Chapter 2

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3!!

 

Both Kris and Luhan kicked the door open. The force made the door fall from its hinges. Kris immediately dashed into the living room and pointed his gun, eyes scanning the room for the intruder. When he saw who it was, his face went pale. "Luhan, it's..." Kris turned his head and saw something that he regret for the rest of his life in agreeing to Victoria' demand that he partnered up with Luhan.

 

Luhan dive roll his way into the room, impressively didn't knock into any possible fragile objects in the living room. He ends up on his knees, pointing his gun and screamed "Freeze!!" The silence that follows afterwards was deafening. When Luhan saw the intruder, he suddenly felt like curling himself into a ball and bursts into flame. Oh God, sometimes I question my existence. Do I exsist to humiliate myself? It's my face, isn't it? You don't like my face that's why you're torturing me. While Luhan was having a one-sided discussion with God about his existence, Kris went up to him and whacks him several times on the head.

 

"Hello guys. I'm pretty sure Victoria won't be happy about the door though." said the so-called intruder. Luhan quickly stand up, pushed Kris' aside and fixed his hair as best as he could.

 

"Sulli, we didn't know you will be here. Sorry, if I scared you a bit with the kung-fu thing."

 

"I assume that Victoria forgot to mention that I will be here. I'm actually done here, just need to take the sample back to the lab and you don't scare me Luhan." Sulli packed her things while giving Luhan a warm smile.

 

"Oh for sake.." Kris muttered when he saw Luhan making moon eyes to Sulli. Everybody in the station knew Luhan had a thing for Sulli. Once, Kris caught him leaving a postcard with his self-made poems and roses on Sulli's car on Valentine's Day. Kris immediately dragged Luhan, along with his card and roses into their office. They had a long talk that day or rather Kris lecturing Luhan about creepy behaviour and Luhan pointing out that he was just jealous. Need to stop before his brain cell decided to swim out of his ears.

 

"Hey Sulli, since you're done, we'll get out of your hair now. Just inform us if the toxicology report is done." Kris nodded to her and went to give a reprimanding look at his partner. Grabbing Luhan's arm, Kris literally dragged Luhan out of Sulli's way.

 

"Ok guys, I'm off and let's hope to God there won't be another victim." Her eyes clouded with fury. Sulli may look weak but she is bright and passionate about her work. She is determined to uphold justice and not afraid to voice her opinion. She's one of the youngest members in the forensic team.

 

When Sulli left (Luhan was determined to stay rooted on the floor until she was out of his sight), the duo made a trip to look around the house for any substantial evidence or lead for the case. Luhan went into the victim's, Tiffany, bedroom. He looked around, taking in the state of the room. Everything was neat and properly arranged. Even the bed, by the wall, was properly made. The only thing that seems to be out of place was the blood splatter that adorned the flawless bed sheet and the wall. People always assumed that Luhan is the clumsy one when compared to Kris, who appeared aloof and serious most of the time. Pish..whatever, I don't care what people think. No point trying to change their mind. They're not the important one. Where was I? All the victims were kidnapped from their own house. Then their bodies were found several days later, always one block away from their house. Why would the kidnapper do that?

 

Luhan looked throughly around the room; it was a small room with white wallpapers, a single bed that faced towards the only window. The entrance was facing the side of the bed, a small table, at the corner, an arm's length from the bed with books stack neatly on it and no mirror. It's obvious to him that the crime started in this room. The kidnapper didn't muscle his way into this room nor did he break into the house. And from the blood splatter, it's obvious that the victim was standing when she was struck...on the head? From her height, it seems to be plausible. There're no indications that struggle had happen in this room or any parts of the house. So it was a surprise attack. All the possible entrance into the house had been locked and secured.

 

Luhan went to stand near the window. Just because this is the 4th floor, can't rule out any possibility. Judging by the dust, it seems the window's latch had not been disturbed for quite a long time. He pushed the window open and peered out. No sign of forced entry or anything to suggest that the criminal went through here. From the evidence, it seems to suggest that the victim had actually invited the kidnapper in. From the report that Victoria gave, the evidence they got from the other victims' house also suggest that they had probably invited their killer into the house. Chances are the victims and the kidnapper were friends but there are no links between the victims. They all have different circle of friends. Different careers, different lives, different parts of town. The only link was physical. Did the kidnapper threaten his way in? But the third victim was a Judo instructor, unless the kidnapper uses some sort of drugs? How did the victim ingest or inhale the drugs? How?

 

"Planning to jump out of the window?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter