Chapter 4

Manage Me

 

 

-Present time at YG Entertainment office-

 

Bom’s POV

To start up our week, my division always had meeting on Monday. Today was no different. As usual, the meeting will be started with me asking about our trainees and artists’ activities and my staff will report to me about the problems they encountered or might encounter in the future regarding the activities. Then we will discuss how to solve those problems.

All of my staffs were already reporting, but the last person who hadn’t report yet was Seungri. So, before I ended the meeting, I asked him, “Any progress with Kwon Ji Yong-ssi, Seungri-ah?”

“Ehmm, actually…” he hesitated.

“Yeah?” I mindlessly flipping pages of the document before me and then looked at him.

“It’s not going anywhere, noona. I’ve been calling him since you assigned me with this project last week, but there’s not even a single reply from him.” He fidgeted in his seat.

“Did you find his address? Did you go there?” I closed the document and tossed it on to the table.

“Yes...yes...two days ago, but it seems like no one lives there.” He frustratingly said.

“Are you sure it’s the right address?” I asked him again with I-don’t-believe-you tone.

“Of course it’s the right address, noona.” He sighed.

Geez...I never thought it was going to be this difficult to contact him.

“Thank you for your hard work, Seungri. Keep trying to contact him or find his contact person and arrange a meeting with him. I want to talk to Kwon Ji Yong-ssi personally.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji Yong’s POV

Riiinnngggggg.....Riinnnggggg.....

“Ji’s speaking...”I answered lazily, already knowing who the caller was.

“Hey Ji, just checking...” said the voice over the phone.

“You just met me yesterday, noona. And you already called me this morning. You’re not checking me, you’re bugging me!” I chuckled.

“Oh shut up...What are you doing right now lil’ bro?” there she goes, my want-to-know-it-all sister.

“Right now? I’m on my way to JK Club. I’m going to see Daesung there.” I put her on speakerphone so I didn’t have to hold my phone while driving.

“You’re going to hire him?” tsk, tsk...sister of mine, always jump in conclusion.

“I already told you I don’t need anyone to arrange my schedule...” I sighed.

“So, why are you going to meet Daesungie? Don’t tell me you’re giving up? Oh noo...You’re really going to do like what Appa said the other night? Taking over his business??” I heard her gasping.

I furrowed my brows, “not in million years...Now I can’t meet my dongsaeng, noona? I just want to meet him.”

“But...but...your music career...how are you going to survive?” I heard worries from her voice.

“I’ll be fine noona...trust me.” I tried to sound convincing, so she’ll believe it and stop worrying about me.

“You’ve already got a new project?” she asked in her curious tone.

“I haven’t got any.”  To be honest, it hurt my ego that I’ve got tons of offers to join in entertainment companies but no one offers for new projects to do. It puzzled me that they want me in their companies, but they have no concrete ideas or plans for me.

“See? You should have meetings with those entertainment companies like Umma said. Let the company arrange your schedule for you.”

“No.”  The only schedule that they have been planning for me is to starring on many CFs. I am not an actor; I want music-related projects!

“This kid...tch...So stubborn...” I could imagine my sister now was shaking her head disapprovingly.

“I’ll hang up...” I were already near JK Club, looking for a hidden parking spot so people won’t recognize me.

“Yaa...I’m not finished yet!” her scream pierced my ear.

 “Ouch..Bye, noona...”  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-At JK Club-

Ji Yong’s POV

When I got inside, I saw many people busy carrying things back and forth the club. Then there I saw a young man at the centre of the room, telling people what to do. I guess something about changing the ambiance?  

I walked closer to the man and patted his back, “Yo, Dae...”

“Ah, hyung... ” he turned around to see me. His angelic smile greeted me.

“How are you doing, Dae?” I asked him when he escorted me to the bar area near us.

“I’m good, trying to keep busy. What would you like to drink, hyung?”

“Water would be fine. So, I heard from Dami-noona that you want to renovate this place? You’ve already started?” I asked him as I looked around.

“Yup, I want to change it into a Jazz Bar. What do you think?” He put a glass of water in front of me.

“A Jazz Bar? Sound’s good. Are you going to change the name as well?” I drank my water and put the glass back on the table.

“I’ll keep the name. It’s my Appa’s name after all.” He looked around the place and smiled.

I took out a piece of paper and a pen from my blazer. “How much do you need to renovate this place?” I asked him and ready to write on the cheque.

“No...No...Hyung, you don’t have to do this.” He tried to block me from writing the cheque.

“It’s okay, Dae. I want to. I insist.” I set aside his hands.

He grabbed my right wrist and said, “My saving is more than enough, hyung. You paid Appa very well, and JK Club’s revenue this year is good. You don’t have to worry about it.”  

“But, Dami-noona said that you were postponing your study because you want to find a job so you can save more money to renovate this place.” I felt a bit confused.

“Aah...that. I lied to noona. If she knew that the real reason that I postponing my study was out of boredom, she would hit me hard. Think about the looonngg preach I’ll get.” He shuddered.

“Haha, for sure.” I nodded while playing with my glass.

“You won’t tell noona, right hyung?” he scratched his head.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. But you have to promise me that you will get back soon to finish your study, okay?”  

“Okay, hyung!” he saluted me and then poured another glass for me.

“Ehhmm...Daesung-ah...” I hesitated a bit.

“Yes, hyung?” he put his hands at the edge of the table.

“Actually, I have one tiny favour. Think you can help me?” I wasn’t sure about it, but worth to ask right?

“Yes, of course. What do you need?” he looked at me intently.

“I’ve got a lot of phone calls and messages left from entertainment companies to the extent that they really annoyed me.”

“Why? Isn’t it good thing that you are in such a high demand?” I noticed his confused look.

I nodded, “You can say that, but I want you to help me to make them stop calling me.”

“Err...how do I do that?”

“Just do whatever you think necessary...” I grinned and asked for another glass of water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A few days later-

Ji Yong’s POV

Riiinnngggggg.....Riinnnggggg.....

“Daesung-imnidaaa…I’m here to report to Master Ji!” I chuckled when I heard his loud voice over the phone.

“Yaa! You’re so loud! I know who you are. So, what’s up, Dae?” I walked around my kitchen, looking for something to eat.

“Hyung, I’ve taken care those entertainment companies. I never thought it would be such an easy task. Now, you can relax a little bit.” He said cheerily.

“Good. Eh? A little bit? What do you mean?” I stopped in front of my fridge.

“Err…There are two entertainment companies left. They keep insisting to have a meeting with you. And they keep sending me things…well, for you.” he hesitated.

“Which companies? What things?” I asked impatiently while searching for milk inside my fridge.

“SM keep sending me ‘gratitude’ things like flowers, a very expensive health supplements, and I think they will send you a car! And there’s YG, this company is lame. They send me err, you a whole lot of presentation slides.” He explained unenthusiastically.

“Return them all, Dae. Just say that I’m not interested.” I found my milk and closed the fridge. Then I open my cereal box and pour what’s left in the box into my bowl.

“Hyung, are you sure you’re really not interested in joining one of those entertainment companies?” he asked carefully.

“I am 100% sure, Dae.” I opened my drawer looking for a spoon.

“But hyung…” his voice trailed off.  

“Just do what I said, okay? And thanks for your hard work, Dae. I really appreciated it. Call me if you done dealing with them. Now, I want to enjoy my late breakfast. See ya.”   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-a couple of days after, at a French Restaurant-

Bom’s POV

Riiinnggg…Riiinggg…

“Sorry, oppa. I got to take this.” I told the man before me and walked away from our table. After I found a quiet spot, I answered my phone, “Yes, Seung Ri?”

“Noona, I’m really sorry for calling you at this time. But I have good news for you. It’s about Kwon Ji Yong-ssi.”

“It’s okay, ri. So, what’s the good news?”

“Kwon Ji Yong-ssi’s contact person just called me. He said he agree to have meeting with you.”

“Wow that’s great! When can I meet him?” I asked him ecstatically.

“Err, the problem is that he wants to meet you tonight.”   

“What? Seriously?” I was surprised to hear the sudden arrangement.   

“He said that if it’s not tonight then there won’t be another time.”

Oh wow, I’m dealing with a diva?

Then he added, “I’m really sorry I can’t accompany you, noona, though he is my assignment. Do you want me to call someone from our company?”

“It’s fine, you’re at your hometown right now you couldn’t be here on time anyway. And no need to call anyone, it’s Saturday night. It’s been a long and hectic week for them because of our artists’ comeback.” I walked back and forth in place while thinking.

After a long thought, I finally said “Okay, I’ll meet him tonight. Tell me the address.” I walked back to our table, thinking what to say to Eric-oppa about my sudden leave.

*****

 

A/N: Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone had a good time. Again, I'm sorry for the lateness. But here's chapter 4,  I hope you'll like it. so, what do you think of this chapter?? kindly drop your comments okay?  

I also want to say thank you to the new subs luvGBOMhrtofdorknessthesweetestsummerimma_addicted (here's my update, thanks for the comments!)  

Enjoy!

cheers,

^____^