Do You Want Some Chicken?

My Chicken Lover

 

I rush off to somewhere I do not know and drop down on my knees after running like I was in a marathon.  I call up my friend to pick me up but she is not answering her phone. Damn it! How am I supposed to get back home? I start walking around the streets of Seoul and look for a decent place to have dinner.

 

 

“One order of samgyupsal, black bean soup, and a cup of rice please,” I told the food stall ahjumma. I ended up treating myself food that I have been craving for since last week. Dorm food . It does not really taste good and it has lots of vegetables. 

 

 

I find my way home and as I do, I pass by a playground near the park and sit on one of the swings there. “Pick up the bloody phone already,” but my friend still does not. I kill the time by drawing random circles and writing down stuff on the playground’s sand while I wait. It is getting late. The sound of crickets is all I could here and some cars passing by.

 

 

I decided to just ask some people on the way on how to go back to my dorm, if I would wait for my friend to come pick up her bloody phone, I would end up sleeping in the playground waiting for her. Unless one or two of my biases shows up and plays with me, I really would not mind sleeping out here, but of course, that would not happen.

 

 

No one is giving me the right directions. How great. I am lost. I go back to the playground to wait for a miracle to happen. Biases please save me from this misery.

 

 

Hours have passed and I am still stuck here, all alone in this dark place. I start to feel cold and I shiver. I also feel scared now. “Is there someone out there to rescue me? Anyone?” I rub my hands against each other. “Somebody?”

 

 

I look around the area. None. I am starting to hear weird crunchy sounds like someone is eating crispy fried chicken at the park at this time of the night, I am seriously freaking out. A glimpse of someone’s shadow is approaching the swings. “Ottokhe? Ottokhe? Who are you?”

 

 

This person’s shadow draws closer to where I am. “Why am I not running away?” My is glued to the swing and I have no idea what I am still doing here.

 

 

And then I see that person’s face. He is eating chicken happily, and holding a familiar bucket that I am pretty sure I have seen somewhere.

 

 

“Annyeong! Do you want some chicken?” He smiles at me. His face is full of crumbs, yet he still looks cute.

 

 

It is Onew.

 

 

Onew?! My subconscious shouts at me. Wait, what is he doing here?!