Chapter 5

Manage Me

 

-Saturday night at JK Jazz Bar-

 

Ji Yong’s POV

The sound of soothing melodies from the piano filled the room along with the mild noises from the crowd. I could say that Daesung did a great job turning JK Club into a Jazz Bar. Brick walls with the dim lights helped to create a warm and cozy ambiance. Vinyl records and framed pictures of jazz artists randomly positioned on the walls along with other decorations. The first thing that I noticed when I got in was the location of the bar and the stage. It surprised me that Daesung separated them. Maybe he wanted his customers to enjoy the performances without being distracted with the hustle bustle that usually happened around the bar. So the bar was located near the entrance, people could order their drinks and socialized first before stepped down to the stage area. The bar and the stage separated by the wooden stairs that only had few steps on it. In stage area there were several small tables with stools placed mainly at the centre and also near the stage while booths were at around the corners. Right now the place was already packed with people. Jazz talents that were playing tonight were cool too.

Damn, I missed music so much.     

I was enjoying the music quietly in my secluded booth where no one noticed me. One thing that I didn’t like from this place was that though it’s quite dim, the light was brighter compare to when it’s still a club. People would still notice me easily in this kind of light. But thanks to Daesung, I’ve got my own seat! Besides, my hoodie, back-to-black- hair, shades, and my scruffy look (haven’t shaved for five days due to my laziness) will protect me, right?

Where is he? Tch… when I’ve already spare my precious time to come.

I looked at my watch impatiently. Felt a bit bored, I decided to move on to the bar. And there I found the Kwon Twins, Young Don and Yong Deuk, were busy serving drinks for the guests while also flirting with the girls that hovered around the bar. A smile crept upon my face; I used to be like them. I lowered my hoodie to cover my face and then sat at the less crowded bar area.

“What can I get for you?” Young Deuk asked me. I lowered my shades so he could recognize me and then put it back again. 

“Aaah..hyung…” he nodded and looked around cautiously.

“Just be normal, Deukkie. You’ll make us looked suspicious by doing that.” I whispered but loud enough for him to hear me. He gave me another nod.

“So…the usual hyung?” he asked again while preparing a glass.

“Yeaah… but make it Anna Kournikova’s variation and put the vodka on separate glass.” I grinned.

“Or...In short, you just want a whole lot of skim milk and a just little bit of Kahlua, hyung? The vodka is just a pretext.” he laughed.  

Busted.

“Ssshh…Just make it!” I secretly thanked my hoodie and shades for being there to cover my now embarrassed face.

As I waited for Yong Deuk making my drink, I mindlessly looked around the place and observed the crowd. Suddenly the crowd started to murmur something. There I saw a man walked up to the stage and then sat at the piano seat.

“Hello everyone, I’m Young Bae.” He introduced his name while playing some notes on the piano. The crowd cheered loudly especially the girls.

Finally, dude…

I came here tonight to support my best friend since elementary school. He moved to Japan when we were in high school. He just came back here a year ago. As per Daesung’s request, Young Bae was going to play tonight.  

“So, I’m going to sing one of my favourite songs, I hope you will enjoy it.” He was doing his smile-eye, and all the girls were like “oohh” “aahh”. Then he started to sing.

Clearly this is new for me

I get excited when you're here, my dear

Make no mistake you are all I see, sugar

My vision's never been so clear

 

Without turning my seat, I said to Yong Deuk, “Yo, Deukkie…my buddy is good, right?” I wasn’t asking, just stating the obvious. I couldn’t help to brag. I swayed my head to the right and left.

 

We both know that I've been running so long

This time love won't let me leave

Please be patient, hesitation aside

We're almost where we need to be

But in the meantime let me say what's on my mind...

 

“Dude, what took you so long to make the drink?” I turned my seat around and there I saw a beautiful lady beside me, talking to Yong Deuk.

 

Baby, I, I think we've got something special

Girl, you and me together we'll take over the world

 

I swore at that moment my heart skipped a beat. I checked her out from head to toe.

Wow, she’s really pretty. That legs…hmm, I wonder how it felt when I…

My mind already wandered on its own. With the grin plastered on my face, I shook the thought out of my head and looked back to stage area “trying to” focus on Young Bae’s performance. 

But the effort was such a waste since I couldn’t help to steal one or two glances at her. She was talking on her phone now. I’ve got some dejavu feeling about her.

Have I met her before?

But then she caught me staring. Our eyes met. What a warm eyes, my first thought. My second thought was, crap...she must think I was a creep staring at her like that.  To my surprise, she gave me a polite smile. The prettiest smile I’ve ever seen. I think I already lost my mind.

She couldn’t possibly recognize me, right?

“HYUNG!” I almost jumped from my seat because of Yong Deuk’s yelling.

“Yaa! No need to shout, Deukkie. My ears are perfectly fine.” I looked at Yong Deuk and then stole another glance to her. She’s still talking on her phone.

“I’ve been calling you many times, hyung.” I just shrugged nonchalantly hearing his explanation.  

“All right, I’ll put your pretext drink here, hyung. I’m going to see Daesung-hyung.” I heard Yong Deuk put the glass on the table near the beautiful lady. I slide myself besides her to grab my drink. But then she surprised me again when she turned her body around facing the table, took my drink, and then turned around again facing the crowd. Before I could stop her, she drank my pretext drink on one shot. And after that, it was history.

 

Bom’s POV

Burnt. My throat felt burnt. So I couldn’t help to spew the nasty drink whatever it is I drank (it’s definitely not what I ordered). That was when I realized that I spewed on a girl's face in front of me.

Great, Bom. You just got in here for 10 minutes and already making a scene. Just great.

I apologized to the poor girl but she gave me a nasty look before she headed to somewhere only she knew. Probably the toilet, given the mess I made to her. People were staring and what made it worse was that the man beside me laughing so hard. To be honest, if I didn’t involve in this situation I would think it’s funny too. But…

How dare he?

I turned to see the owner of that annoying laugh. Ah…I saw him earlier. He was the man who kept looking at me before.

Tsk, who is in their right mind wearing shades in indoor? And that hoodie?

He was still laughing and I felt more embarrassed by the situation. I gave him a distressing look; hopefully he would understand to stop laughing. He didn’t.

I checked on my dress to see if I somehow spilled the drink on it. Thank God my dress isn’t ruined; I’ve got meeting to attend to. The man finally stop laughing and said, “Oh, where’s my manners?”

He gave me tissues and said, “Here, you might need it to wipe your mouth and the rest.”

Without looking at him, I took the tissues, “Thanks”.

When I looked at him, he grinned and said “By the way, it’s my drink that you spewed on that girl’s face.”

Uh Oh. My second embarrassment for today. Is there more?

“I…I’m really sorry about the drink. Do you want another drink? I’ll pay for it.” I tried to act cool to hide my embarrassment.

“It’s alright. I’m quite satisfied with my drink.” He pointed the drink in front of him.

Was that a glass of milk?

“How about I’m buying you a drink? Obviously you didn’t have your drink because of the situation earlier…” he gave me a boyish but charming smile. Suddenly he’s not the weird man who’s laughing at me before, but somehow I know behind the shades and his scruffy look, he’s a good man with a sense of humour. That’s a good start.

Focus, Bom! You’re here for your last assignment!

I shook my head slightly, “I’m sorry but I’ll have to take a rain check on the drink. I’ve got another appointment.”

“Another time then? Can I have your number, Miss…?” he asked.

“Well, I’m…” as in cue the bartender that I spoke to earlier interrupt us, “Miss, Mr. Kang is now waiting for you at the meeting room on second floor. Just take the stairs there and turn right. The second door is the meeting room.”  

“Ok, thanks. Where’s the ladies’ room?” the bartender gave me the direction and when I was about to leave, I gave the milk man a light squeeze on his right arm and mouthed 'sorry'. He smiled and I left. I couldn't help to steal a glance of him. When I looked back, I saw him talking to the bartender. I kept walking to the ladies' room with a huge grin on my face.  

After I fixed my make up at the ladies’ room, I went straight to the meeting room. On my way there, I bumped into the milk man again. The charming smile he had earlier disappeared. I continued walking upstairs. He followed me.  

I stop in front of the meeting room’s door. I turned around and he was behind me. “Whoa…hold it. Why are you following me? I have a meeting, you know.” I started to think maybe he’s a creep.

“Well, if you’re going to have a meeting about me, then I suppose I must be present as well, mustn’t I?” he lowered his shades, smiled and went in. 

 

*****

 

A/N: Hello..Hello..Oh how I miss you all. I'm really sorry for the super duper late update of this story. But here it is..I know it's not that magical like fate meeting between our couple. I hope you'll like it. I try to update another chapter today..let's see..

Thank you for all subs and comments..

Shout out to the new subs AiAddictshe_vipshellsTouchMyBomIKheelUjiebomOfficialyuikwonjibom and silent readers out there..thank youuuuu

Kindly drop your comments okay..

cheers,

^_____^