Chapter 3

Between You and I

(A/N: Good morning my lovely readers.. After some thinking, I've decided to make this author P.O.V insead on first person... Hope you like this better :) )

 


    Your jaw dropped and your eyes widened at the shock

    You were so lost in thought. The last person you expected to do this is Kim Kibum. You wouldn’t be surprised if another boy at your school would do this since they were and still are big erts.

    And to actually think he was a good student. Did he bribe the teacher to lie to us and to say that he was top student? I don’t think a top student would actually do this. I really should resist the urge to punch him since there will be consequences. And I don’t want to be expelled because of him. And disappointing umma would be last thing I could imagine.

    You were still tightly clutching the back of his head. Your mouth was so wide open that if a bee flies in you won’t be surprised.

    You woke up from your trauma when he said,” How long are you going to hold my head up?” How could he be so calm when you were raging and fuming in anger?

    He was looking into your eyes as if he could see your soul. You could not contain the anger anymore.

      With clenched teeth you raised your right hand and paused to look at his face that was still so calm. His calmness after what happened made you slap him right across his face so hard.

      A thud was heard when his head hit the book shelf to his right. He winced and rubbed the back of his head.

     “Ah. What manly strength you have there, but was it necessary for you to hit that hard.” How could he still be so calm? But I should contain myself for hitting him a second time.

    “Have some shame, newbie. I’m not going to waste my precious time on you, so you better not repeat it.” You emphasized on the last part and got up.

   You brushed the dust of your skirt, picked your books from the table you were studying on, and headed towards the exit door but before you left you gave the librarian a small bow.

     Kibum watched your disappearing figure with a sparkle of interest in his eyes.

    You went out as fast as you could and headed towards your locker so he could be pretty far away.

    You put your books in your locker and slammed it hard. You leaned on the hard and cold locker and sighed.

    The bell rang signalling the end of break. Oh boy, sitting beside a freak is so~~ fun…

    You ran to class not wanting to be late and entered. To your relief your annoying teacher was not there yet.

    You looked up as you entered and saw Sohee waving at you enthusiastically which made you soothe and you smiled to her as you headed towards your table.

    You passed Sohee and sat at in your seat which was behind hers’. You looked to your left to see no one. Good thing ‘he’ isn’t here. You turned back to Sohee and began chatting like usual.

    As both of you were having fun and talking, the teacher entered class and trailing behind him was Kibum.

    Did he tell him that I hit him? Isn’t that why he is with the teacher? I swear, if he did…

   You sat up strait waiting to hear the teacher call your name and scold you. But to your surprise, he just turned to Kibum and smiled at him which left you in awe.

    “Thank you, Kibum-ah, for helping me with my things. I am getting older so students like you are so helpful these days.”

    He didn’t answer and just bowed before heading towards the seat next to you.

    You looked towards him and rolled your eyes, waiting for the right time to punch him, again.

    The teacher wrote the date on the board and turned to you.” Hyori-ah, did you help the new student with anything yet?”

    You didn’t know what to say. As you opened your mouth to say something, the words got glued down your throat making you look like a mute person.

    Before you could say anything, someone was faster than you and replied.

    “Yes, Hyori-ah has been helping me in the break, and thanks to her I’ve been able to catch up.” What a great liar he was. “Is that true Hyori-ah?” the teacher asked you.

    You tilted your head towards Kibum. Does he have a motive, or is he doing it just for fun and humiliate me? But I won’t let this slip by.

    “Yes, I’ve helped him and made him understand the basic stuff about our school, he has been doing well.” As much as you hated lying you were amazingly great at it too.

   “Well, isn’t that a fantastic thing to hear. But don’t forget to show him around after school. OK?”

  You got more pissed when you remembered that you had to waste your precious football practise time just to show that jerk around.

   Class passed by slowly as you paid close attention to the explanation of the lessons. It’s finally the last period and all you could do is sit and hope that he forgets that you have to show him around.

   Since the last period is a free lesson you decided to go wear your football shorts in case he remembers you have to show him around and you don’t have any time left to change because practise starts.

   You took permission to leave class and headed towards the girls’ bathroom where you immediately wore your shorts under your skirt and tried to make it not so obvious that you were wearing something underneath.

    You headed back to class and took your seat.

    Finally, the last bell rang. You grabbed your stuff and speed walked towards the door. So close to the door handle… You felt someone grab your wrist and turned to see who it was.

    “Hyori-ah, I thought you were going to show him around” the teacher said as he pointed at Kibum who was still sitting in his seat.

    You stiffened and turned your heals in his direction. I am Hyori, what can I be possibly afraid of?

    You walked towards his table and stood in front of him, you fake smiled knowing that the teacher was still watching you.

    “Kibum-ah, are you busy now? Let me show you around the school first before you go home.” You said in the girliest voice that even made YOU cringe.

     He looked up to you and smirked for a nanosecond. But you were still able to see it.