Chapter 9

Nappies....and Jiyong.

I gritted my teeth.

"Aniyo....Aniyo....Aniyo..." Jiyong kept banging his head against the wall, until his cell rang. It was his mother. They sounded like they were having some sort of argument.

We both knew full well that we were in for it, Me especially.

So when YG called my phone, I just watched it buzz, until it stopped ringing. Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn. I just stared blankly at my fingernails, then started chewing them. My phone started ringing again. I look at the ID. It wasn't YG this time, it was CL. 2NE1 had been in the States for months now and I'd been really missing female company at YG. Surely Chaerin wasn't aware of the alleged scandal between myself and Jiyong. At least I could talk to her normally. 

"Hey, unnie-"

"OH, MY GOD. YOU AND GD, SERIOUSLY? TELL ME, TELL ME EVERYTHING GIRL, TELL ME, NOW, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!"

I was wrong. How on earth did she even know about this?

Ji looked over at me, and rolled his eyes. I didn't know what to say to her.

"It's a MASSIVE MISUNDERSTANDING CHAE, REALLY, PLEASE DON'T ASSUME-"

"AHHHH!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO GOOD TOGETHER, LIKE-"

I was not expecting it when GD took the phone off me, and ended the conversation while she was speaking. I stared up at him. He refused to look at me, he just avoided my gaze. Something about his countenance changed, and I didn't like it.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

He handed me back the phone.

"I'm fine" 

"Look, we-"

"Amber, I can't keep doing this. I have nothing to do with you, or this baby of yours, so we should just drop it, right?"

I struggled to keep up with the words coming out of his mouth. But each one stung, a lot. I couldn't believe he was saying this.

"Ji, you're blowing things out of proportion. Can't we just explain to them-"

"Explain WHAT? They won't believe us-they won't believe you I mean, look at you!" He was going hysterical.

"What was that supposed to mean?!"

"My career's at stake, that's what I mean. What don't you understand? This will never work. Me, you, being together"

"Are you saying this whole thing is my fault?!"

"Bye Amber"

He strode out of the ward, texting someone on his phone.

Then I got another call from YG. He'd fired me.

Half of me wanted to scream. The other half wanted to cry. I sat hunched, half dressed in that hospital bed.

 ***

"Don't cry. Your makeup will run"

"I'm not crying"

I was on the way to the press conference. Stylist Yan had tried her best to fix me up, but on the inside, I was having a breakdown. I was Jobless. Now I'd be thrown into an arena of Cameras, Questions, and Flashing lights.

Pretty much as soon as GD had left, YG staff had come over to take me to the media event. As far as they were concerned, the situation had to be fixed, fast. Lena and Gary would meet me there. 

"Bye Amber" his coarse words stuck in my head like glue, yet Jiyong was the least of my worries. I pushed those thoughts aside. He was just being overly dramatic. Panicking way too much. I wasn't one of those girls to go and cry in a corner after an argument. I knew that he would come around. He'd apologise, we'd get over it, right? Our relationship wasn't weak enough to be blown over by a quarrel.

I broke out of my daydream when an egg smashed against the side of the car that I was sitting on. 

"Uggh.Saessang fans" Stylist Yin muttered under her breath.

She stopped the vehicle outside the venue as it was pelted by eggs, flour, and god knows what else. These preschoolers had no idea who they were messing with. I wasn't having this. 

I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Stay in the car"

I opened the door and climbed out.

" YA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WAIT UNTIL I-" An egg narrowly missed my head as someone grabbed mt by the back of my dress and shoved my inside the back of the building. 

He glared at me.

"Amber, are you crazy?"

Before I had time to answer, security guards rushed us both into the main hall. I was not prepared for this. I tried to find Jiyong's hand but he'd moved away. He was already sitting down next to me. Yg was located on the front row. He looked suprisingly calm. 

"How long have you been dating?"

"We-" I tried to answer, but GD cut me off straight away. 

"We're not dating."

I looked at him. My cheeks burned. 

"So the baby wasn't planned then?"

I answered.

"...This is a misunderstanding. The baby I'm carrying is NOT Ji-Kwon Jiyong's. He isn't involved in any of this"

I was hoping to leave it there, but the audience still stared at my expectantly, so I was forced to continue. 

"My sister..." 

My voice trailed off as I looked over at Lena and Gary. Were they even OK with me revealing everything? I saw my sister look down. If I said anything, everyone would know that she couldn't concieve. I couldn't do that to  her.

"Ummm...it doesn't matter"

The reporter was insistent.

" What doesn't matter?"

"Why should I tell you? All you want is a good press story to write about." I snapped back at him. As I became defensive, a gasp resounded around the room. Yang Suk frowned.

Jiyong spoke harshly to me.

"Just tell them! Just say it!"

When I refused, he did the dirty work himself.

"First of all, I'd like to begin with why I'd be dating her in the first place. Why would I even look at someone like her? She is not my type. She kissed me because she wanted attention, and of course you gave it to her. This woman is not pregnant because of me. So why am I even wasting my time here?"

Liar.

I noticed Yang Suk smiling. 

Another person asked a question. 

"So why were you spotted at hotels and restaurants with her?" 

"...I tried to negotiate, to get her to leave me alone. And now its all come to this. I'm leaving"

I followed him offstage in attempt to make him take back what he just said, but he shrugged my arm off. 

"Don't call me or text me. Just leave me be. Got it?" 

His mic was still on. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was known for being overly dramatic, but I knew that he mean every word he said to me. It wouldn't work. To Jiyong, losing his career would be the equivalent of losing his life. It just hurt me to think that I wasn't considered as any part of his life whatsoever. Even though I thought about him most of the time. In reality, to him, I was just a girl carrying a baby. Nothing special.