You're Beautiful : Moving Forward - Part 10

You're Beautiful : Moving Forward

 

 

"I feel so old," Ji Sun whined.

"Mwo?" Min Young asked. "What are you talking about now?"

"I said I feel old," the dyed brown haired stewardess repeated, still continuing with her spying on her favourite passengers of the day.

The smaller bobbed-haired stewardess peered over Ji Sun's shoulders, curious to what was making her friend lament that way.

They were both taking a break before having to prepare for the flight's tea session, hidden behind the curtain of the deck's kitchenette, doing what they fondly term as 'passenger watching'.

"What? Why do you feel old?"

"That couple is making me feel old," pretty Ji Sun pouted, pointing 'her couple' to her friend.

"Who? Eh? It's Hwang Tae-kyung," Min Young exclaimed in surprise.

Is the group travelling today? Why were we not notified? And why Africa? Min Young talked to herself.

"Mwo? Who is he?" Ji Sun asked.

"He is the leader of ANJell. Only about the biggest thing to hit the Asian music scene since Rain," Min Young explained.

"Who?"

"ANJell…. THE most popular boyband in Korea….my sister is super crazy about them," Min Young tried again. "Sigh, why do I bother? You'll remain as clueless as ever about your own country's pop scene."

"They are singers?"

"Uhuh," her friend reaffirmed. "Not the girl though…" she trailed curiously.

It was only early last week that she encountered the ANJell boys in the Business Class, when they were on their way to Taiwan for a fan meeting.

Not really a fan, she knew about the band due to the constant updates and shriek fest her 16 year old sister awarded her whenever she brought home an ANJell signature, picture or 'gifts' that she can get from the idols whenever she got to serve them on the plane.

In total she has met them three times already. Personally, she loved Shin Woo the most, with his charming smile and sweet nature.

Jeremy was a little childish for her taste and though she admitted that Hwang Tae-kyung was the most handsome, she had yet to see him without a broody expression or a frown on his face.

Until now, that is.

This would mark her fourth time encountering the ANJells, or rather one of the ANJells. And what a different Hwang Tae-kyung this person was. She quickly picked up her passenger list to double check.

Perhaps he's just a look alike, she thought.

No, it is him, she confirmed, scanning down the page, and the girl is….

Goh Min Nyu.

"Goh Min Nyu?" she asked out loud.

"Mwo?" asked Ji Sun, shaken from her reverie of sighing over the couple's cuteness.

"Ani, I just double checked the list. It is Hwang Tae-kyung and the girl's name is Goh Min Nyu…"

"Girlfriend?"

"I don't know. Certainly looks like it," she looked at the couple again.

"Never heard a gossip on it, though…but Goh Min Nyu, Goh Min Nyu….why does the name seem so familiar…?" Min Young asked herself, shaking her head from side to side.

"Goh Min Nyu! That's the name of the new band member. Ani, it's Goh Min Nam. And this lady is…..Min Nam's sister?" her interest peaked.

She quickly googled Min Nam's picture on her Samsung Galaxy.

"Ha, bingo! Look," showing Ji Sun Min Nam's photo.

"Ooo…. They look alike. Twins?"

"Maybe, definitely related, brother and sister…"

"Hmmm…" Ji Sun turned back to her couple, not really interested in Min Nam. "But aren't they just so cute?"

"Yes, they are, aren't they?" Min Young smiled at the real life picture the couple made.

As the two of them observed the strikingly beautiful couple, they saw that Tae-kyung had periodically been teasing Min Nyu or fussing over her.

The handsome idol could be seen using any excuse he could get, to touch his pretty companion – a tap on her shoulder to get her attention, a nudge at her elbow to rebuke her retort or a brush on her cheek to flick away an imaginary fluff.

On her part, Min Nyu shyly basked in the attention but never backing down on any taunts given by her partner.

The couple chatted away, sometimes animatedly and at times in quiet whispers, but with their heads always inclined towards each other.

"Hu Hu… they are waaay too cute," Ji Sun pouted adorably, in mock envy.

"Ooo…I so have to take a picture with him afterwards," Min Young clapped her hands gleefully. "A hoodless, smiling Tae-kyung…whee…"

Although a picture taken with both the idol and his companion would be more valuable and meaningful, she knew full well that idols would never grant any picture taking of their girl or boy friend - unless they have made the knowledge public.

Non-the-less, having privy to such intimate exchanges between the two, especially when the idol concerned was the ever elusive and extremely private Hwang Tae-kyung, was an experience in itself.

"I thought you said it was your sister who was the fan?" Ji Sun turned to Min Young.

"Ehemm," the more petite attendant cleared . "It is. The photo will be for her…" she tried to cover herself and her reddened cheeks. "Kaja, let's go get tea ready…"

~ To be continued ~