All That Matters (An 'Epilogue' of Finally)

Frenemies (A JeTi Collection)

 

 

A/N: Thank you guys for the overwhelming support on my very first one-shot. I appreciated the comments. Here's a very short 'epilogue' of "Finally". This one's from Tiffany's POV. Just to fill out the gaps in the first part. Keke. Sorry for my mistakes. XD

*********************

 

 

 

 

A tear escapes from the corner of my eye as we stand here in the middle of the airport, savoring each other’s lips and ignoring all the weird stares from people around us. This is what I wanted. I’m finally facing my fears and trying to get over them. Fear of being ridiculed and hated for who I really am, of not living a normal life, of hurting my family and Nichkhun, but most especially, fear of losing you.

“Finally”, you say as we separate from our kiss, our foreheads leaning on each other’s. We stay quiet for a while when you suddenly speak, “You really love me?”

“I do”, I answer with a smile.

You step backward as you reach for my hand and caress it tenderly. “How about Nichkhun? I thought you loved him?”, I see your mouth slowly turns into a frown and it hurts me. I know that you’ve loved me for so long but you chose to stay as my bestfriend, even if it kills you inside. If only I can take away all the pain from the past.

I contemplate for a while as I remember Nichkhun’s face before I ran away from our wedding. I know that he’s hurting but he still let me go.

I was standing right before the church’s altar with Nichkhun by my side. It’s our wedding day, a day anticipated by many, and our families and guests were all watching us with joy. Nichkhun held my hand and smiled at me sweetly as he sensed my nervousness without me having told him. I gave him a sad smile trying to hide the feelings of guilt over what I would do next.

I heard the priest say “Speak now or forever hold your peace” and I slowly raised my hand. I looked at Nichkhun’s eyes feeling sorry for wasting all the money and time spent for this wedding, and for hurting him.

“I-I’m…s-sorry… I just c-can’..t”, I stuttered as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

“Jessica?”, I was shocked with his question but I nodded.

He suddenly embraced me tight and smiled at me as he pulled away from the hug.

“I understand”, he said.

“Y-you know?”, I asked him, the punitive feeling of guilt was slowly tearing my heart apart.

He nodded still wearing that loving smile, “It’s always been her, right?

I started to sob hard. All this time, he knew but he never confronted me. He stayed by my side loving me unconditionally, knowing that it’s you I was thinking when I’m with him. He’s been hurting without me knowing. Nichkhun was every woman’s ideal man. A prince charming that would make you feel like a princess. He’s perfect, actually. He deserved someone better. Someone who would truly love him and who would be willing to give her heart and soul to him and it’s not me. I loved him but not as much as I love you.

“I love you enough Tiffany to let you go. Your happiness is my own happiness. Just go..”, he held my face, bringing me out of my trances.

I smiled at him and kissed him on the lips for one last time, “Thank you!”

Loud murmurs could be heard as I ran away towards the church’s door. “Tiffany!”, my father shouted but I didn’t even bother to look back. I just wanted to find you, hoping it’s not too late.

“Hey! Stop crying.” I feel your thumb wipe the tears on my cheeks as I start to cry.

“I’ve hurt him Jessi… He knew about my feelings for you… but he never told me...and he let me go..because..he loves me..”, I continue to sob then I feel you wrap your warm arms around me, making me feel better.

“Ssshhh.. You’ll just hurt him more if you marry him”. You’re right. I don’t want a normal life that’s full of lie. All I want is a life with you.

I embrace her back while saying, “I-I’m sorry Jessi…for being a coward..I was just afraid of so many things…”

“I was a coward too”, you say as you pull away. I suddenly miss you warmth.

You smile lovingly, “I love you Tiffany”

“I love you Jessi”, I smile back.

You hold my face and caress it affectionately as you lean in. I feel your lips press against mine making me feel how much love you me. I am not afraid anymore of anything or anyone. As long as I have you by my side, everything feels right. We love each other and that’s all that matters now.