You Came Back

We Didn't Say It's Over

 

This will be over soon.” The shorter man nodded, holding back the tears that were building up in his eyes. “I'll see you soon, okay?” Another nod and then a pair of arms wrapped themselves around Taecyeon's waist.

I'm gonna miss you.”

Taecyeon swallowed back the knot in his throat and blinked the tears away. “I'm gonna miss you too.”

The smaller man pulled away and tears had rolled down his cheeks. “Bye...”

Bye...” Taecyeon mumbled as he left his hand stretched in midair.

 

Neither of them knew that those were the last words they would say to each other.

 

She's gone, gotta be moving on,” 2PM's new song Heartbeat boomed in the b-boy's room. He lay on his bed, arms spread wide across his bed, mind blank. He couldn't believe that even while he was suspended from the group, they made a new album. When he first heard of their comeback he cried. The tears shocked him at first but then he accepted them as his sobs became loud and his eyes became swollen and red. The song was now the most played in his iTunes library and although he was still as sad as he was when when he first listened to it no tears were shed. “Taecyeon...”

 

Taecyeon's heart skipped a beat when he heard that Jaebeom would be coming back to Korea. He wanted to see his leader—his lover. Even though it had been announced that Jaebeom was no longer part of the group, he and the rest of the group still viewed the short “old man” as their leader.

After reading fan accounts from fans that were going to be there at Jay's arrival, he marked the date on his calendar.

The day was here and Taecyeon couldn't hide the big toothy grin that cracked his face as he made himself breakfast.

Hyung, why are you smiling like an idiot?”

Taecyeon turned towards the maknae, the smile still on his face and answered, “Because Jay's coming back to Korea today.”

Why would you be happy about that?”

Don't worry about the details Italy, you wouldn't understand.”

Chansung rolled his eyes, “Okay whatever. Just because I'm the maknae doesn't mean I'm naïve...”

I know you're not naïve, you just won't understand,” Taecyeon smiled widely.

You're crazy...” Chansung said leaving the kitchen.

After he ate breakfast, he headed to the airport early, knowing that fans would crowd it just to see him, and Taecyeon wanted to be the first one to see him.

 

Jaebeom could already hear the loud yells as he began to make his way to the exit gate. He took a deep breath and exhaled. 'You can do this Jaebeom,' he assured himself. He didn't question the tall man that seemed to appear out of nowhere while he was walking toward the gate. Said man brought a protective arm around Jaebeom's shoulder and used the other as a barrier between the former leader and the excited fans. It took them ten minutes to get outside rather than what was supposed to be the normal five. When they reached the van, the tall man got in next to Jay, while the other security guards stood outside the van.

To the studio Jaebeom-ssi?” the driver questioned.

Yeah.” He wanted to question why the security guard had entered the van while the others stayed outside but he kept it to himself.

Neither of the two men said anything on the way to the studio and Jaebeom couldn't help but feel like the silence was awkward. Jaebeom smiled when he saw that there were no fans anywhere near the studio assuring him that the rest of the day would be an easy one as long as he stayed at the studio.

 

The two men in the back exited the van and the taller one placed his arm around Jay's shoulder again. “Um, there aren't any fans. I don't need security.” The tall man remained silent. Jaebeom tried to look at his face but his hat was pulled too low, hiding his eyes. They entered the building and the lobby was empty. “You can take your arm off now...” Jay mumbled.

Again, nothing from the other.

As they turned into a hallway, Jaebeom pushed the other off of him. He snatched the other's hat off.

T-Taecyeon?!” Taecyeon just looked away, a blush slowly creeping across his face. “What the hell are you doing here?!” The rapper kept his eyesight averted. “Yah! Answer me!” Jaebeom pushed the other's shoulder.

I'm welcoming you back, Jay.” Taecyeon smiled, a bit too eerily for Jaebeom. He stepped toward the older male and wrapped his arms around him. He slowly pulled away and began to lean down.

Jaebeom pushed him away. “I hate you!”

What?” Taecyeon asked, eyes wide. 

 


 

How was it so far? I have some of the next chapter written so hopefully I can update sometime this weekend. :D Hope you enjoyed!