Jessica Jung

Take My Hand [HAITUS]

Missing You - Teen Top


 

 

Chapter 4 - Jessica Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's POV

It's another morning for Sohee and she sat quietly in her desk. It was quite early, so there weren’t many students in the classroom of 6C. She sighed as her mind clouded with happy, yet heartbreaking memories of her ex-boyfriend.

 

Why doesn't she just move on and maybe she could notice there is someone else that cares for her?

 

Well moving on is easier than done and it's only the second day of her break up.

 

Another tiring sigh escaped Sohee's lips as she stared out the window of her classroom. Drowsiness started to cover her, since she spent most of the night crying. Her eyelids became a lot heavier and the muscles in her eyelids are losing its strength to keep her eyelids up. She yawned with a sigh, shutting her eyes and gently placed her head on the palm of her right hand. Soft chatter was heard from the students in the classroom of 6C as drowsiness overpowered the girl's mind. Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

 

"Sohee!" a cheerful voice sang loudly, shocking Sohee. She immediately sat up straight, her brain on alert.

 

"Oh, did I stable you?" the oh-so-familiar cheerful voice giggled.

Sohee let out a quiet sigh and turned to her blue-head seatmate. "Good morning Youngwon-ssi," Sohee greeted with a weary voice.

The blue-head pouted, annoyed that his new friend still being so distant and polite to him. "How many times do I have to tell you not to put 'ssi' at the end of my name," he fussed and crossed his arms over his chest with a cute scowl on his face.

Sohee just tiredly sighed and just looked out the window again - too tired to be bothered to answer her cheery seatmate.

 

Youngwon pouted that Sohee didn't bother to answer him. "Sohee, you're even more quiet then yesterday," he whined and pouted some more.

 

"I'm just tired," Sohee answered exhaustedly.

"Oh, really? Why?" Youngwon asked curiously and turned to his friend.

"I just am," she snapped, getting irritated.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the blue-haired mumbled and left the girl alone.

 

Sohe heavily breathed out and turned to the sulking blue-head playing with his fingers.

"Sorry, for growling at you," she apologized, making the sulking boy brightened up immediately.

"It's okay; I should be the one apologizing. You looked really sleepy," Youngwon chirped, grinning at the end.

 

Sohee sighed for the nth time this morning and gave her seatmate a minute smile.

 

Suddenly, a shrilling bell screamed from the speakers, indicating school is starting. Sohee glanced around the room, finally noticing the mass amount of students in class.

After a couple of minutes, Park seonsaengnim came into the class room with an unfamiliar girl. The student's chatter quieted down, giving the respect that their teacher should have. The class monitor called everyone to stand up and we all greeted Park seonsaengnim in unison. The class monitor ordered us to sit down again after she greeted us back.

 

"Well class, as you can see, we have a new student. Well actually she's not new," Park seonsaengnim chuckled to herself, "Okay, introduce yourself."

The girl nodded with a shy smile playing on her lips. She stepped forward with her two hands in front of her. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Su-yeon ibnida," she greeted everyone and bowed, "I use to be a student here, but I went over to the sates to study. I hope you all remember me and please treat me well."

 

We all clapped our hands, welcoming her to our class. Su-yeon has urban colored hair, which matched her very nicely. She has a slim tall figure and has a very pretty face. She wore her uniform neatly, making her look like a model.

 

"Aigoo, Su-yeon-ah, you have grown up so much," Park seonsaengnim said with delight.

"Seonsaengnin, please call me Jessica now," she requested.

"Aigoo, went to the States for a year and you already want to be called by your English name," Park seonsaengnim chortled and shook her head.

 

"Arraso, sit at any seat that are available and here is your locker key," Park seonsaengnim said and handed Jessica a key and tag.

With a bow and a thank you from Jessica, she quickly scanned the room and saw a seat in the middle row, next to Youngwon and Sohee's desk. She smiled peacefully and walked to the seat she mentally chose. She said a small 'hi' to the girl next to her and sat down.

 

After roll call, Park seonsaengnim hoped everyone to have a nice day and walked out of class to teach another class.

Once the wooden door closed, the room erupted with chattering teenagers. Many people went up to Jessica to greet her and welcome her back. She smiled sweetly to every single person who greeted her and thanked him or her politely.

 

Sohee’s POV

Jessica is very popular and many people went up to her to greet her, even Youngwon. Actually, I’m not surprise he would go up to her and say hello. That ball of sunshine would greet anyone.

 

I silently chuckled to myself for knowing Youngwon’s main personality and it was just the second day. Well you can’t really blame me, he doesn’t hide himself. He is always cheerful, friendly and optimistic, while I’m so pessimistic and the smallest thing would make me feel scared and nervous. Youngwon is so outgoing and I’m so sheltered. Youngwon and I are so different, why would he want to be friends with me. I don’t even try to be friends with him. In fact, I don't even try to befriend anyone, everyone makes an effort to know me and befriend me.

 

I snapped out of my train of thoughts when the teacher dropped his books on the table. The male teacher is very tall and doesn’t look Korean at all. He has golden-blonde hair, bushy eye-brows, making him sort of look like an angry bird. He has a slightly flat nose and a defined jaw-line. He wore a well ironed white dress shirt and plain black trousers.

 

“Good morning class,” a very tall and good-looking male teacher greeted in English.

Many of the female students blushed and giggled at his good looks and deep voice. Everyone stood up and greeted our teacher, but in Korean, of course.

 

“My name is Kevin Wu and I’m your English teacher,” he said in Korean.

 

He sat down and opened his computer to take attendance. Once he was done, he started the lesson.

Mr. Wu asked many questions in Korean and English, asking us to translate it in both languages. Many of the students didn't do so well and had a really Korean accent, including me, but there were a handful of students passed with flying colours, like Jessica, which was not a surprise since she just came back from the States.

 

I could tell so far that Jessica was and still is a popular person, well it was pretty obvious when so many people went up to her to say hi. She looks sweet, friendly and quite out going - someone that I will never be, even if I wanted to.

 

Author’s POV

It’s first break of the day, Inati and his friends where sitting on the bleachers of the basketball court. They were talking merely, waiting of their youngest of their group, which is jogging over to the bleachers.

 

“Hey did you guys hear? Jung Su-yeon is back from the States,” Jisu informed and sat down in front of the leader.

 

Dari mentally shivered and let out a sigh. “I thought she left for good,” he muttered to himself.

 

Inati on the other hand, stiffened when he heard the girl’s name. His heart beat a bit faster, but it throbbed at the same time. He gulped and let out a quiet sigh. ‘She’s back,’ he thought mindlessly.

 

“Yeah and she’s in Inati hyung’s girlfriend’s class,” the youngest grinned cheekily.

 

The leader glared at the younger and slapped him on the back of the head. “She’s not my girlfriend,” he defended.

 

“Oh come on man, we all know you like her,” Simon added with a smirk.

 

Inati rolled his eyes and placed his chin on his palms, supporting his head as he looked blankly at the scenery in front of him.

“Don’t be ridiculous; we’ve only known each other 24 hours and a bit. It’s impossible to have feelings for someone that fast,” he reasoned.

 

Simon and Jisu glanced at each other and shrugged. However, Dari on the other hand, glanced at Inati, who was still staring at nothing, and let out a deep sigh. ‘He still likes her,’ he thought sadly.

 

Sohee’s POV

Break went fast. It didn’t felt it was thirty minutes. I got to say, without Yongwon, it’s very peaceful. I successfully slipped out of the classroom without him knowing, or maybe no one noticing.

I spent my thirty minute break sketching on the rooftop where Inati showed me. The place was very peaceful and quiet. No one goes up here and I’m glad. The scenery was great and there was plenty of fresh air. Too bad I only got the outline of the setting when the bell rang. It really didn’t feel like thirty minutes at all.

 

I walked along the hallway, chattering students luxury walked to their lockers, while I tried to avoid to bump into any of them.

 

With a skip and a hop, I finally arrived at my locker with a pouting Yungwon standing next to it. He was leaning on his locker, arms crossed with a displeased look scrunched on his face.

 

“Why did you run off without telling me?” he whined grumpily.

“I wanted time alone,” I replied softly, “sorry.”

 

I sighed and opened my locker, grabbing out my flute, a folder and pencil case.

 

“Okay, but you better tell me next time,” he scolded and finally opened his locker to grab his books.

 

“Okay,” I mumbled and strolled off to my next class, after I locked my locker.

 

From memory, I walked to the music room. I had flute lessons outside of school for over ten years, so I chose music for senior year, which was another elective. However, the music class the school offered me was advance, which is for last year seniors.

 

I stepped in the music room, the students were everywhere. Some were practicing their instruments, many were talking and there were a bunch of girls surrounding the grand piano on the stage, which was in the corner.

I blinked and slightly crooked my head to the side. I took a breath and walked to the seat at the back of the room. I placed my belongings on the table and sat down. I scanned the large room. The walls of the room were painted white and a beige blue carpet was stapled on the floor. The seats were placed in a ‘U’ shape, letting students observe performances from other students while they perform. There was a stage up in front of the room, running down to the centre of the ‘U’. There was a black grand piano at the left corner of stage and a whiteboard on the wall behind the stage. There were steps on both sides of the stage so students could go on and off the stage.

The music room was like a small auditorium. It’s much bigger than the music rooms in Daegu or any other music rooms I have been to.

 

I was awestruck from the magnificent room, admiring the magnificent room, until the door flung open and a young man in his mid-20’s walked in the room, making all the students run back to their seats, standing behind their desks. The man has ink-black hair, which was messily styled and fair skin. He has a tall nose, defined jaw-line and fierce foxlike eyes. He wore an artsy dress shirt, black jumper and trousers and a silver, metal studded necklace dangling under the collar of his dress shirt.

 

He walked up the stairs to the stage and pulled out a microphone out of nowhere and switched it on. We bowed and greeted the young music teacher, sitting back down after he motioned that we can.

“Good morning class, my name is Kim HimChan and I’m your music teacher,” his deep, raspy voice spoke through the microphone, making some of the girls giggle.

“Since this is a double, I would like you all introduce yourselves and let us all get to know each other, but not with words,” he said cheekily, making the students a bit confused.

“How are we going to introduce ourselves without words?” a student rose his hand and asked.

The music teacher smirked, his eyes sparked with mischievous. “A very good question,” he commented, “you’re going to present yourself by playing your instrument.”

“I’ll call out your name and you’ll come on stage and play your instrument,” he announced, “I’ll go first for a demonstration and since I’m your teacher,” he proclaimed and walked off stage to the store room.

After a couple of seconds, he came out with a janggu. He walked back on the stage and gently placed the instrument on the stage and sat himself down. He closed his eyes and he started playing.

 

 

 

[skip to 2:07]

His hands gracefully moved, yet at the same time they have a firm strong movement. The sticks he was holding flowed how his hands moved them. The looked like leaves fluttering in the wind, but manipulated at the same time.

 

When he finished he opened his eyes again and stood up, holding the janggu. He bowed as the students erupted with cheers and applause. He placed the instrument aside and started to call the roll. Each student came up on stage one by one to perform a short recital and after quite a lot of students, the young music teacher finally called me up. I got out of my seat and went on the stage with my already assembled flute.

“Okay, I heard you are a year younger than everyone else here, except Ji Si-ssi over there and the principal even recommended you to take the advance course,” he stated with an amused smile playing on his lips, “I expect something quite spectacular from you.”

 

I took a deep breath and gulped. The teacher already walked off the stage, leaving me alone on the big stage. Every pair of eyes is staring at me and only me. My breathing hitched up and my knees started to shake. To add to all the pressure, Kim seonsaengnim is expecting something spectacular from me. What do I do?

 

I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. ‘Just pretend no one is here, but, yourself. Just pretend no one is here, but, yourself,’ I chanted in my head.

I imagined I am in a meddow. Luscious grass and colourful flowers surrounded me. The sky was clear and the sun shined brightly. No moving soul was anywhere nears me – it is just me and I.

 

I brought my flute to my lips and started to play a piece that I practiced for quite a while now. It is the first beat of the ‘Three Beats for Beat-box Flute Movement’, by Greg Pattillo.

 

 

 

When I finished the only two minutes of the recital I’ve learnt, I opened my eyes and pulled my flute away from my lips. My breathing was a bit heavy as I nervously stared at the quiet audience in front of me. No one made a sound, but their mouths were gaped and they have this shocked and surprised expression on their faces. I timidly bit my bottom lip and darted my eyes around the room. Suddenly, I heard clapping from the end of the stage. I looked to my right, seeing Kim seonsaengnim clapping, having a very amazed expression on his face. Soon, everyone started clapping and cheering and even stood up. Seonsaengnim walked up to the stage, still clapping in amazement.

 

“That was amazing,” he coughed out when the applauding died down, “I can see why the principal recommended you to be in the advance class.”

 

I thanked him and went back to my seat. Seonsaengnim proceeded calling the role and apparently it was Jisu.

“Well we have another first year senior! I hope you’re as good as Sohee-ssi,” seonsaengnim joked.

 

 

Jisu walked up to stage and sat on the bench where the grand piano was. He placed his hands on the keys and closed his eyes. Music started to flow out of the piano as his fingers danced around the keys. His body swayed as the music flowed through the classroom. The music was just beautiful and I didn’t notice I was tearing up.

When he finished, everyone broke out into cheers impatiently. Many girls were sniffing and some were even whipping their tears away. Seonsaengnim walked up staged after Jisu bowed to the audience.

 

“That was wonderful,” seonsaengnim commented, “I almost cried.” He did a fake sniffle, making the students laugh.

 

Jisu walked back to his seat and the role calling and performing continued, which took the whole double music lesson. The teacher let us leave five minutes early since there is clearly no point to start teaching us anything.

I walked out of the music room, getting a fright when a hand clamped on my left shoulder. I heard a chuckled beside me as I turned to see who it was. I let out a sigh and stopped myself from rolling my eyes when I saw Jisu holding his stomach, laughing there was no tomorrow.

 

“Do you want something, Jisu-ssi?” I asked.

“Oh gosh, your reaction was funny,” he stated, after he calmed down and shoved his hands in his trousers pockets, “anyways, I’m here to invite you to join to eat lunch with me and my friends. Youngwon can come, if he wants.”

“Um, I’m not sure,” I replied softly and bit my bottom lip.

“If you’re not sure, then I’ll decide for you. You’re going to eat lunch with us!” he declared and smirked, grabbing my risk and pulled me to the senior building before I could even react.

 

“What is your locker number?” he asked as he pulled me through the corridors.

“Uh, C20?” I replied, not sure what was happening.

“Got it,” he said and pulled me to my locker.

However, we crashed into someone before we could even get there. The girl we crashed into fell on the floor because of the impact. She let out a yelp and a grunt as her books flew out of her hands.

“Jeongmal joesonghaeyo,” Jisu said as he helped her up, while I gathered all her books.

“Gwaenchayo?” I asked her and handed back her books.

 

My mouth gapped a bit when I finally took a real look at who we bumped into. It was Jessica.

I snapped out of my daze when she grabbed her books out of my hands and gave me a sweet smile. I blinked twice and forced a small smile.

 

“Hey Jisu, you two know each other?” Jessica asked and pointed at us two, “Or maybe going out.” She giggled.

Jisu chuckled and shook his head. He whispered something in Jessica’s ear and winked. However, her faced dropped and turned into almost a scowl, but in an instant, it changed back into a sugary smile. I blinked and blankly looked between Jisu and Jessica.

 

“Come on Sohee, we need to put your books away and to lunch!” Jisu grinned.

“Su-yeon-ah, do you want to join?” he asked.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled shyly. “Let me put my books away first,” she said, “I’ll meet you at the cafeteria. Same table, right?”

 

“Okay,” Jisu said, making an ‘okay’ sign.

 

“Come on, come on Sohee. You don’t mind me calling you Sohee, right?” he blabbered, ushering me to my locker.

 

Author’s POV

Sohee was pulled, pushed and pulled again to the cafeteria, from two bubbly people: the happy-go-lucky, blue-haired Youngwon and mischievous, baby-face Jisu.

 

“Come on Sohee!” Youngwon chirped, “Let’s have lunch!”

“Why are you even that excited to have lunch?” Sohee asked as she was pulled in the student packed canteen.

 

The two boys pulled poor Sohee to the table in the middle of the cafeteria, where the three last senior Dalmatian boys are. “WE’RE HERE!” the two boys announced, flying their arms up dramatically, bringing Sohee’s up with them.

 

The three boys on the table chuckled and shook their heads.

“Crazy weirdoes,” Simon commented in English.

 

“Hey guys,” a high pitch voice said from behind of the trio that has their arms up.

 

Everyone on the table became quiet and looked behind them. Inati’s expression turned glum once he heard the very familiar voice, while Dari slightly frowned.

‘Why is she here?’ Dari thought.


 

 

Author's Note

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hello! Yes, I have introduced a new character, Jessica from SNSD!

No, Kris from EXO and Himchan from B.A.P are not new characters you'll see much later in the story.

So, How did you guys like this chapter? Who is 'Jessica Jung'? What is her history between her Inati and Dari? 

Random qustion. How did you guys like the 'Three Beats of Beat-box Flute'?

here's the full version of it!

 

 

 

Follow me on:

 

Twitter : ViviChenny

Instagram: vivchenny

Please comment and subscribe; and thank you for reading