Beauty

When The Flames Disperse

“Such a waste of exquisite beauty. Since I have enough power now to possess another body, is it okay…if I take yours?” The young mistress whispered into the servant’s ear with noticeable intention of doing so. The servant whimpered in dreaded fear as her eyes shifted from side to side in panic.

________________________

Baekhyun defeated one of the cronises with ease by the strikes of the sacred Tsubasa sword, as Hara slid her sharp dagger blade across one’s throat, eventually having blood spray everywhere. While Saemi attacked the others with its demonic, large fangs and powerful talons. There was blood shed everywhere as the three managed to assassinate the Cronises.

________________________

The figure behind the dim, murky cells smiled a small smile.

“They’ve come for me…”

________________________

Baekhyun, Hara and Saemi stood in the centre of the blood covered floor. Saemi burst into flames, now returned to its small size with a small yawn. Hara shuddered as she wiped the vibrant, glistening blood off her dagger with a ragged brown cloth. Once she was done, she turned hastily around, facing Baekhyun.

“Hurry, we have to free my sister.” Baekhyun nodded and followed Hara into the castle, with Saemi, trailing behind.

They wandered into the halls of the castle in shock. The castle halls had become a dark dump, with ripped paintings that were situated on each side of the walls. Hara observed each painting individually, realizing that only their faces had been torn off. *Whoever did this must have really disliked these people.*

As they passed some more halls, they finally found an enormous metal entrance that had a tarnished, faded sign that displayed the word ‘Dungeons’, with two fire torches placed on either side. With great reluctance, Hara reached out and curled her fingers over the rusty, metal handle in a tight grip. With a small gulp, she pushed the door and it flung open rapidly, with a loud thud. She yelped in sudden fright, but gradually appeased in her actions, although opposite with her accelerating heart. With a few breaths, the three of them proceeded on.

As the three entered the dungeons, they immediately covered their noses to avoid such an appalling stench. Rats and cockroaches infested the dark and filthy place, while water from the pipes above leaked, dripping onto the cold surface of the dungeon, destroying the utter silence with clear noises of ‘drip, drop, drip ‘.

Abruptly, out of the silence, a raspy voice could be heard.

“H-Hara? I-is that you?” Hara froze on the spot. She couldn’t move an inch as someone had called her name.

Without a thought, she rushed towards each cell, to see if anyone was there. All she saw was some skeleton in different positioned chambers.

She froze as her eye had caught something, hidden behind a cell. She gradually turned around and scanned her eyes around the chamber, where she saw a pale, thin leg. Hara walked closer towards it, taking a better look. She saw the figure stand up, as it breathed uncontrollably. Hara stopped in front of the metal bars and bravely faced towards the inside. Gradually, as she waited, a ghostly face appeared. She gasped with her hand put against to prevent any sounds from coming out.

She looked closer and realized it was a middle-aged woman. Her face was pale and her high cheekbones stood out of her thin, bony face. To be honest, she was very slim, but somehow looked familiar. Her hair was honey-brown and her lips were cracked and dry.

“Hara…” The woman reached out and cupped Hara’s cheek with her right palm, with glistening, teary eyes. Hara shuddered as Sora’s freezing hand made contact with her skin.

“My sister…”

“Sora…” Everything came back to her. Flashbacks of when Sora fed her, played with her, and when she was imprisoned in the castle for all these years. A few tears slid down her cheek.

“How long has it been? 12 years?” Sora nodded slowly, but retrieved her hand, coughing in great agony. In response and uneasiness, Hara tried opening the door, only to find it locked. She gazed at her long-lost sister with sorrowful, sad eyes in pity and concern.  Gradually, Sora stood up and apologised.

“Don’t worry…by the way…how old are you?” Hara slightly tilted her head.

“I’m actually thirty. I used my power ability to make my body age slower. I also have a crystal ball to see the future, which was given to me as a gift from our parents. Mother and father had you at a very old age, and it was a very high chance that they couldn’t have you…but here you are.” She gave Hara a small smile, but behind that smile of hers, sadness was concealed tightly. Abruptly, the bond was interfered with and Baekhyun stood beside you.