Today, Tomorrow, the same, but different

【Left Eye】

This year, I'm turning  16, only 1 more month to go....

     I woke up to the sound of rattling branches and whisling winds, It was a bit of a ruckus, but I didn't mind, and so gradually, I opened my eyes. Soon enough I was completely awake, and ready to get the day started, It was a Friday morning, and I had a headache, and it ever so slightly stung the back of my head. Ever since Monday I was melting into all the school work that had been thrown on to me, and dear Lord was I ever joyed that the weekend was tomorrow.

     In my opinion, I think I'm pretty average in academics, but I'm absurdly useless in athletic activities, maybe I'm comparable to a slug against a cheetah in a 100 meter Sprint. I've got no stamina, no skill, and no physical strength, I'm stuck with this frail, shortish, and slender looking body, and to top it off I'm a klutz. But somehow, despite the way I describe myself, I'm no sickly stay at home person, I'm a completely healthy young boy, that can handle everyday things an average human handles.

     By then I had finished showering, dressing myself, and fixing up a decent look for school. It was already time to head to school, any longer and I would be tardy. So I grabbed my bookbag, lunch, jacket, and dashed through the hallway of my flat, passing by a mirror that hung on one of the walls, I heavily sighed, and then reversed my steps to look at the mirror again.

    "I almost forgot my eyepatch again, darn this is the 8th time!" I said, pointing at the mirror, hissing at my reflection.

    I bought an eyepatch only two years ago, although it costed me a few stomach aches & cramps, It was worth it. 
The people around me had finally started to lay off, a few weeks after I started to wear it, although I don't really know why, maybe they thought I cut my eye out or something stupid like that. So chose a good eye patch, yea, I had no plans of reverting back to the old medicical bandages, since they really did irritate my eye.

    I ran back into my room, took the eyepatch off the dresser, strapped it on, and adjusted it accordingly. And finally, I was able get going to school, so I headed on out, and made my way off to school.

     Whilist I was strolling down the usual root to school, I spotted a tall, blonde, and foreign looking guy, he was sat under a newly bloomed cherry tree, and not to mention it was my favorite tree. He looked around my age, and I couldn't help but feel curious, and wander around him, slowly getting closer, trying to get a better look at him.

     "Hey, you, over there" the guy called out to me, his gaze catching mine.
Its kinda surprised me with the fact that he was fluent pretty in Japanese.

     "Hello, are you new here? " I said, and walked up to him.

     "Yea, I just arrived here, but I've been here once back when I was a kid," He said, "Its really changed a bit, hasn't it?" 

     "Hmm, well I've been here since forever, and so far, nothing has really changed," I sighed, glancing back and forth from his gaze to the cherry trees.

     I could tell that he'd been eye balling my eyepatch for a while now, but I ignored it, I really didn't want to have to explain.

     He looked at me with a silly and curious grin, then hoisted himself up to his feet, "I'm Kei Inukai, 16 years old, but I'm guessing your a middle schooler right?" He laughed, giving me a pat on the head.

     He was so tall compared to me, but his touch felt nostalgic, warm, and wide, just enough to cover my head, I felt like I knew this hand, but how?

     I pulled away, "I'm in high school! a fift-teen year old!" I said, feeling a bit ticked off, but I guess it wasn't his fault, I guess I am pretty short, and look a bit young for my age, but I wish he hadn't straight up treated me as a brat.

    "Wha-?! your really 15? man you gotta be kidding me," Kei gasped, and then tried to muffle his laughter.

    "Well, its okay, its not like the first time this happened," I stated with a sigh. 

     His expression looked a little troubled after he heard my reply, but then his eye's glinted a bit when he looked down at my uniform.

   "Hey, now that you mention it, your wearing the Seikuran high school uniform, you go to that school?" He said, extending his arm, then resting it on my shoulder.

    "Yea I do, what about you... wait, how do you know the appearance of Seikuran high school uniform?" I asked.

     "Well actually I'm tranffering into that school today, but I kinda got lost on the way there," He sighed, with his troubled look.

      When Kei had pointed out that, I realized that I forgot about going to school, and was completely immersed into my conversation with Kei Inukai, "I'm going to be late for school!" I exclaimed.

     "Wha, wait what about me? are you going to leave the nice Onii-san behind!?" He said, grabbing my shirt collar, and holding me back.

      "Who's the 'Nice Onii-san' darn you're going to make me late," I let out a low sigh, "Here, I'll just show you the way!" and stormed off, dragging Kei Inukai along side me.

 

Onii-san = Older brother, big brother ect.

Authors note: Gawsh, everyone is like "UPPDATTEE!!" Yea yea, I know, but I have a life too, and I need my anime.
I hope you liked the second chapter, I really was pressured into updating it so I hope its alright, 

Ok? there, now every one can be happeh, that includes Cyan, TheFriends, and Chizuru. <3