Chapter 1

Between You and I

 

Hyori pov

                   *rrrrrrrrring* Agh! That damn alarm clock again! Its always there to annoy me in the early morning!

                  I rolled to my other side and put my pillow on top of my head hoping the noise would just fade away. 

                  I hate waking up in the morning since  I never get a goodnight sleep. It always school, science club, soccer, and the studying.

                  “Fine! Fine! I woke up! Are you happy now Mr. Alarm Clock?” I moaned, got out of my bed and entered the bathroom.


                  I guess it is just another school year. I can’t believe it has been two years since Hoya oppa died. He was my only family member that understood me well.

                 As I grew up around Hoya oppa, who was our school’s football ace, I developed a sincere love for football. Oppa would practise would me from time to time. He would praise me and cheer me on. Those were the times I could never forget. And since then I have always looked up to him and decided to follow his footsteps and become an ace like him and to never let him down even though he is gone now.

                  No one in school had know about his death, including his football teammates and his friends. Hoya oppa never wanted to tell them. So I had to tell them that he transferred schools. “ Take my place, and be the ace,” were the last words he said to me. Those words were the ones to touch my heart the most. Oppa wanted me to follow my dreams.

               Since his death, no one knew about this so as oppa’s instructions I wore a wig making me look exactly like my brother, well duh since we are twins, and go to my school’s football club in place of oppa. It wasn't that easy to crossdress but everyone just thought i was him. Plan success!

               Since I am also the queenka of the school and top student, I am trusted to be a role model to all students.I work really hard everyday to maintain first place.

              But when the after school bell rings, I do a 180 degree change from Queenka Hyori to Ace Hoya.

 


             

             I dressed up for school and fixed my makeup and hair since and then rushed out the house.

            As I started walking to school I heard a familiar voice call my name.” Hyori!!”

           I turned around to see Sohee and Jonghyun running up to me with their usual cheerful smiles.

          Those two were my childhood friends that never left my side and were always there for me even at oppa’s funeral. Aside from those two no one in the entire school knows about my little secret. I trust those two the most.

             “ Ahh. Its nice to see you guys again!” I let out a relieved sigh as I hugged my two best friends.

            “ Still the football ace, huh?” Jonghyun nudged me smiling jokingly.

           “ Mhm. I guess so. Can’t wait ‘till the football club begins!” I said excitedly and formed a fist with my hands and pumping it.”Hwaiting!”

          “You do know that if someone finds out, your image as the school’s queenka will be ruined and you will be kicked out of the football team.” Sohee said with a worried expression.

          “Don’t worry about that, Hee!” You pinched her cheeks and giggled. " As always, the caring one."

            The  three of us continued our walk to the school’s main building.

           Jonghyun’s class was in the building next to us so we said our goodbyes and he walked towards his class. Sohee and I started towards our class.

          “ Have you heard about the new transfer student?” Sohee asked with a wide grin on her face.

           Although she looks innocent and all, she has a thing for all cute boys. I have never thought a guy was cute, except for my four year old cousin, and neither did I ever fall in love. I just simply never felt that ‘spark’ that everyone complains about feeling. And plus wha

            “No, and I don’t really want to know.” I simply replied. Why would she ask me that question if she knows i wasn’t interested in those kind of stuff.

          “ HHUUUUUUUUUHH?!But why? He is cute! Why don’t you ever think any guy in this universe is cute? So weird.” She pouted.

            I rolled my eyes and ignored her last comment.

 

          I entered class and took the second seat near the wall since that is the best seat to copy the notes and pay attention to what the teacher explains.

         As usual, Sohee took the seat behind me.

         I put my books and stationary into a neat corner and sat down.

         The students began to enter class and started chatting with their friends. That is what I hate the most , noise.

         Interrupting their conversations, the homeroom teacher entered class, put his stuff on the table, and wrote the date on the board as he always did.

          He was also my teacher last year and the year before. I didn’t really enjoy his lessons since he always had his attention on me. I didn’t love attention but I didn’t hate it either, well i did from teachers. He was short and round and had glasses on that was always on the tip of his nose.

           “ Take your seats, students!” He banged his big hand on the board. Ugh, noise!

           “ We have a new transfer student. He came from the neighboring school. Apparently, his parents sent him here since he was always the top student and wanted to get a more strict education. Kim Kibum please come in.” He looked towards the door and gestured to a boy to come in.

          With that a tall boy walked in. Although I hated to admit but what Sohee said might be slightly true. (a/n: aish so stubborn , what do you mean? HE IS SMOKIN HOT) He had shiny black hair with bangs covering his left eye. Even though he was wearing a school uniform that apparently you are supposed to look nerdy in, he didn’t look the least bit nerdy.

        “ See, I told you he was cute.” Sohee said turning to me with a smug smile in her face. I stuck my tongue out at her and put my face in my book, literally.

         It was my first time to someone like that, like him. 


Hello, my lovely little readers!! Sorry for the short chapter but I promise it will get more intresting. Please bare with me.

I LITERALLY have like around 2-4 exams everyday!!

I will try my best!!