She Smiled (Part 1)

Frenemies (A JeTi Collection)

 

 

If you only have one day to live, what would you do? To whom you would want to spend the remaining twenty four hours of your life? Given the limited time available to you, how would you express your love for them? Most people have many plans for their future but, life is finite.  Death is a reality for all of us. One day we will all die and leave all our loved ones behind. Many were afraid to die but not a certain brunette named Tiffany Hwang. She already accepted her faith of death as inescapable and unpredictable. She planned how she would spend her last day the moment her doctor told her that she only had a short time to live.

“What’s wrong, Doc?”, Tiffany asked. She never wanted to enter a hospital since her parents died, traumatized by their tragic death. If she hadn’t been feeling very sick and weak for the past weeks then she wouldn’t be there. Her girlfriend noticed that she’s losing weight and she, herself, wondered why she’s experiencing occassional vomitting and severe headaches lately.

“I’m sorry, Miss Hwang, but if you just consulted earlier then we could have done something”, the doctor answered while shaking his head. He hung his head low feeling very sorry for the young girl in front of him.

Tiffany felt her heart beats fast. She knew that something’s wrong since the doctor asked her to undergo different tests. Tears were starting to form at the corner of her eyes and her hands were shaking. “J-just tell me doc..I wanna know..Is it something serious? Am I dying?”, she continued to ask as fear and nervousness crept inside her.

The doctor let out a defeated sigh as he revealed the painful truth, “Based from the tests that we conducted, we found a Grade IV tumor in your brain and unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about it. A surgery or chemotherapy won’t do. I suggest that you just spend your remaining days with your loved ones. I'm sorry.”

The poor girl gaped in shock but she wanted to know, “How long?”

“One week”

She covered with her hand as tears continuously ran down her cheeks. She continued to cry while the doctor watched her with pity.

 

Five days have passed and only two days left. Tiffany decided not to tell anyone, not even to her girlfriend or her brother, about her agonizing situation. To keep it to herself was her choice, afraid of hurting them but she knew that they would be hurt soon. She spent her remaining days preparing for ‘the end’ , with the people she loved. The dying girl just wanted everything to be in place before she departed.

 

"Jessi! What would you do if I die tomorrow?", Tiffany asked out of nowhere surprising her girlfriend who's hugging her tightly as they both lied comfortably on the bed.

 

Jessica immediately pulled away from the hug and sat upright, shocked with her girlfriend’s question. “Yah! What kind of question is that? That’s stupid!”, she shouted with slight anger.

 

Tiffany suddenly felt a pain in her heart. She knew how vulnerable Jessica could be despite her tough façade and she was afraid of what the girl would possibly do when she’s gone. She patted the bed asking her girlfriend to lie back and the latter complied.

 

They were both lying sideways, eyes locked lovingly with each other.

 

“If you’re going to die tomorrow, then I’d wish to die today”, Jessica broke the silence.

 

“You’re my life, Tiffany. I’d rather die than live a life without you”, she continued with so much honesty. Her words triggered the tears that Tiffany’s been trying to keep so she turned around not wanting Jessica to see hear tears fall. She knew the things that her girlfriend’s capable of doing like when she stayed in the USA as an illegal immigrant just to be with her.

 

“Let’s sleep”, Jessica said as she embraced her girlfriend, unaware of what she’s been going through. Tiffany continued to weep silently. When she felt the steady breathing of the girl beside her, she slowly released her body from the warm embrace not to wake the sleeping girl up. She stared at Jessica’s beautiful face, admiring and memorizing every detail of it. She caressed it gently, if only she could stay like this forever. The sick girl reached for her phone as she thought, ‘I love you, Jessica! And I want you to continue your life without me. Don’t do anything stupid!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

......To be continued.. (part 2 will be posted tomorrow.. Kekekekeke...  XD)

 

 

 

 

*A/N: Omo! Poor Tiffany :( What's her plan for Jessica? Any idea guys?