The Feud

Girls' Mystification
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Yes, yes, I know, Taeyeon doesn't really have the authority to banish anyone, I think that's up to SM (I had to make it fit the plot I was given; it was sort of a request).  I hate this chapter with a burning passion.  Epic writing fail.  *heads desk repeatedly in shame*

 

~~~~~
 The Feud
~~~~~


It was barely after ten a.m. and the girls had seemingly forgotten about the whole sundress fiasco.  Four of the girls were lounging around in the living room.  Tiffany, head propped on Yoona's knee, lay lazily on the sofa reading a book.  Yoona, now wearing her coveted sundress, sat alongside Yuri as the two battled it out on an old Atari 2600.  Yoona's expression was as intense as the game was becoming.  Finally, there was a loud ding and Yuri jumped up, dropping her controller and clapping her hands excitedly as she jumped in a circle.  The loser made her piranha face as she slapped her forehead and cursed angrily.  Tiffany jumped with a start and then glanced down at the book in her lap, realizing she had fallen asleep with her eyes open.  Yuri continued her victory dance but stopped at the sound of a soft giggle.  She turned to see Seohyun, a smile on her face, blissfully absorbed in the newest episode of Keroro Gunso on her computer.  Yuri hopped over and hugged Maknae around the neck before skipping back to Yoona and requesting another round. The girl quickly accepted, determined to beat Yuri on her eighth try.  Tiffany rested her head once again and quickly skimmed her page, trying to find the spot at which she had drifted off.  Just then Taeyeon emerged and began shuffling around on the desk near Seohyun, looking for a letter from her brother. Finally she found it under a pile of fan letters and flipped it open, reading it through once more.  Shuffling through the cluttered desk drawer she found a pen and notebook and began writing her reply.  Just then there was a click of their front door, and the girls' eyes all jerked up to see Sunny enter their apartment.  Tiffany's book slipped from her grasp and landed open-faced on the carpet.  Yoona's controller hung limply in her hands as Yuri's landed on her foot with a thud.  Taeyeon's pen scratched a long black line across the paper and onto the desk, and Seohyun gawked open-mouthed.  Sunny glanced around and then shrugged.  "What?"

"Hey, guys, what do you think of my skirt?" Jessica asked, waltzing into the living room and twirling around, her eyes still locked on the frilly white fabric swishing around her knees.  Hearing no one answer her yet again, she furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at them.  "Seriously, what is with you guys toda—"  Her voice trailed off at the sight of Sunny.  Flushing, Jessica quickly lowered her eyes, a hand to her forehead, and turned around, muttering something about a migraine as she passed Sooyoung in the hallway.

The tall model that was Sooyoung patted the girl on the head and then stepped out into the living room, making her way toward the kitchen.  She said nothing and began hunting for a bottle of blueberry ramune in the refrigerator.  The girl untwisted the cap and took a swig.  Sunny stared questioningly at her, wondering if Sooyoung noticed the difference in her appearance or if she was just that oblivious.  After gulping down half the drink, Sooyoung—eyes examining her half-empty Codd-neck bottle—drawled to no one in particular, "Who replaced SoonKyu with Tinker Bell?"

There were a few snort-laughs in response (an especially loud one coming from Tiffany) and Sunny nodded her head, having expected some mocking comment about her new hair.  It was true, though; barely standing at 5 feet tall, Sunny did look oddly like a large fairy with her very blonde pixie cut.  Sooyoung was basking in the snort-laughs and added, "I guess Peter will be dropping by any second in search of you…"  Sooyoung studied her own baggy sweater and black slacks in an exaggerated air.  "Perhaps we should make ourselves more presentable."  

A small giggle escaped Yuri, much to Sunny's displeasure.  "Yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh."

"Actually," Yoona said slowly, a sideways smile curling on her lips, "I think some of us should make ourselves more presentable."  She nodded briskly in Sooyoung's direction.  "You would look beautiful in a dress, dear."  Sooyoung scowled.  "Oh wait…you don't have any," Yoona added dismissively with a wave of her hand.  "Too bad."

The tallest of the girls narrowed her eyes.  "Don't you have some kind of date to get to, dear?"

Yoona stood with a flourish, unintentionally taking away Tiffany's support and causing the girl to fall back, her head hitting the sofa cushion.  "Actually, I do."

It was Sunny's turn to snort.  "With whom?"

Yoona took a moment to respond.  "Not that kind of date.  Key and I are co-hosting today."

Seohyun sighed loudly and a few of the girls turned their gaze to her.  "He is such a sweet boy," she sighed dreamily. Tiffany nodded her agreement.

"And he can dance," Sunny chimed, plopping down beside Tiffany and folding her hands under her chin.

A slight smile had appeared on Yoona's face.  "He's nice…he hugged me once."

"He makes me laugh," Yuri chirped, grinning.

Sooyoung disbelievingly stared at her lot and shook her head.  "You're all idiots."

The girls ignored Sooyoung as Sunny continued, "Remember when he danced 'Genie' with us?" she asked Tiffany and Yoona, who both quickly nodded vigorously.  "I was so jealous, he danced right in front of Fany."

"Why would you be jealous of me?" Tiffany asked innocently.

Sunny shrugged. "His cute . You got the full view." Fany blushed and picked up her book, beginning to flip through it in hopes of distracting herself. 

Taeyeon stepped around the desk and seated herself beside Sunny.  "I'm glad he doesn't have that half-shaved Mohawk anymore.  So much cuter with his full head of hair," she commented, opening her notebook to a blank page in an attempt to begin rewriting her letter.

Sooyoung stuck a finger in and made a sickening gagging noise.  

At that moment Hyoyeon walked into the already crowded room, took one glance at Sunny, and then exclaimed, "Are you in your right mind?!"

"Don't waste your breath," Sunny squeaked, "I've already been called Tinker Bell."

Guessing which one of the girls had the nerve to do that, Hyoyeon looked over her shoulder at Sooyoung, who nodded, and then turned back to the girls. "Yoona, are you ready to go?" she asked, jangling her keys.

"Mmm?" she asked, having temporarily forgotten everything at the thought of Key.

"You're playing co-host today, remember?"

"Oh, right…"  Yoona pulled her white purse farther up on her shoulder.

"Don't make any blurbs!" Taeyeon exclaimed in her dorky fashion, fist in the air, obviously her idea of humor.

"Me? Blurb? 'More, more!'" Yoona playfully retorted with a laugh, quoting her roommate's sleep-talking phrase.  Unfortunately, it was only something Yoona knew of, and now she had just hinted at it in front of nearly the entire group.

Taeyeon's eyes widened and then quickly narrowed, her lip curling.

"More, more?" Tiffany quietly repeated as she laid imploring eyes on her sister.

"More Music Bank," Taeyeon quickly explained, turning red, her eyes darting back and forth between the inquisitive stares and the frightened Yoona.

Sooyoung snorted. "That's not what she means." Taeyeon shot Sooyoung a withering glance to which she submitted.

"Well, I think Yoona should get off to her date," Taeyeon squeaked hurriedly, standing and pushing Yoona toward the door.  "Break a leg!"

Stumbling toward the door, Yoona cast a look over her shoulder and waved. "You're looking at the soon-to-be Mrs. Key!"  <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter