Gongchan - Coffee and Sugar

B1A4 ONESHOT COMPILATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Congratulations on your wedding with Shin Woo, Chili!" I said as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey, stop that, no one's called me that ever since College!" She whispered.

"Aw, but it's so cute! Remember how we used to call ourselves Chili, Salt and Sugar?"

"And remember how you used to call him, coffee?" She teased.

I got silent. I gave her the silence of guilt. The one that keeps crawling inside of you until it reaches your heart and plant guilt on it so everytime it pumps out blood throughout your system, the blood of guilt will flow with it as well. So much of a metaphor, I guess.

"Hold on, wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." She felt sympathetic.

"Nah, that's okay Sa Rang, it's in the past, let's just leave it behind us, shall we? Today's your day! Don't frown!" I giggled.

But deep inside, hearing a single thing about him again injected memories into me again.

~

"Hey, have you heard about the new coffee shop downtown?" Chili asked.

"Ah, I overheard some of the girls from our class talking about it. I heard it's really nice over there." Salt agreed.

"Then today's going to be cakes and coffees, girls!" I exclaimed as I put an arm around them both.

We reached downtown minutes after we embark from our school. The shop was captivating, indeed. The exterior was so nice, so atrracting that even if you're new in downtown like myself, you'd clearly distinguish which is new from the old. I live on the other side of the city, I take a train with 8 stations distance from school, so practically, I've never visited downtown. It was as nice as what everyone described it to be. Cute guys kept passing by me, either they're with a group or they're by themselves and I can't help but turn my head around for them. People here dress so nicely and it was a good thing I was on my uniform. The idea probably saved me from telling people I only have clothes that can make me underdressed when I'm here.

Chili, Salt and I didn't hesitate to get in, though it was a bit of a struggle because there were a lot of people outside in-line for take-out orders. The interior's as nice as the exterior. The shop's probably designed to help everyone get into a comfy experience. Maple wood flooring and walls, glass tables, moss green sofa chairs, faint white lights. This has gotta be the most comfortable place I've been in. It's home-y, it's warm, it's beautiful.

"He's cute." Chili giggled as she eyed on one barista behind the counters, working on a cake that's about to be served. He was a tall guy, with broad shoulders and sleek hair. A clear Shin-Woo was printed on his nameplate by his left chest.

"Oh please, Chili." Salt rolled her eyes.

"The other one right there too." Chili pointed at the guy who's probably behind the frappuccinos. He was, I think the smallest among the 5 baristas that currently work in this shop. He has piercings on his right ear, two, three, I'm not sure. His earrings kinda have a unique style to it that you can't even determine if they're a single piece or not. 

"Waffles ready!" I heard a guy scream as he raised his metal saddle up. He had a a glowing smile, and the way his eyes smiled into a beautiful crescent was just too adorable to see. He had some flour and white paste messily scratched in his face, but it doesn't make him less cuter. I think I even saw a duck printed on his toque. 

"That's for table 7, Sandeul!" A red head guy smiled at the waffle dude as he brewed a nice, steaming hot coffee on a beautiful porcelain mug. "One cappuccino for Apple?" He announced as he placed the mug on the claim counter.

"Well, the red head's cute." Salt suddenly spoke.

"Oh please, Salt." Chili mimicked her and chuckled afterwards.

"You go order first, Sugar." Salt said as she slightly pushed me towards the front of the counter. 

"Okay, okay. No need to push." I chuckled.

"Hi." The barista on the counter greeted me as he smiled.

He was beautiful. His genuine smile and his lovely and captivating eyes made my heart drop. I know I've been attracted to a lot of guys, but this is the first time my heart went toki-doki, for real. My eyes wandered around his facial features for a while then I find myself reading his wonderful name printed on his nameplate, "Gongchan".

"Are...you...okay?" He asked as he continued to smile.

Oh crap. He must've thought my face looked like I would pass out any minute now.

"Oh..uh..yeah." I nodded as I put strands of my hair behind my ear. 

"You got me worried there." He chuckled. "So, can I ask what this pretty lady in front of me would like to order?"

"Uh..."

Now that I think about it, we waited in line for some minutes or so, but I've never really given much thought as to what I was going to order for myself. I was too preoccupied with observing the five baristas running this new coffee shop, too busy judging them, too busy admiring them. Is this coffee shop some sort of a Maid Cafe, male version? Or is it called a Butler Cafe? Wherein, they should be screened first for their looks before entering the job.

"I'd just a have a strawberry cheesecake." I nervously said.

"Alright. One strawberry cheesecake it is." He smiled as he punched in my order. "Can I have your name, please?"

"S-Sugar."

"Sweet." He smiled again as he put in my name. "Here you go Sugar, you could wait for your order right over there and just present this receipt. Have a good day!" He then handed me out my receipt as he entertained his next customer.

~

"Kim Jae Ri-ah!" 

My mind awoke the moment I heard my name. I turned my back to see Salt, or should I say, Hwa Young, walking towards me, together with her boyfriend turned fiancee, Jinyoung.

"Ah, Hwa Young!" I greeted her with a hug.

"Long time no see, Jae Ri-ssi." Jinyoung greeted me with a smile.

"I thought you can't come because of your busy schedule?" Hwa Young asked.

"I made some arrangements, do you really think I'd let this event pass?" 

"Awwww. I missed you little Sugar!" And just like before, she squished my face in her two hands, earning me a 'Gwiyeowo' from both of them.

"Have you tried contacting him, yet?" Jinyoung suddenly asked. 

I got silenced again. Why do people keep asking me about him? What? Is this fate's joke upon me? I saw Hwa Young give him a nudge on his arm as she noticed I wasn't responding. 

"What?" Jinyoung complained but eventually noticed why Hwa Young needed to do that and he eventually apologized.

"No, really, it's fine." I said as I waved my hands out front.

"Well, uhm, by the way, would you like to go with me tomorrow? I'm going to pick out my wedding dress!" Hwa Young changed the topic while she can.

"Uhm..I-ah....I don't think I can go, my flight's scheduled early tomorrow."

"YOU'D ALREADY LEAVE TOMORROW?!" The both of them asked in synchronization.

"Well, uh...yeah, I guess so. Besides, I can't leave my shop alone."

"But, we... we... barely had time for each other and... we miss you, big time!" Hwa Young reasoned out.

"I'm sure there'd be plenty of time for that when we have the chance again, but really, I'd try to get back here again as soon as possible."

~

"You barely touched your coffee, is it okay letting it cool like that?" He came to sit by me in the far end corner of the shop.

"Is it okay for you to be here?" I asked as I held the cup of coffee in my two hands and sip a few right after.

"I'm sure Jinyoung can spare me a couple o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter