Twenty Nine

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                From the looks of the outdoor, the day is going to be beautiful. Under the clear sky, the birds are chirping on top of the tree that can be heard in the window's kitchen. Of how bright it is outside, the opposite is the alarming news on TV.

                "The minor earthquakes, that our country is experiencing these past few months, have also been occuring to each part of the world. The seismologists from all over the globe has united at Chicago to conduct a major research about this. Till now, the reason is unknown why this incident keeps on happening but the specialists said that they are trying to solve this mystery soon." The announcer said from the TV screen in the kitchen.

                "Chanyeol, your soup seems to be done." Kyungsoo snaps him to reality.

                Turning off the stove in front of him, he takes off the pink apron he is wearing and follows Kyungsoo in the living room. "Kyungsoo, don't you really know anything about the earthquakes it keeps on happening around this planet?" Chanyeol expects the angel to respond but still gets disappointed when the shorter shakes his head.

                "You know me, Chanyeol. I cannot keep secrets that's why Michael-Hyung is always preaching me." Kyungsoo explained, sitting on the couch. "Anyways, instead of getting problematic with the world's issue, why don't you wake up the birthday boy upstairs? That's the reason why you're cooking that weird soup, right?"

                "Kyungie, it's a seaweed soup." The angel rolls his eyes and takes the newspaper on top of the coffee table to read it.

                Chanyeol goes upstairs and enters his room, simply to wake his boyfriend up. He found the Demon Prince is still peacefully sleeping there. Chanyeol feels bad waking him but they have a lot of things to do in this special day.

                Like a cautious cat, the younger climbs on the bed, leaning his upper part to his boyfriend. Chanyeol gingerly puts his hand on Kris’ arm and shakes him.

                "Kris?" He softly called. "Wake up."

                Kris seems just waiting and uses that as a trigger to his trap as he opens his eyes. He locks his arm around his lover and they bowl along making the boy lies by his side. Chanyeol squirms but Kris’ hold just gets tighter to the latter.

                "Hyung!" Chanyeol cried while Kris is giggling at him.

                "He or she? He or she? You're wasting your power to be a boy again. Stop doing that because you’re confusing me." Sulking, Chanyeol pushes him off with all his force but Kris wraps him again in his grasp.

                "Ugh! If you're tired of me, let go and you're free to leave. Let's—break—up while our relationship is young." Kris goes on top of him with widen eyes.

                "What are you saying? I did not tell you that I don't love you anymore. And, why are you easily giving up on me?" There is a hint of hurt with those words and Chanyeol simply chuckles at him. Kris is at a loss.

                The younger boy gently pinches his nose. "You're always making fun of me so I'm just getting us even."

                "Oh, really?" As both of them are smiling foolishly and like challenging each other, Kris lunges attacking his lover by tickling him. Chanyeol tries dodging and stopping his mischievous hands but he cannot catch up with him. The Demon Prince is good at everything related to horseplay.

 

                The truth is Chanyeol already told Kris why he was still staying with his human male form. Because, while Chanyeol is still a part of earth and the mortals' population, he wants to keep what he knows himself initially. Good thing, Chanyeol's strength is back and his payment visits him seldom unlike before. It is as if they are back to what the lovers' lifestyle used to be before their baby arrives.

                Life is satisfying at this stage and the young couple hopes it stay like this forever.

 

                Kris kisses Chanyeol on his full lips. "I'm taking my first gift for the day." The younger squeaks and slaps his chest. The snorting older asks. "W-why?"

                "You should ask my permission first." Kris nods in his accordance with his lover before he leans closer to Chanyeol's ear and whispers something.

                "Okay. Can I kiss you again and now with tongue?" The flush on the younger's cheeks appears, looking so adorable for Kris.

                "Uh... You can only put your lips on mine and I don't know if we can even do that, because..." Chanyeol's eyes points behind his boyfriend. "They are staring at us judgingly-extra-hard."

                Kris abruptly follows the direction of Chanyeol's eyes, bolting to the two unwelcome spectators who are just standing near their feet.

                This always happens and Kris swears he and Chanyeol will move away from them, so so far away, as soon as they get married. When it is getting good, Kyungsoo appears to kill the fun in timing. And sometimes, he is with his eldest sibling like now.

                "You two should go down before we flip this bed." The smile on Kyungsoo's face is as if he'll kill one of them and Kris knows he is that person. The real man of the pair does not want Chanyeol to part with him but he cannot do anything if his princess' guardians are there to watch them. Or, more like meddling between them.

                Chanyeol timidly sits up on the bed. "I'll go ahead and let Kris do his beauty regimen here." Seriously, the Demon Prince is more feminine than he is when it comes to skin maintenance.

                "Cool, you better help me prepare the table for breakfast." Kyungsoo suggested.

                "Sure."

                "We'll wait downstairs and don't do something silly." Minseok's last warning before he and his younger brother go out of the room.

                "We won't." As soon as the door closed, Chanyeol cups Kris' jaw and gives him a quick kiss.

                The older's world turns around even it is not the passionate one he was expecting. Getting off the bed, Chanyeol proceeds to the door.

                "Happy Birthday, My Demon Love."

                Although he is still not comfortable with their new pet names, Kris wants to reply. "Thanks, My Angel Sweetie."

                The younger gives him a flying kiss that he willingly catches and like he really has something in his hand when he puts it on his mouth.

                "You already received three kisses for today. You're such a spoiled brat for a Nineteen-year-old boy, don't you think?"

                Kris smirks. "I don't mind being called like that because later I know I'll get more."

 

                The Demon Prince goes downstairs after he changed to a new set of clothes and fixed himself. This day like everyone in the house knows is special and Chanyeol is more excited than him because already listed the activities they are going to do a month before. Kris spots his lover is just at the living room petting their offspring on his lap.

 

                It has been almost four months sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter