She Smiled (Part 2)

Frenemies (A JeTi Collection)

 

 

 

Jessica was waiting for Tiffany outside the movie theater when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned to the person, ready to glare at whoever was that.

“Oh! Leo oppa! What are you doing here?”, she asked the man beside him before smiling.

The man returned the smile as he answered, “Tiffany called last night and she asked me to watch a movie with her today”

Jessica was confused of what’s going on as she remembered her girlfriend’s question last night, ‘What would you if I die tomorrow?’. She shrugged it off, convincing herself that it was just one of the girl’s random silly thoughts.

Leo spoke up as he noticed the worried look on her sister’s girlfriend, “My sister could be really weird sometimes! I’m sure she’s just up to something”

Both chuckled at the comment, oblivious of what would be happening. Their phone beeped at the same time, receiving the same message.

                Hey Jessi! Hey oppa!

Sorry, I can’t make it on time! But I promise to catch up later! Taeyeon just texted me, asking me to look after Seohyunnie for a while. Mianhae! Just watch the movie together! Please! Both of you owe me the story later! Don’t waste the tickets! Love you both! <3

                                                                                -Tiffany

“She can’t come”, they said in unison then sighed.

“Let’s just watch the movie together! I actually want to watch this one!”, Leo offered. Jessica thought for a while and nodded, feeling pretty disappointed with Tiffany.

After the movie, Jessica and Leo decided to separate. They both their feet and began walking in opposite directions when a familiar voice stopped them.

“Jessi! Oppa!”

The two turned to the direction of the voice and saw Tiffany walking towards them.

“Where are you going? I told you I will catch up! Didn’t you receive my text? So, how was the movie? Was it good?”, she asked spontaneously, leaving the other two gaped in surprise.

“It was good! But it could have been better if I watched it with you”, Jessica answered in a sweet voice as she held her girlfriend’s hand and pecked her on the lips. They giggled cutely like a newly reunited couple.

“You know what? I just realized when I saw you and oppa go out the theater together that….you actually look good together!”, Tiffany grinned to herself.

Her girlfriend furrowed her eyebrows, slightly hurt of what she said, “Yah! Only we look good together! Are you giving me away to your oppa?”

Leo smiled at the cuteness of the couple in front him. ‘Perfect’, he thought. He was surprised when he first found out about their relationship and didn’t accept it. As a good brother, he wanted Tiffany to get married and have children but what mattered the most was her happiness. Only Jessica brought back the smile and laughter on her face that were lost when their parents died. He loved his sister so much. As he stared at her, he noticed something, “Fany-ah! Are you sick? You look pale and thinner!”

Tiffany flinched at her brother’s question and came up easily with a lie, “Aniyo! I think it’s just the make-up. And I’m not thin, I’m y!”. She chuckled, trying to hide her anxiety. The hands of the clock were running and her time was not getting any longer. Her end was looming.

**

The three young adults strolled around the mall, as requested by Tiffany, as she continuously girlfriend and her brother that they would really make a lovely couple which the two found annoying and weird. When they finally settled in a restaurant, which actually took time because Tiffany has been picky, the eyesmiling girl insisted Jessica and Leo to sit beside each other. They tried to complain only to surrender to the pouting girl’s aegyo.

Tiffany didn’t even bother to eat since she wouldn’t be needing it anyways as she stared alternately to Jessica and Leo. The other girl noticed the untouched food on her plate. “Hey! Why aren’t you eating? I thought you’re hungry?” , she asked in a concerned voice.

Tiffany just gave her a reassuring smile, “I feel full just by watching the two most important people in my life eat”

Jessica and Leo looked at each other, starting to get worried with her strange behavior.

“See! You really look good together!”, she blurted out suddenly. The two rolled their eyes and were about to protest when Tiffany’s smiling face turned serious. She looked deeply at her girlfriend’s eyes, “Jessi! When I’m gone, I want you to move on and be happy! If you find someone else to love, it’s fine with me!”.

“Tiffa-“, the girl wanted to argue but was cut off as she turned her gaze to her brother.

“Leo oppa! Promise me that you will take care of my Jessi and make sure that she won’t do anything stupid!”, the man was surprised with the unexpected request.

Tiffany laughed suddenly and yawned innocently. “I’m tired! Let’s go home! Come with us oppa!”, she dragged the still confused and worried Jessica and Leo.

 

***

The moment they arrived at the couple’s apartment, Tiffany excused herself and entered their room immediately reasoning that she wanted to rest. The other two remained in the living room, contemplating everything that happened.

“What’s wrong with her?”, Leo asked Jessica.

“I don’t know! She’s been acting weird the past couple of days”, the girl answered sincerely.

“But you’re her girlfriend! You live together so you must know!”, the man accidentally yelled. Jessica was shocked and was about to yell back when they heard a loud thud.

“Tiffany!”, they looked at each other and dashed hurriedly into the room, hoping that everything’s alright.

 

 

They found Tiffany, who looked very pale, lying on the floor.

“Tiffany! Tiffany!”, Jessica shouted as she shook the girl’s body. Leo nervously checked her pulse but there was nothing. He gasped, “She’s gone”

“Tiffany! No! Wake up! You can’t leave me!”, Jessica pleaded and hugged her girlfriend’s lifeless body as she continuously sobbed. Leo watched her as tears started to fall from his eyes. His beloved sister, the only family he had, left. His attention was captured by the piece of paper on Tiffany’s hand so he picked it up. It was a letter. He hesitantly unfolded it and read it aloud for the sobbing Jessica to hear as it was addressed to her.

To me beloved Jessi,

             I’m probably gone by now as you read this.

            Before anything else, please don’t cry! If you’re crying, stop now!

I don’t want to see you hurting, remember?

I’m sorry, Jessi for not telling you that I’m sick and dying.

I just wanted happy memories of our last days together.

I love you, Jessi!

Only you made me feel the meaning of true love.

You’re the only girl I loved and I never regretted going gay for you.

Am I cheesy? Well, you made me like this so just bear with it.

Will you be mad at me for leaving you?

I don’t want to go but I have to.

I’m going to a place where I won’t feel pain anymore so don’t worry about me, okay?

By the way, I know that you’re with Leo oppa right now.

Tell him that I want him to take care of you and please, take care of him too.

Can I make a request?

Marry him, Jessi! Please, marry my oppa!

Get your greencard and live a happy life in New York.

If you find someone to love, then divorce him!

 

Leo paused in reading and chuckled, “Typical Tiffany!”. He glanced at Jessica who stopped crying before he continued,

                ..Am I rude? I hope not.

                I just want the best for you.

                Promise me, you’ll be happy without me.

                Always remember that I’ll be watching you from wherever I am.

                Whenever you feel sad and lonely, just look into your heart and you’ll find me there.

                I’ll stay there forever.

                You know that I’m not good in saying goodbye, right?

                Then I won’t say goodbye.

                Because I know that we’ll meet each other again someday and we will never be apart again.

                I Love You, Jessi! I Love You, Leo oppa!

                Be happy! Be Tiffany! :)

                                Lovingly yours,

                                                The gorgeous angel, Tiffany <3

 

Jessica surprisingly chuckled at the last words of the letter and spoke up, “Tiffany never fails to lighten up moments like this!”. She leaned down and kissed the cold lips of her now gone girlfriend, “I love you, Tiffany”

***

“You got it?”, Leo asked Jessica as she walked towards him.

“Yeah!”, the girl nodded joyfully.

“Finally!”, the man shouted. He looked at Jessica and smiled widely, “I proposed to Sooyoung and she said yes! I’ll marry her after our divorce!”

Jessica beamed at the good news so she hugged her ‘husband’, “Congrats oppa! I’m happy for you!”

“How about you, Jessica? When will you open your heart again? It’s been years since Tiffany passed away”, Leo asked as he released from the hug.

The girl looked up in the sky and smiled, “I’ve moved on, oppa! I’m alone but I’m happy! I don't need anyone else right now”. She paused for a while and waved the thing on her hand cheerfully as she shouted, “Fany-ah! Can you see this? It’s my greencard! I’m not an ‘alien’ anymore!”.

'It will always be you, Tiffany!', she thought.

 

**

Somewhere in heaven, an eyesmiling girl was watching them happily.

‘I’m happy for you Jessi! For you too, Leo oppa!’

She smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

******************

A/N: Here's the part 2 of 'She Smiled'. Sorry if it's kinda long. Honestly, I cried while writing this. Sorry for letting Tiffany die here. As I said, death is a reality for all of us. Anyways, I just want to clear some things:

 -I intentionally made Tiffany's letter as something not too emotional and dramatic. Her personality was bubbly so she didn't want to make Jessica and Leo oppa sadder. She tried to uplift them even in that painful situation.

-Jessica said at the latter part that she's not an alien anymore because in the USA, they also refer to illegal immigrants as 'unauthorized aliens'. keke.

-Jessica and Leo got married (as requested by Tiffany in her letter) but there was no emotional attachment. It was purely for  Sica's acquisition of greencard.

 

That's all!!!!! I'm sorry for making it so angsty. Comments are highly appreciated guys!!! Speak out your opinions so that I'll know what to improve. You are my inspiration! keke. Thank you! :D BTW, I have three new stories here but I'm not yet in the mood to post it. :)