Chapter Two

And Time Stops...

 

 

“Kay, is everyone ready? Suzy, Khun, Min, Junsu, Junho, are you guys ready in the cars?” I heard Taecyeon ask beside me.

“Yes, we’re ready in the North.” They replied through the earpiece.

“We’re ready here.” Suzy said nodding from across the street here south of the alleyway.

“I’m ready.” Junho said through the earpiece

“Keep an eye out for the cops, Jay, Chansung, Wooyoung, go to the trading spot. GDragon and some of his men should be already there.” I instructed.

            While waiting, Taecyeon and I pretended to look in nearby gift shop. About five minutes later, we heard them start to talk.           

“Jay, Chansung, and Wooyoung.” A voice from the other end started. GDragon probably recognizes them by now. “Nice to see that you’ve got my stuff.” There were clicking noises. Probably showing the suitcases of money and the stuff.

            “Nice to see that you have our money.” Jay said.

            “Like the usual, suitcase for suitcase.” Chansung said.

            “I always knew you guys were a reliable source. You always have these things ready anytime. Tell J.S thanks.” GDragon said. And of course J.S was Taec. Short for JimSeung which meant Beast in Korean. Of course GDragon doesn’t know our real names, he doesn’t even know who we really are. All he knows is that we just happen to be a reliable supplier. And that’s all he really cares for. But for us its different, we have to search up all the details of our customers before dealing with them. Who knows when it might be a scam. Like how our parents got scammed.

            The trade was almost done which meant we should head in the alleyway. Walking almost a quarter of the way into the alleyway, we heard Suzy say something through the earpiece.

            “Guys! Get out of there! The police are coming from the South!”

            “The cops are here in the North end too!” Junsu said.

            “Guys! Run out from the South end! Don’t use the secret rout. Tell the Dragons to run this way too! Tell them to push anything out of the way!” I talked into the earpiece. After Wooyoung told them we heard them running this way. Taecyeon and I stood in the way on purpose as we heard the cops coming running in from behind us with their flashlights.

            They pushed Taecyeon and I out of their way. Taecyeon had faked a stumble into the wall as I had purposely faked a stumble backwards into a cop’s arms hoping to buy them some time, but for that short second, it felt as if time slowed as I hear the slow comforting ticks from the watch on his wrist sitting protectively on my shoulder as he caught me.

            As if addicted to the sound of his watch, I couldn’t move. I just stood there with my back pressed against his chest listening. It looked like time stopped because neither did he move.

            I only snapped back to reality when I heard Taecyeon groan in pain. I detatched myself from the cop and looked at Taec. He was rubbing his shoulders.

            “Are you okay, oppa?” I asked.

            “We’re safe with Suzy and Khun.” We heard Chansung say in the earpiece with heavy breathing.

            “Yea…but whoever that was pushed me into the wall.” Taecyeon answered with a pouted. How childish.

            “Are you guys okay?” The cop who caught me asked from behind.

            “Yes we are, sir, but do you know who those people are? They pushed my sister sister and me! If we get injured, we won’t be able to do the show next month!” Taecyeon exclaimed.

            “Those were some drug dealers we have been trying to catch in a long time. They’ve been clever and never really left any traces for us to find them. We thought we could catch them this time, but it looks like they got away again.” The cop said.

            “Hey Hyung, we’re going to go check out the rest of the alleyway to see if they left any clues.” One of the other police said. Now that I actually see the rest of their team, I realized that if Suzy didn’t say that they were cops, I wouldn’t have thought they would be. They looked like any normal group of six friends who just happen to walk around the area.

            The cop who had caught me looked like the leader of their department.

            “Ohmigosh!” A girl on their team squealed. “Aren’t you guys Taecyeon and Lena from O.K. Fashion? Can I have your autograph?!? I love your dress designs, Lena! Taecyeon-sshi your photoshoot for the winter sports collection was so cool!” She handed me the notepad she was supposed to take witness interrogation notes on and a pen.

            “Aha…sure. What’s your name?” I asked.

            “Kim Yoona. Write it to Kim Yoona and Kim Jaejoong.” The girl answered. “I think my brother would become a fan of you when I brainwash him with your label clothes soon.”

            “Yo. The Cop is checking Lena out. Watch out for your sister, if she dates a cop, we’re all at stake.” I heard Wooyoung say over the earpiece in a joking voice with a tint of seriousness.

            I looked up from the notepad to find the girl pointing at the cop from earlier on. Now that we have walked towards the North end of the alleyway I can see his faces more clearly. He’s kinda cute…good looking…and hot…if I recall his strong arms when he caught me. Mr. Pretty Cop is a perfect candidate for my standards for a boyfriend. Too bad he’s a police. I smiled at him and he just stares back. A typical reaction from guys.

            I finish my signing the notepad and hand it to Taec.

            “Hyung! Lena! There you are! You take so long just to park your car. Everyone is waiting.” Wooyoung says walking towards us. “Oh hey…who are they?”

            “They’re trying to catch some drug dealers or something. They druggies pushed me into a wall!” Taecyeon pouted again probably knowing that it was Wooyoug who pushed him. Yoona laughed at his obvious acting.

           “Before you leave, I’d like to ask why you guys were in this alleyway at this time.” The cop…Jaejoong asked.

            “Oh, Oppa and I were going to meet with some colleagues to celebrate the completion and approval of our designs for the Summer Collection for this year.” I answered him. “And we parked on the other side of this dim alley.”

            “Omigosh! You finished the designs? When’s the show? I have to watch on TV!” Yoona exclaimed.

            Taecyeon chuckled. “That will be revealed on the news soon enough. If you’ll excuse us, we don’t want to make our colleagues wait any longer than they already have.”

            “Thanks for your cooperation.” Jaejoong said in a professional way.

            “Byee~” Yoona waved at us. I waved back with a smile as I turn to walk across the street.


            Once Taec and I sat down, the group started laughing.

            “The Ok siblings got people drooling over them again~” Wooyoung.

            “Didn’t you guys see that guy…what’s his face…Kim Jaejoong …stare at Lena for the longest time? Even the sister saw and asked for an autograph for him.” Min said.

            They had a perfect view of where Yoona asked for the autographs from the glass windows by the VIP table in this French Restaurant.

            “Yoona probably fell for Taec’s childish acts.” I said.

            “And what? Cop boy fell for your hot model body?” Jay asked.

            “Probably. Don’t all guys fall for her like that?” Fei asks.

            Jay shrugs. “True say. That’s why I crushed a few years ago.” Everyone just stares at him. Well, you see...Everyone here treats me as a younger sister. They're all very protective of me so when they hear things like this they would search up the guy's background. Its happend before, but this was Jay they were talking to, he's like a friend...who sounds erted. But they'd probably just let it go, since we know everything about him already and he's a close friend he won't try anything 'cause he'd probably get beat up by me again.

           “But like, that Kim Jaejoong guy is hot. Are you sure you don’t feel something for him too, Lena?” Jia questioned.

            “Hmm…maybe I do.” I shrugged taking a sip from my wine while the rest of the group just stares in disbelief. First time I’ve said that about a guy they made fun of me with isn’t it? Who knows. Maybe we’ll see each other again. After all, it looks like he’s in charge of our case.

 


 

 

Comment, Subscribe, and lets be friends :D