Chapter Four

And Time Stops...

I brewed some coffee as I knew I would not be getting any sleep tonight. I had just come home and showered after firing away at our personal gun range and now while I was waiting for my coffee, I’m staring at the hoodie Kim Policeman JaeJoong wrapped around me a few days ago. And I let him. It smelled faintly of a cologne that was so familiar but I couldn’t out my finger on which.

I took a sip out of my mug and checked the old grandfather clock. Oh right, it’s still broken. I should probably have Taec find someone to fix it. I took my mug topped it up with some more coffee and brought it upstairs to my home office. Time to get some work done since there are some things that need to be brushed up before the show.

I my macbook and started sending confirmation emails to our vendors. It was already 10pm and judging by the mug of coffee I just finished I may be up for another 4 hours. At least I could brush up some ideas for the summer collection.

I had my head down in the office when I hear a loud and annoying, but familiar voice,

“Oh look at her, she probably didn’t sleep because she was thinking about Mr Hotshot Cop romantically putting his sweater on her last night.”

“ you Jaebeom, I can hear you.” I retorted. Jaejoong and Nichkhun waltzed into my office as if I don’t have a door. What bullies. Just because I’m the youngest doesn’t mean I’m not their boss.

“Oh good morning babe, how was last night, did you have nice dreams?”

“I was working okay? Who else was going to do confirms and design edits? You? I didn’t think so.” Jaebeom hated that kind of work. He’d rather just be the energy of the crew and be a model. Model for O.K Fashion but work in other ways for our side business.

“Okay fine, since you were working so hard not thinking about Mr Cop Jaejoong, so was I.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “I got us another deal. We have a delivery to make with RM.”

“RM? Have we dealt with them before?”

“He calls himself the Rap Monster, he’s an underground artist does rapping and on the side. He was referred to us by GDragon, so he’s safe. He runs with a crew called BTS.” Nichkhun explained.

“BTS,” I questioned, “What a weird crew. Like are they trying to be behind the scenes or something?”

“Haahh! Close one babe, but it’s Bangtan Boys or some band name.” Jaebeom doubled over laughing.

“Ugh whatever Jay, round up the team for a meeting, we need a plan.” And right when I say this, my brother prances in with the posse behind him.

“Way ahead of you, sis.” Taecyeon grins leaning on my desk.

“We’re doing this in my office??” I face-palmed. Wooyoung and Junho already made themselves comfortable on my couch and the girls pulled out chairs for themselves. The rest of them stood around poking at anything I have out.

“So what’s the plan?” Min asked.

Jia started to speak, “So the thing is, my sources couldn’t confirm what that police team’s plans are. All they know is that the usual units are not on to us anymore ever since that detective Kim Jaejoong’s team took our case off their hands.”

“So? Just get Taecyeon to take Yoona on a date or something while we deliver the goods. Then their whole team will be prioritized in protecting Yoona from a date.” I suggested. Easy.

“Right, Sis, but you’re forgetting one thing. We exchanged numbers with the dudes. Yoona wasn’t even there. We don’t have Yoona’s number to ask her on a date.” Taecyeon rebutted.

. I just dug a hole for myself.

“You’re going to have to ask Jaejoong to meet you, Lena, and what better way to distract them than to take their captain away from their investigation?” Fei said, “and, you have his sweater, how much easier can it get?”

“Yeah baby, depending how long he lasts in bed, you could be the greatest distraction ever! Not that I think he’d last that long with you looking as gorgeous as you are.” Jaebeom winked while getting smacked in the face with a cushion from the couch. Thank you Wooyoung for smacking him. The others glared at him.

“UGHHHHH, I hate you all!!!!!” I shooed them out of my office.

“Let us know when the date is and we’ve got the rest of the plan from here!” Suzy screams in before leaving me to my empty office.

They’re bullies. I grabbed my purse and left the building. I need fresh air.

I am still exhausted from the lack of sleep, but the fresh air is waking me up a bit. Huh…I’m somehow in that neighborhood as that Kim family’s coffee shop. I guess it wouldn’t kill to get an Americano from here. I do need the caffeine.

“I’ll have an Americano please,” I said politely to the Ajumma “and a plain croissant.”

“Oh! You’re Yoona’s favourite designer! Don’t worry, this one is on the house! It’ll be right up. Please have a seat.” The Ajumma said. I couldn’t believe she recognized me after only meeting me once.

“Oh no, I couldn’t possibly.” I started.

“Don’t be shy, go on take a seat. We’ll bring it to you soon.”

I sighed and thanked her. What a nice family. I kinda feel guilty needing to use them for our own benefit. I stared into space as I thought about him. His gesture with the sweater was so sweet.

“Your Americano, Miss Lena.” That voice…I looked up to meet his brown eyes. Wow. “Fancy seeing you here.” He sat across the table from me.

“I-I…actually our office is around here.” I said. Wow stuttering for Ok Lena? That’s new. “Thank you for your sweater the other night. I hope you didn’t catch a cold lending that to me.”

He smiled. “Not at all, I’m glad you found it of use.”

I looked away. I must be tired. Like really tired to be so flustered like this. Where’s my usual confidence? Something glimmered in the sun shining in from the window. “Oh, this is a nice watch...” I reached out and touched the silver watch on his left hand accidentally grazing his wrist. It sent shivers down my back by I ignored it, “This is an automatic Graydon. They stopped manufacturing this in 1975.”

“Wow, Lena, I’ve got to say I’m impressed. I thought you were a modern fashion designer but you know your antiques too.” Jaejoong complimented.

I gave him a giggle, “No, I just know a nice watch when I see it. How you keep it running is a wonder. Mine stopped working before I even turned 15.” Now that I have my attention focused on his watch I can hear the calm ticking coming from it. “The ticking is calming in this coffee shop setting,” I looked back at him realizing he was staring at my hand. Oh right my fingers are still grazing his watch and wrist. I immediately withdrew,

“Actually, I’ve been meaning to message you.” I looked up at his eyes again. “I need to thank you for keeping me warm last time. Let me take you out to dinner.” And there. I said it. I asked this drop dead gorgeous policeman out to dinner.