Chapter 2

Between You and I

 

 

           “Kibum, would you like to introduce yourself?” the teacher asked waiting for him to say something.

           “Anyong haseyo, my name is Kim Kibum.” He said and bowed still maintaining that poker face of his. Everyone, as usual, expected a ‘better’ introduction. But that guy was too uptight, and ....mysterious.

         “Well..” the teacher smiled awkwardly at his short introduction of himself,” who would like to show him around the school campus after school?”

         Girls’ squeals and chattering was heard as well as jealous comments from the boys.

        All hands were straight up, including Sohee’s. It was almost like she was the one that wanted that job the most.

       The boys’ hands remained down, and so was mine.

       The teacher looked around the room. In my head, i was so hoping that he wouldn't pick me. It would be bothersome to show the new kid around the school since it’s burdensome to be late to afterschool practice.

         The teacher stopped looking around and pointed straight at me. That’s what I feared, to be late to the first practise this year.

       "Miss Hyori, since you’re my only trust worthy student, do you mind showing him around."

        I fake smiled and nodded "I would be glad to," I had to protect my reputation at school no matter what. Although I really felt like throwing a chair at both of their faces, my grades and reputation is what i would care for more.

          The sounds of the disappointed girls were heard. They all turned to look at me with envy in their eyes.' You can have him. Yes, please take him away!' is what I wanted to say. But the words simply couldn't come out.

Sohee turned to me with a malicious smirk on her face." Have all the fun you want with him, you are one heck of a lucky girl." She winked at me.

" Its not like i want to do this." I mumbled under my breath but she still heard me.

She stuck her tongue out at me and turned back.

The teacher slammed his hands on the board again, this time louder. All attention was on him again.

"And as for your seat, Kibum-ah," I looked to my left at the empty table. Oh no...why is this the only empty seat.

The teacher pointed towards you again but this time not directly at you but instead, beside you.

" Please sit next to Miss Hyori over there. If you don't understand anything or need help just ask her she is our best student." the teacher smiled but the new boy just headed towards I and put his books on the table and didn’t answer the teacher.

Death glares were sent to me again but this time harder. I paid no attention to them and instead paid attention when the teacher started to explain.

The first three periods were too long and felt like forever until the bell rang indicating break time. Which I would spend eating with Sohee and Jonghyun and then in the library.

Sohee and I, with books in our hands, headed towards our lockers and put our books in.

" I am soooo hungry~~" Sohee wined.

" Then hurry up, Jonghyun is waiting for us in the cafeteria."

We entered the crowded cafeteria trying to spot our friend.

It was difficult since he is pretty short (a/n: sorry jonghyun, but face it..mwahaha) .

I didn't want to lose Sohee since she was fragile and decided to hold onto her wrist.

After a while we saw a familiar hand waving. It's probably Jonghyun standing on a table.

We headed towards it and sat down with Jonghyun. "Uh~ It was difficult finding you. You really should get taller." I said chuckling.

His face turned red and he pouted, it looked like he was about to burst. He opened his mouth to say something. Sohee just in time rubbed his hand and said, "It fine, she is just joking. Don't take it seriously. And plus you are perfect the way you are."

She smiled at him making him turn more and more red. Was I the only that realized that? She might not have seen it.

He scratched the back of his head and smiled awkwardly." A-Am I? Hehe t-t-thanks, I guess." I found that really funny and I chuckled secretly making sure they didn't hear me. It was a waste to disturb them. They looked so....happy. Something I don't feel often. I love them both so much, just watching them made me happy.

I ate my food hurriedly in order to have time to study. I waved to them and exited the cafeteria barely running to the library.

I stopped at the door and adjusted my collar and skirt. I entered and bowed to the librarian who smiled in return. The library was never full, it was and still the peace I am the most peaceful in.

I passed by three bookshelves and sat the furthest back at a small table that would only fit one person. I put my stuff on the table and went to the middle shelf to get the novel I read yesterday to continue reading it.

As I made the turn for the middle shelf, there was a figure on the floor. I walked nearer to realise it was someone sitting on the floor, more like sleeping, and leaning on the shelf right underneath where the book i was reading.

I sat on my knees beside him and started to nudge him, trying to wake him up.

"Hey! Wake up the library is not for sleeping. Go to your house and sleep! YAH!"

He wouldn't wake up. And I couldn't recognize his face because of his long bangs, long smooth and shiny bangs, they looked familiar. But I didn't waste my time thinking about it.

I gave up trying to waking him up and moved the lifeless body out of the way a bit so I would at least be able to reach my book.

The book was sitting at the top shelf and was pretty far and I wasn't much of a tall person either. I was stretching all the way i can to reach it.  Only a little bit, only a little..

"Granny, polka dots, underwear is so out of fashion these days if you knew."

'Huh where is that voice coming from? Isn't that..?' I looked down to see the body lying on the floor and looking right under my skirt.

"WHAT-DID-YOU-SAY?" I gave him one of my scariest glares. I put my leg up and then gave him the hardest kick I could on the face. It was pretty useful to have a blackbelt sometimes, so my hard work wasn't for nothing.

"DARE AND SAY THAT AGAIN, YOU PUNK!" I reached down to grab the top of his hair to take a look at his face.

Omo!

Kim Kibum!?


I am back! Hello again~ *waves and bows* SO~~ do you like it? hope you do ^^

i will continue to post better chappies so please continue reading, my lovely readers

Kamsamnida

~~~BUING BUING~~~