Onew VS Chin-Sun

10,000 Steps

It was a stare down.

Onew vs. Chin-Sun.

The prize? The last fried chicken wing on the plate.

Taemin was anxiously biting his nails, ignoring all attempts from Key to get him to stop. Jongyhun was smirking, mentally thinking about all the bets he wanted to say out loud. But it was Minho who had the strangest reaction of all.

His eyes, never leaving Chin-Sun, gave no indication of what his hand was about to do.

Quick as lightning, Mr. Flaming Charisma himself, snatched the last piece of chicken and gobbled it up. Onew stood up, a wordless cry escaping his lips as he pointed at his friend. Chin-Sun looked at him in shock.

“MY CHICKEN!” Onew cried mournfully. “Minho! You’re meant to be a brother to me! How dare you betray me like this?” In the background Jongyhun’s laughter could be heard...right up until the point where Key pushed him off the chair. Minho stared at his friend with a wordless expression.

The only girl in the group stared at the tallest male in shock. Not once had she seen him move until he started eating the last chicken piece. It didn’t matter to her that she had lost the contest, but then again, Onew hadn’t won either. “Taeminnie!” Chin-Sun whispered in unabashed awe. “Did you see how quick that was? That was awesome!” her twin let out a laugh, capturing the attention of Onew and Minho.

“How could you laugh at a time like this, Taemin?” Onew sniffed, his expression of betrayal never lifting. Taemin looked at his friend in horror.

“What? No! I mean, I was laughing at my sister! Not you!”

“LIAR!”

{}}{{}

She couldn’t help it. Every time she looked at Onew, well, she just couldn’t stop herself. Taemin’s stomach was the pillow of choice. Onew’s expression of pain and longing for his Chicken, even hours later, had Chin-Sun breaking down into a fit of giggles. Several times, while trying to muffle the sound on her brother’s stomach, she broke out into snorts. Naturally the others found it amusing.

Jongyhun’s new found game was to see how many snorts he could get out of one fit.

His current score rested at four.

The movie playing on the large television had been all but ignored for their new favourite game. But out of all honesty, Chin-sun had almost had enough. It was funny, no question, but her ribs ached at her bladder was protesting strenuously. Yawning, she got up from her position on the floor, tugging down her singlet.

She needed the bathroom, and she wasn’t going to look at Onew, no how. If she did, she’d dissolve in a fit of giggles, and perhaps no longer need the bathroom.  

The tiles were cool in the bathroom. Letting out a sigh, Chin-sun finished her business and washed her hands. The water was refreshing, bubbling over her fingers like a bubbling brook. Kneeling closer to the tap, she brought the water to her warm cheeks. Sighing in pleasure, Chin-sun grabbed the towel and pattered her face dry. Her reflection suddenly caught her eye.

The towel was slowly brought down as her dark eyes dulled in sadness. What was it about this face that had her parents so against her? Her fingers trailed along her cheek, brushing an errant tear away from her skin. Wet strands of black hair clung to her forehead. Her other hand wrapped around her stomach, trying to push her pain back deep inside her.

Being with her brother, this past real day, had been a dream. She had never felt so close to him, or had so much fun. But how much longer was it really going to last? A knock on the door shook her out of her thoughts.

“Chin-Sun?” her brother’s voice sounded through the wood. “Is everything ok? Key is starting to think you might have fallen in.”

Chin-Sun let out an amused laugh, shaking of the last of her funk. “I’m fine, just washing my face that’s all. Perhaps now I won’t laugh every time I see Onew, yeah?” The door opened and Taemin walked in.

“Are you alright?” he asked worriedly, closing the door behind him. “You’ve been very quiet this afternoon.”

Smiling at him softly, she walked over and gave him a hug. “Words cannot say how much being here means to me. I’m trying to be happier and shake what happened off. Bear with me until I succeed at it?”

Taemin hugged her back tightly. “I’ll always bear with you, no matter what is happening. I get to be the big brother around you, not the baby!” she rolled her eyes.

“Is that all I am to you?” Chin-Sun teased, poking out her tongue, “just a way to stop being the baby?” Her big brother ruffled her hair playfully.

“Yep.”