Chapter 5

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Seriously though, did you have to box my ears? My ears are still ringing during our drive from the station to the library.” Kris parked his car in front of the library, rubbing his left ear. “I think I’m going deaf.”

 

The library looked gloomy that morning, perhaps due to the light haze and the structure of the building itself. The building was huge, grey, resembling a Victorian structure. It was an old residential that was turned into a library in the mid-50s. Turning his coat collar up, Kris squinted through the haze to walk up to the library with Luhan trailing behind him.

 

“That’s what you get for putting your feet on my notes. What were you thinking anyway? It’s all wrinkled.” Luhan moved towards the entrance, smoothing out the paper while scowling at his partner.

 

“You mean Chanyeol’s paper. I’m sure you’ve already memorized that goddamn thing, why do you need it here? Put it away, will you.” His hand was swatted away by Luhan, who put the crumpled paper inside his trenchcoat. Sighing loudly, the duo made their way to the entrance of the library. They were about to enter the building when a man with silver hair opened the entrance. Startled, the silver haired man narrowed his eyes dangerously.

 

“Delinquents are not welcome here.” He stepped behind the door, leaving enough gaps so the duo could feel his piercing gaze directed towards them. Kris was ready to blow some steam when Luhan intervened. He stepped in front of Kris, politely showing his badge to the man.

 

“I’m sorry. We’re on an official investigation. Yoona is our co-worker, she texted you yesterday to tell you that we’ll be coming here.” Luhan beamed at him. Upon hearing this, the silver hair quickly straightens up and invites them to enter the premise.

 

“Goodness, when Yoona texted me that two detectives were coming up, I imagine them to be quite old and reserved and not… well, not this.” He made a gestured with his hand, smiling shyly. “I’m sorry, I don’t get to meet quite a lot of people, I spent too much time in the library (“too much if you asked me” Kris muttered) busy fixing and arranging the books. So sorry, I only get to acquire my social skills from books.” Luhan only nodded and quickly added, “Oh I definitely get what you mean, I was like that too. It’s quite hard sometimes to meet people. Those times, I think it’s much easier to lose yourselves in a book then face reality.” The silver hair man looked him, understanding dawning upon his face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter