two

겨울아이 - I met you on a snowy day.

Yeejin's POV

 

It was 9 pm when we arrived in Incheon but we had to wait about 2 hours at the airport, because our father said that he has an important meeting tonight.. He has always been like this, he will never change. 

That's why Heejin and I were sitting inside the airport waiting for our fathers call. "Yah Yeejin.. did you tell Myungsoo that we are leaving Jeju?" Heejin spoke up and I froze for a moment. How could I forgot to inform Myungsoo, the person who was always by my side since I can remember.

"No I didn't.. I forgot" I replied and Heejin just nod. "Let's call him later before he gets worried" She smiled at me and I just turned my attention back to my mothers flowers.

In about 10 minutes Heejin's phone finally rang and father asked us where we are. She said we are coming out and hung up the phone. I took my luggage and followed my sister outside, where father was standing already beside his expensive car. "Heejin, Yeejin its been a long time!" He came towards us and hugged Heejin first. When he tried to hug me I rejected and pointed at the flowers in my hand as a reason. He just nod knowing that he deserves this treatment.

He didn't even come to Jeju Island for moters funeral. He said he is on a business trip but that he is really sorry about our loss.. And this person calls himself a father? Oh please.

"I put your luggage to the car already girls. Go inside and I'll drive you to your new home" He gave us his fake smile and we went inside the car. The ride took about an hour until we arrived in Seoul. It was so different from Jeju.. so many lights and big buildings. The weather was really cold too it was raining really heavily.

We stopped at a traffic light and I was looking outside. I saw 5 boys laying on the cold ground not caring about the rain but just laughing. I couldn't see their face but at this moment I just wanted to join them and just smile.

 

"So welcome home my daughters" Father stopped infront of an small house. All lights inside were turned off so his new wife is probably not home. "Where is Young Mi unni?" Heejin asked about fathers new wife. "Ahh she will come back tomorrow.." He said avoiding eye contact with us.

We went inside and he stopped in the middle of the room.

"Girls.. I arranged a school for you both. It has a Dorm and you both will be staying there from Monday to Friday. On weekends you can come and visit us." He looked at us and smiled.

I knew it. I knew that he wouldn't take care of us and just throw us away like this. "I just wanted to show you girls the place I live first before bringing you to your High School in Itaewon." Father said and we just listened.

"Wait... are we moving to the School from today on?" Heejin finally spoke and Father nod. 

"The new Semester starts earlier this year. It's your first day tomorrow." He said and I took my bag and opened the door. "Well let's go then." I said. Now I understand why he didn't carry our luggage inside the house. And his wife is probably gone because she didn't want to see us. 

He couldn't say a word and drove us to our School. Without saying goodbye I just took my luggage and walked inside. "I wonder where the office is" Heejin said while looking around.

"Can I help you girls? You seem to be new." We heard someone and turned around to see a guy with longer hair. "My name is Gunwoo and Im the head boy of this School." He smiled. He looked like a pretty nice person. We followed him and he brought us to the School office where we got out Dorm name, Room number and timetable.

"Looks like we aren't in the same dorm" I said and Heejin gave me a dissapointed look. "Its fine. See you tomorrow" I said and just left to my Dorm.

The School was really big and had a nice garden so I went over to a bench and sat down. Without realizing a tear fell from my eyes. I don't know why but I couldn't hold back anymore. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I saw snow falling down. 

The first snowfall of this year. It was beautiful.

 

 

Heejin's POV

 

After walking around my Dorm I finally found my room and opened the door with my Keys. Inside I saw a girl watching tv. She had short blond hair and turned to look at me when I went inside.

"Oh you are my new roommate aren't you?? My last one switched Schools I was curious about who will come next!" She said excited and stood up. "My name is Min! As long as you are with me don't worry to be treaten bad I have a good place in this High School" She smiled and took my luggage. "Thank you but I can carry it myself" I followed her and she laughed.

"You can put your stuff into this cupboard" She showed me.

"Thank you" I smiled back at her. "And oh my name is Heejin I moved to Seoul tonight with my sister" I told her.

"Oh you have a sister too? Thats awesome! Isn't she in this Dorm?" She asked and I shook my head. "She goes to second year."

"Just like my brother then I hope he treats her nice" She said with a worried face and sat down to watch TV again. I wonder what she means. She took my timetable and looked at it. "You are in my and Aron's class this is great!" She said and I laughed not knowing who Aron is. I hope he is a nice person.

 

 

No One's POV

 

"I don't want to go back to school!" Baekho was yelling around and got hit by JR to shut up. "The gates are already closed let's go before stalker Gunwoo tells the principal that we are late again. At least on the first day let's try to be normal." Minhyun said and Ren laughed. "Our Angel has spoken." Aron said and Minhyun rolled his eyes. 

They arrived and climbed up the gates of the School without anyone seeing them. Aron went to his own Dorm since he is in his last year of High School and the other 4 to the other Dorm.

Before getting inside Ren stopped and Minhyun looked back at him. "Aren't you coming in Ren?" He asked. "You go inside first. I will come back soon!" He said and ran away before Minhyun could reply. "Just let him be he likes wandering around the School at night you know" Baekho said and put his arm around Minhyun's neck and they went inside together.

Ren just walked around the School like Baekho said. He loved the silence when nobody was around at night. He liked being alone sometimes and think about different things. Ren had a special place where he would always sit, sometimes even for hours he just liked the peace he has in this place.

While he was walking he stopped and looked up. It started snowing. He smiled watching the fluffy white snow falling down but then he suddenly heard someone's voice. He would never hear a noise at this hour in the School garden. It sound like a girl crying so he followed the voice. He saw a girl sitting on his favorit place.

She had long wavy hair and was holding her hand out to touch the falling snow. And she was crying, crying from deep inside her heart. Ren felt like he can feel her pain but he couldn't figure out why she would be crying.

He saw that her luggage was beside her so it means she is new here.. maybe she cries because she transfered to this school? Ren wanted to see her face so he tried to get closer without her realizing it. He finally saw her crying face.

"Just why are you crying here? What is it that hurt you so much?.." He whispered to himself, the snow falling heavier and heavier as the minutes passed by.