Chapter 4

Just Like Me(HIATUS)

      “Damn it!” Jin cursed slamming his fist on the table. This time he knew he went too far. This relationship was over but he knew he still had feelings for the younger one. Every time Kame wasn’t looking, he would stare at him and remember all those times they were together. And, now this was the worst. These rings were supposed to be theirs only; he remembers saying those words himself.

“Jin…” came a whisper behind him. “Leave!” Jin screamed making Kyoko jump. “But Jin…I didn’t mean to. I just…I just saw the black box in your room. I was curious and opened it. Then I saw the ring…I’m sorry” Kyoko explained, tears running down her cheeks.

“I don’t care…” he said. Kyoko cries were echoing in the room. Jin sighed, “ I was wrong…”

“W-what?” Kyoko looked up, wiping the tears. “You aren’t like him…you’re nothing like him!”

“What are you saying?” Kyoko asked walking closer to Jin. He backed way. “Leave!” he said once more. Kyoko turned and ran out but not before throwing the ring at him, hitting his shoulder and falling to the ground moving. He bent down and picked up the ring.

“I’m sorry…”

--

 Kame laid in bed staring at the ceiling. He sighed. Crying for him to come back won’t do any good, he tired, tired of how he’s feeling. “Ugh” he groaned and turns to lie on his stomach. He grabs a pillow and lays his head on it, closing his eyes.

Sleep Kame, sleep. He kept saying.

              Jin, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and glaring at the car on front of him, was trying to get to someone house. But, traffic kicked in. Go figure.

              He stopped the car in front of the building and stepped out. He looked up and saw that the light s were off. “Is he home?” Jin entered and mumbled a hello to the security guard. He took a deep breath. A small ding told him that it’s time to go up. Another ding told him he was getting closer. He walked out the elevator and started walking to his apartment. He took out his wallet and found the key. He still has it. Jin closed his eyes and took another deep breath. He can imagine it. When he enters, Kame would start throwing things that find he finds, at Jin. That’s what happened last time when Kame was mad. Jin almost got a black eye. But, it was all resolved by a round of love making. Jin chuckled, it was a good day.

              Jin slowly opened the door. A growl made him look down. “Ran-chan” he whispered. Ran-chan stopped her growling and wagged her tail. Of course she’ll remember him. Jin was always with Kame , Ran-chan got used to his smell.  Jin bent down and patted her.

“Where’s your master?” Ran his hand and turned around, walking away from him, Jin followed.  Ran stopped and scratched a door. Jin smiled and whispered a thank you. He quietly opened the door and walked in. He let out a sigh when he saw Kame in bed, curled up. Jin sat next to the sleeping figure and pushed away some strands of hair from Kames face. Kame leaned in on the touch. Jin smiled and lifted the sheets, getting in. He pulled Kame closer, the younger ones head, now, resting on Jins chest. Jin wrapped his arm around Kame waist and felt the younger one scooting closer, relaxing.

“Let’s stay like this a while,” Jin whispered in Kames ear. Few minutes later Jin fell asleep, head resting on Kames head.

***

  Warm. Kame tried to move, but something was grabbing him. But…it felt right. He slowly opened his eyes but closed the when they met the sun. He groaned. He tried to move again but was still trapped. He looked down and saw a pair of arms. He gasped.What’s going on? Huh? Kame then looked up, letting a small yelp out. Jin Kame lifted his hand to his head. It hurts. What is he doing here? Kame shook his head. “I have to go,” he pushed the pair of arms away. He stopped moving when he heard a groan, Kame turned to Jin, and let out a sigh. The older one didn’t wake up.

Kame ran out of the room, grabbed his shoes and leys and was out the door. Why was Jin there? Kame kept asking himself. He was already outside, he had to be out of the apartment, fast. Did Jin always done this when Kame was sleeping? So many questions where running through his head, but it stopped when he was pushed back and heard a small scream. “Ah, I’m sorry.” Kame went to the girl.

“It’s alright, it’s my fault,” she said then looked up to smile. Kame froze in his spot, the girl backed away.

“Kamenashi-kun”

“Kyoko?”

Kyoko nodded. Kame smiled awkwardly and scratched his head. “What are you doing here?” Kame asked. Kyoko giggled. “I was just walking around. I mean were downtown.” She said.

“Ah, right” Kame looked around. So that’s where he is.

“Come,” Kame heard her say. “Huh?”

“Come” Kayoko walked around and was walking away. Kame stood there dumbfounded. Why does Kyoko want him to follow her? Kame turned to her and didn’t see any sign of her. “Eh?” He walked the same path as Kyoko, but didn’t see her.

“Oi!” Someone called him. He turned right and saw Kyoko face against the big window. Kame chocked. He bit his lip but couldn’t keep it in. He started laughing.

“Come in” he heard and Kame nodded, wiping the teas away. He went inside and met the smell of coffee. A café. He sat down onfront of Kyoko.

“It’s great to see you smile” she said.

“Huh” Kame was confused.

“You were down. I mean when I saw you your head was low. I thought you were sick.” She smiled. Kame blushed, no wonder Jin liked her. She was nice and funny. Her smile was beautiful. Kame stopped staring at her when the waiter put a plate with a piece of strawberry shortcake on the table.

“I heard you like strawberries.” Kyoko said poking on the strawberry. Kame nodded.

“He kept saying ‘why don’t you like strawberry cake. He liked it very much’” Kame looked up at her. “Who?” he asked tilting his head.

“Jin” Kyoko said keeping that smile on her face. Kame stopped chewing.

“I knew he was talking about you because he kept calling your name in his sleep…cute huh?” Kame didn’t say anything. Kyoko sighed, and stood up. Kame followed her movement with his eyes. She sat next to him. She put her hand I her purse and took out something circle. Kame lifted an eyebrow. She opened it and Kame found himself looking at himself. Kyoko scooted closer to him and rested her cheek on his cheek. “Look”  Kame looked, and all he can see in the irroe is himself and Kyoko. Kyoko sighed again. “You really are slow. Kame~” she teased, “but my point is that we look alike”

“Huh?”

“I found that out when Jin accidently called me you. I was sitting beside him, he was sleeping. When I heard him move, I turned and he was looking at me. ‘Kazu’ he said. I didn’t say anything.” Kyoko let out a small chuckle. “When he found out what he did, Jin took me out on a long date.”

Kame was confused. Why was she telling him this? How is he supposed to react? Kame looked at her. Kyoko had her head low. Maybe she was really in love with Jin, but Jin stilled had Kame in his head.

“I’m sorry” Kame whispered. Kyoko shook her head. “He loved you Kamenashi-kun. He really does.”

“But…he loves you Kyoko, Jin and I, we aren’t together anymore. It’s all over” Kame explained. He felt bad. The person she loves doesn’t lover her as much as she loves him.

Kyoko shook her head again and grabs his hands, now staring straight  at his eyes.

“Kamenashi-kun, believe me he loved you, he always did. I don’t know what happened between you two but I can see that you regret it.” Kyoko let go of his hand and stood up. She turned to Kame and he met her gaze, but then her eyes moved somewhere else. She was still. Kame stared at her. What?

“Believe me Kamenashi-kun, I know what I’m saying,” she said not looking at him. Then she turned and went out the door.

What was she looking at? Kame turned and froze.

 “Jin”