You're Beautiful : Moving Forward - Part 4

You're Beautiful : Moving Forward

 

"Noona! You are up!" Jeremy called out excitedly from his seat at the breakfast table.

He has currently taken a liking to calling her 'Big Sister', his reason being the fact that Min Nyu was a few months older than him. Besides, he thought, a sister was a more permanent relation than a girlfriend, wasn't it?

Looking at her now, as a pretty girl, his heart could not help but feel a little contricted.

Like the other ANjells, Jeremy felt a strong atraction to Min Nyu right from her arrival into their lives, a short three and half months ago - even when they all thought she was a boy.

And as usual, Jeremy changrinly thought, being as clueless as he was, he was the last to know that she was truly a girl.

But Min Nyu's heart belonged to another and right from the moment she realised that fact, she held steadfastly to it. In spite of Shin Woo's pleads and regardless to Jeremy's outbursts, Min Nyu's heart stayed true to the one and only Hwang Tae-kyung.

Jeremy smiled to himself thinking of that fact, for he was surprised to find out that though Min Nyu's heart belonged to her Hyungnim, her friendship and love were to be shared in abundance with others – with extended portion to her two other favourite ANjells.

"Good morning Jeremy," Min Nyu smiled fondly at the blond boy. "Where is everybody? Are you the first one up?"

"Ani, Hyung just went upstairs to take his shower," Jeremy replied while busying himself with his bottle of orange juice. "He prepared breakfast today."

Min Nyu looked at the spread before her. Apart from the usually available bread and buns with their accompanied butter and jam, there were the signature ANjell fried rice, sausages, scrambled eggs and pancakes with syrup.

"Wow, he must have been up early to prepare all these by himself," said Min Nyu.

"Uhuh," replied Jeremy who was now busy with a banana. "He said to go ahead with breakfast when everybody is downstairs and not to wait for him."

Min Nyu simply smiled at him while she poured herself a glass of milk, then proceeding to sit beside him.

"So, Noona, did you sleep well?" smiled Jeremy at Min Nyu over his half bitten banana.

He could help but to admire the quiet confidence that this Min Nyu seemed to exude and still could not believe that they were all apart for two whole months. He really could not remember how he could actually get over a day without her company.

Perhaps the hectic schedule managed to camoflauge that, he mused.

Last night, after they all witnessed Tae-kyung's heatfelt reunion with her from behind the stage, both Min Nyu and Tae-kyung were ushered to where the other ANJells and crew were before the excited leagions of fans even relaised that their idol was unprotected off stage.

Jeremy was the first to welcome Min Nyu on stage, hugging her fiercely while admonishing her at rapping speed on her being silent the past months.

He was then tugged away by a very angry Min Nam, who got upset seeing his sister accosted that way.

"Min Nyu ya, kwenchana?" Jeremy remembered the twin asked. That was the first time the ANjells witnesssed the twins together, with Min Nam suddenly revealing a totally different side of himself – vulnerable, concerned, caring, not quite unlike the mighty Hwang Tae-kyung.

The Min Nam that they knew was a myriad of characters, from playful to serious, from charming to completely bad-assed. Last night, it was Min Nam, the brother, which surfaced.

Jeremy also recalled Min Nyu happy smile at seeing her brother, replying that she was well and at the moment very happy to be with them again.

Shin Woo then stpped forward to take Min Nyu in his arms as a say hello, until Tae-kyung pulled them apart and the Stage Director asked them to be on standby for their performance.

"Wait for me till the show ends…..please," Tae-kyung was heard saying. He was never one to mince words nor one to request for permissions, so his plea really surprised Jeremy, who was within earshot.

That night proved to be a revelation for Jeremy, seeing a truly happy Tae-kyung on stage. The ANjell leader sang only happy songs that night and left all the ballads to Min Nam.

At every performance break, he would run off back stage to hug Min Nyu and made sure she was still there. In fact, all the other three ANjells did excatly the same, often soliciting laughter from their object of affection. Min Nyu stayed through out the concert at the side of the stage together with Cordi Wang, Manager Ma and Presedent Ang. She also helped with the costume changes when she can.

The fans really had no idea how blessed they were to see a really robust and energetic ANJell performance that night. Also rare was to see a truly radiant and blissfully happy Hwang Tae-kyung. His smile must have surely burst a few bulbs, Jeremy smiled at the thought.

"So you haven't answered me. Did you sleep well? Do you likeyour room?" Jeremy asked Min Nyu again.

"Yes, I really love it," Min Nyu smiled her reply. "I love Shin Woo Hyung's choice of pictures, your terrific sound system and Hyungnim's altar."

"Just Hyungnim's altar?" Jeremy laughed.

"Ya, Goh Min Nyu, he practically did the whole room himself. Nearly drove the contractors crazy with his constant changes. From where the sink should be, to the where the flower pot should stand. He was gracious enough to let me and Shin Woo choose the sound system and pictures, thank you very much."

"He fired two contractors and nearly killed the third one! He was lucky the forth one decided to stay and finish up the work. While the ANjells, we had to practice for weeks without him. Shin Woo had to take over and lead us," Jeremy continued, laughing at Min Nyu's surprised face.

"Nyu-ya, you are awake," Min Nam exclaimed delightedly, as he bounded into the kitchen, interrupting Min Nyu's train of thought from Jeremy's revelation.

Min Nam ruffled his sister's hair as he pulled out a chair to sit beside her. If one were to picture the old Min Nyu when she was impersonating her brother, the one with the tousled morning hair, sleepy eyes and baggy clothing, then that was exactly the picture the real Min Nam painted that morning, compared with the neatly combed hair and pretty blouse and skirt that Min Nyu was sporting then.

"What time did you sleep? Do you like your room?" Apparently, Min Nyu liking her room seemed to be a big deal to all the ANjells. Min Nyu liking her room equaled to Min Nyu wanting to stay.

"She didn't know Hyung did up her room, bro," Jeremy said, still tickled by Min Nyu's oblivion last night.

"Yeah? Well, he did. A real labour of love, I would say," Min Nam rolled his eyes dramatically.

"From the way he went full steam with the project and just shut everybody out, it would seem like he was the only one who cares so deeply for you," he added with a snort. "What a diva that guy can be!"

"But," Min Nam said, peering at his sister, "from that googly eyed expresssionyou are currently sporting, that drama queen personality of his is definitely not an issue, huh?"

Min Nyu quickly shook herself out of her reverie, trying to shake away any images of Tae-kyung bossing the contractors just to provide the perfect room for her. He could have given her the broom closet and she would still be touched by the gesture, Min Nyu sighed dreamily.

"Aigoo, my sister is a lost cause," Min Nam said dejectedly, at Min Nyu's sheepish grin.

"Why is Min Nyu ssi a lost cause?" said the third ANjell as he walked into the kichen.

Shin Woo went straight to the cupboard to bring out his Chinese Tea and smiled down at Min Nyu as he started his ministrations with the little tea cups and pot.

"Shall I make you a cup?" he asked Min Nyu, automatically following his old routine of making tea for Min Nyu in the mornings.

"That will be nice, thank you," Min Nyu answered politely, smiling up at Shin Woo's handsome face.

"Did you sleep well? How do.."

"Wait, let me finish your question for you. How do I like my new room?" Min Nyu finished the question for him, laughingly.
Shin Woo laughed, "is that the favourite question of the day?"

"Yes, to the favourite question and yes, I love my room. Kamsahamnida, all of you. I told Hyungnim, I'd move in straight away after my stay in Africa is up," Min Nyu smiled.

"Please give me guidance and assistance when I come back to stay later," she shyly added.

"We would all look forward to that day and pray that three months will be over very quickly," Shin Woo vowed. "So, what's for breakfast?"

 

~ To be continued ~