How Nice It Would Be

Poetry Collection

*** NOT A POEM!***

 

Background Music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqmAHuU9Y4 (must play! ^^)

Enjoy! :))

*******

Jang Mi Sun payed for the items and took the bag and left. Being able to buy things for herself was a relief after a strenuous 2 weeks of exams and another week of helping out at the nursery.

Her headphones were on and she was busy texting when she rammed right into someone. They both staggered and she dropped her phone and her headphones came off.

 

"Sorry! I wasn't looking." She apologised as she picked up her phone and checked for damage.

 

"Clearly, Mi Sun. That's a bad habit you have." A familiar voice made her look up and smile. Only one person called her that, her "adopted" brother Jinyoung. He's not actually adopted but they were that close.

"Shut up. You bumped into me first." Jang Mi hit his arm and he laughed. Jang Mi continued walking and Jinyoung followed her.

 

"So whatcha doin'?" He skipped next to her and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Jang Mi had placed her headphones around her neck and her phone in her pocket.

 

"Hunting birds. You?" She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

 

"Oh really? Me too. I even got some ducks. How cool is that?" Jinyoung indulged her. She laughed.

 

"I was actually shopping for some stuff. I also have to meet my friends soon. What are you doing here? Don't you have to be studying?" She replied.

 

"Actually, I've been studying for 2 weeks straight and half of last week. I also had to watch the twins on Thursday and Friday because Aunt Lea had to work late. So I am thoroughly exhusted and am running on pure will-power."

 

"Aww, you poor thing. You want something to eat?" Jang Mi felt sorry for him. He was always slacking off but as soon as he entered university, he's been working non-stop, in and out of school.

He smiled and nodded.

 

"Well then, let's get some lunch." She linked arms with him and they both walked to the food court of the mall.

***********After lunch, they began walking again.

 

"Ahh, I feel so much more energetic now." Jinyoung smiled and spun around a little ways in front of Jang Mi.

 

"Yes, food has that effect on most people." She replied sarcastically but still smiling.

 

"Shut up." He stuck out his tongue at her and she laughed.

 

"How old are you again?" She asked, folding her arms.

 

"6 and a half." Jinyoung held out 5 fingers. She laughed again.

 

"You really like to laugh don't you? In all my 4 years knowing you, I've never seen you smile and laugh this much ever. You must be really happy today." He returned to her side and smiled down at her.

 

"Yeah, I am. I do like to smile and laugh." She blushed a bit and smiled again. Jinyoung smiled as well.

 

***************

"What time were you supposed to meet your friends?" Jinyoung asked after a little bit of silence between them.

 

"At 3."

 

"It's 4 now."

 

"And guess who just texted me." Jang Mi replied, not missing a beat. Placing the phone to her ear, she answered.

"Hello?"

 

"I see you~"  Her best friend, Tae Hee's voice came through.

 

"Where are you, you freak." Jang Mi playfully retorted. Tae Hee laughed.

 

"Behind you, you moose."  Tae Hee said. Jang Mi hung up and turned around to see the rest of her friends walking towards her.

 

"I'm a moose and you arrive one hour late? Stupid." Jang Mi hugged Tae Hee and laughed. She greeted the rest of her friends the same way.

 

"Wait, where's Tia and Aron?" She asked after noticing her two close friends missing from the group.

 

"Where do you think?" Eun Hae replied and they all laughed.

 

"Hey Jinyoung." Tae Hee smiled at him as he stood a little ways behind Jang Mi. He waved back weakly. This didn't go unnoticed by Tae Hee and she smirked.

 

"Eun Hae, Jang Mi and SangJin! Come with me. We have business to discuss. Guys, can you meet us in the food court and if you see Tia, just tell her to meet us in the bathroom.  Thanks." Tae Hee grabbed Jang Mi's and Eun Hae's hands and left.

 

The boys were a bit bewildered but they knew that the mind of a girl is a strange place and one can never truly understand it so they set off for the food court.

 

******"Have you told him yet?" Eun Hae folded her arms over her chest and Tae Hee did the same. Jang Mi payed them no attention and focused on fixing her hair and straightening out her shirt.

 

"Yah! Jang Mi! We're talking to you." Tae Hee pinched her and Jang Mi swatted her hand away.

 

"If you don't say anything, I'm gonna and you're not gonna like it." Tae Hee likes to threaten people but only when it's for their own good.

 

"No!" Jang Mi spun around to face them, away from the mirror.

 

"Then say something." Eun Hae enunciated each syllable.

 

"I will. Just not now okay?" Jang Mi washed her hands and shook them dry.

 

"Why not? This may be the last time you see him for a long time and by then, he might've forgotten all about you. Why waste this oppurtunity? Sure it's a 50-50 chance that he may nor may not reject you but you have no way of knowing if you don't try." Tia in as she entered the bathroom. She was usually the level-headed one in the group that thought out everything. Jang Mi thought it out too but was usually too shy to act and Tae Hee and Eun Hae just did things because they like take risks and chances.

 

Jang Mi was silent for a moment. Then she sighed.

 

"Alright fine. I'll tell him. But if I come back in tears, it's your fault." She pointed to each of them. They smiled and nodded.

 

"We will take full responsibility. Do you have a plan on how you are gonna tell him?"

 

"Actually, yes I do. But I will need you all to keep watch. I'll tell you the details later but for now, be spies. Just don't be sneaking around corners and singing the mission impossible theme please." Jang Mi had to smile. Her friends were only trying to help her.

 

"Okay. We can do that." Tia replied and looked at the other two. They nodded.

 

"Thanks." Jang Mi responded.

 

"Now, who wants brownies?" Eun Hae asked as they exited the bathroom.

 

Three other voices shouted, "Me!"

 

**************As they whole group walked around, Jinyoung lagged just behind everyone else. Jang Mi noticed this and slowed down to walk beside him.

 

"You okay?" She asked, softly nudging his side with her elbow. Jinyoung looked at her and smiled and nodded.

 

"Liar." Jang Mi stared straight ahead and followed her friends as they entered different stores and browsed through them. Jinyoung chuckled and stared ahead as well.

 

"It's just that you fit in so well with them and they seem not to like me."

 

Jang Mi was silent for a while then she laughed.

 

"You honestly think they don't like you?" She asked. Jinyoung nodded like a child. She laughed again.

 

"You are sorely mistaken. They actually do like you but it's something that they have stuck in their heads. I'll explain that later but they do like you. It's just you're so quiet and anti-social, that they think you don't like them."

 

"Wow, talk about ironic." Jinyoung responded and laughed.

 

"Now, go socialize and not be selfish with your craziness." Jang Mi pushed him towards the boys and she walked over to the girls' section of the store where her friends were.

 

"Would you believe, he thought you all didn't like him. I said it's just this little complex in your brains and that I'll explain it later."

 

"Really?" Tia laughed and looked back at him, talking and laughing with the Aron, Yesung and Donghyun.The girls ended up each buying two outfits and some accesories and the boys bought a few shirts.

 

*********

 

It was time for Jang Mi to leave but she still needed to do one more thing.

 

"Jinyoung, can I talk to you?" She asked softly as they waited outside with everyone else.

 

"Sure Mi Sun." He didn't move.

 

"In private." She blushed a bit. Jinyoung blushed too but Jang Mi was too busy trying to keep her heart inside her chest. They walked to a different area but this didn't go unnoticed by the girls.

 

"Should we..?" Tia began to ask and Tae Hee shook her head.

 

"Leave her alone. We'll watch from here." She responded

 

It was lit by a light on the wall and fairly secluded. Jinyoung leaned on the wall and put his hands in his pocket. Jang Mi stepped closer to him.

 

"Lean down. I can't reach you all up there." She joked. He smiled and leaned down, closer to her.

 

"Now close your eyes, and no peeking." She said.

He complied and shut his eyes.

Jang Mi whispered in his ear,

"I like you." And then placed one hand on his other cheek and kissed the other.

 

She stepped back and began walking away but Jinyoung grabbed her hand. She stopped.

 

"Mi Sun..." He pulled her back in front of him and kissed her right on the lips. She was too stunned to react.

 

"I like you too and I would like you to be my girlfriend." He said softly as he pulled away. Jang Mi fought to keep the smile from her face but failed miserably.

 

"I accept." He smiled at her answer and hugged her tightly.

 

******

Tae Hee, Eun Hae and Tia squealed and jumped up and down.

 

"Finally! I thought they would never get together." Yesung said and threw up his hands in exasperation. Aron and Donghyun laughed.

 

"How nice it would be if confessing was this easy

How nice it would be if love was this carefree

How nice it would be if I could say this to you

How nice it would be if you would like me too "