~1~

Normal's Boring

“So, to find the answer we have to use a special formula. Uh, Chanyeol! Can you tell us what that is?”

“You would use the Pythagorean theorem. To find the answer you would use the formula of a2+b2=c2 , Mr. Park” Mr. Park smiled at me and turned to the board to write down a problem.

“Very good. Did all of you hear that? Now solve this problem for me using what Chanyeol just said,” he turned around with a smile. I smiled as well. Mr. Park as always been my favorite teacher even though math isn’t really my favorite class. He was just so easy going that I’m sure everybody loves him even if they hated math. By the way, I’m Chanyeol. I’m 17 and I’m 185 cm tall. I have a very deep voice.  Other than my height, I am your normal High School student. I live with my mom and dad. My friends, Suho and Chen, have known me for a while now. They are pretty normal too. So I guess you can describe my life as normal.

“C equals 13 because the square root of 169 is 13 which is what C will be.” The voice broke my train of thought and I realized I haven’t even done the problem we were supposed to do. I turn my head to see who answered it. Who, of course, was Chen. He looked at me and gave me a smile and a thumb up. I smiled at his gesture and turned back to the front of the classroom. Mr. Park wrote down our homework and went to his desk. Ugh, homework on the weekend. One of my least favorite things in this world. Well, at least it’s the weekend. The bell rang and I gathered my stuff, got up, and walked over to Chen’s desk.

“Hello,” I said as Chen got up and looked at me.

“Hello nerd,” Chen winked at me and left through the door. I ran to catch up with him.

“Nerd? I’m not the one who got the answer in less than a minute,” I said. We walked to his locker that was close to our class. I looked down at him while he was putting his stuff away at his locker.

“That was not a minute. It was 1 minute and 28 seconds.” Chen explained. I scoffed.

“Yeah, and I’m the nerd.” I muttered under my breath. Chen looked up at me and smiled.

“Yes. You are the nerd. And I’m also the nerd. But you know what?”

“What?” I said, curious as to what he was going to reply with.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I rolled my eyes at him.  He grabbed his backpack, threw it on his shoulders and closed his locker.

“Stop trying to sound like you’re wise,” We started walking to my locker that was down the hall, “That’s Suho’s job. Plus, it doesn’t suit you.”

“Chen does what Chen wants” He said in a caveman like voice. I turned to him to give him a ‘What?’ look then reached my hand out to open my locker. Turn right, then left, then right again.

“And don’t talk about yourself in third person. That also doesn’t suit you.”  I put my books away and put the stuff that I needed in my backpack. I closed my locker with my backpack in my hands.  We started walking and turned the corner. When we turned the corner, I bumped into someone making me drop my backpack. I groan and see who I bumped into.

I was about to say something when I actually took a good look at them. It was two guys who I had never seen before.

One of them was a little bit taller than me (which is strange since I’m the tallest person in this school) with sharp features and looked pissed. While the other one was shorter and had soft features. He also looked pissed.

They took a look at me and whispered something to each other. The shorter one looked at me and his eyes softened just a little. He opened his mouth to speak but the taller guy smacked his arm. The smaller one looked at him.

“But…” He said to the taller one. The taller one grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards him then the way they were coming from. I stare at them until I feel something being pushed into my hands. It’s my backpack. I look up from my hands to see Chen with a forced smile.

“You’re welcome.” Chen says then rolls his eyes, without his smile, “People these days, acting weird and all. Can’t they just be normal like us?” I nod my head. “I mean honestly, who bumps into someone else but then doesn’t apologize?”

“Yeah,” I say, dazed, “Normal like us.” 

 

*A/N: Hello readers! Did you enjoy this very short first chapter? When I wrote this, I didn't think it would be this short. And I tried editing it as much as I can so that it can be longer. But it still came out short. So please excuse that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And remember to subscribe and comment. I like seeing comments and new subscribers. *-* Okay. That's it for this author's note. Goodbye~!

(By the way, if you haven't already noticed. I'm a Algebra nerd. Keke)*