Prologue: The Missing Sundress

Girls' Mystification
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prologue: The Missing Sundress

~~~~~  

It was the beginning of spring.  The morning sun was high and bright, the sky clear and the air crisp, the humidity perfect.  There was the slightest of breezes warmly wafting in the air.  Tiffany sat, reclined on her white-padded window seat, her face pressed to her open window.  The breeze against her closed eyes, gently blowing curls of her hair back, was absolutely refreshing.  

"Where is it?!"  

Tiffany's eyes flew open and she cast a sidelong glance at the closed bedroom door as she heard one of her band mates stomping down the hallway in a rage.  With her arm draped along the windowsill, Tiffany kept her eyes riveted on the door as she listened in on the frantic cries of her friend.  There was a muffled pounding and then the creaking of a door across the hall.  "Yul, have you seen my sundress?"

"No," the girl named Yul sleepily replied.  

"Didn't you borrow it?"

"Yeah."

"Then where is it?!" 

There was a slight hesitation as Yuri tried to recall what she had done with the dress.  Tiffany leaned forward slightly, straining her ears, afraid she might miss something.

"Seriously, Yul, you're the only one I loaned it to. Think hard."

"I loaned it…to Sooyoung. Didn't think you'd mind."

At hearing the name of her best friend, Tiffany eyed the sleeping form in the bed positioned alongside hers.  She smiled softly to herself as the figure slowly rose up and down with every breath.  Soon there was an urgent rap upon their own bedroom door.  "Come in," Tiffany called sweetly and the bedroom door swung open. 

"Hi, Fany," Yoona managed to say with a pleasant smile.  Then, with a flash of anger, her eyes flew to the sleeping mangle on the bed.  "Sooyoung! Wake up!" she shouted, grabbing the girl by the arm and shaking her violently.  

Sooyoung stirred and then mumbled a "go away" before rolling over in the direction opposite Yoona. 

"This is important!"

Sooyoung groaned and pulled her pillow over her head.

Amused, Tiffany raised a hand to her lips, willing her smile to vanish before Yoona caught sight of it.

Huffing, Yoona planted both hands on her pastel pink pajama-plaid hips, concocting some other plan to wake up the dozing Sooyoung.  Smirking evilly, she lifted the pillow—tossing it aside—and leaned forward, being careful to hold back her hair so that it wouldn't dangle in Soo's face.   just centimeters from Sooyoung's ear, Yoona yelled, "FIRE!"  The girl woke with a start, jolting bolt upright in her bed.  Finding her sight blocked by the raven hair splayed over her face, Sooyoung used both hands to pull it out of her eyes and looked up into the fuming nostrils of her waker.  Sooyoung grimaced and flipped Yoona the finger before falling back onto her bed, face hitting her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter