Wandering Soul

Heaven's Written Promise [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 4: Wandering Soul ▬

 

Sungyeol felt his hand twitch as he gradually regained consciousness. His senses slowly came back to him and the first thing that he noticed was that he felt something soft brush against his lips. From experience, he could only surmise one thing and that this softness was from a kiss. The intensity of the kiss grew more passionate and at some point, it eventually became too passionate that he thought the person kissing him was going to chew his face up. Sungyeol moaned as his eyes slowly flapped open and at that moment, he was met with the deadliest glare you can ever imagine. L was staring at him and after a few seconds, that’s when it hit him.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Sungyeol immediately sprang up and wiped his lips as fervently as he could. He never liked having a stranger’s germs all over him, much less his face.

The menacing glare darted at him remained. “Finally. Took me two hours to get you out. Stop being such a pain in the , idiot.”

“Why the hell were you kissing me, you freak?! And with that much power?!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, still trying to get all of the Death Note kid’s saliva off of his lips.

“It’s your fault,” L shrugged and smirked. “You dug your own grave.”

“What?!” Sungyeol was beyond confused and he needed answers before his anger intensified.

“Didn’t I tell you to not mess up Mr. Kim’s life? Well, you just did and you were about to kill the man.”

“What are you talking about? He’s fine, see?” He said, pointing to himself.

L lifted a finger and shook it from side to side, cocking his head to the left and finally pointing to the direction behind Sungyeol.

Sungyeol turned around and sure enough, Kim Sunggyu was evidently right in front of him. However, the man was unconscious as he slept on the hospital bed with Minhyuk sitting worriedly beside him.

He froze. “Uh, what happened?”

“Lee Sungyeol, the man who does not know anything that happens in his life,” L started. “So let’s start off with the idea that humans need to survive, correct?”

Sungyeol nodded as L circled him with his notebook dangling from the tip of his two fingers.

“Well then, humans need food to survive, right?” he said matter-of-factly to which Sungyeol twitched.

Snap. I forgot to let him eat and he faints?

“Not necessarily,” L replied in a heartbeat.

“Huh?” Sungyeol scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He didn’t even say anything out loud.

“You said you forgot to feed him and that’s why he fainted.”

“Hold on. Can you read my thoughts or something?”

“It’s a given,” he shrugged. “But seriously, the guy drank his heart out last night so he needed to eat real food. Since you’ll be sharing his body, you’ll need to take that into consideration next time.”

“Wait. Then what was that thing that you did to me earlier?” He swiftly motioned his hand over his lips which made him shiver as he remembered the kiss earlier.

But his lips did feel nice. Oh my goodness. What am I saying?!

L crossed his arms and sighed. “It’s something that we, Angels of Death, have to do whenever we detect a soul harming a living’s body. It , as you can tell, but it’s in the rules.” He motioned to his notebook in hand.

Disgusting.

“‘Disgusting’ is right and I’m glad to hear that my lips are kissable.”

“Stop reading my mind!” The Death Note kid just smirked. Man, did that smirk tick the hell out of Sungyeol. “What am I supposed to do now?”

“Wait.”

“I don’t have time for that.”

“Well, that’s all you can do right now. Stay away from the man for a while and let him cool off. Then I can transfer you back there.”

“‘Transfer you back?’” The thought of the kiss emerged again and he instinctively blocked his lips with both hands as he shook his head. “No…”

L started walking towards the wall and waved a hand. “You really are such a simple-minded idiot. No, I don’t do transfers like that. I’ll tell you the process when the time comes.”

“Then where are you going?”

“To continue with my life.”

“You have a life? I thought you were dead.”

“Hey, do dead people not have lives? Look who’s talking.”

“Right. You have a point.”

“Of course I do.” L started to zip through the wall and before he fully went out, turned back around and smiled. “You’re currently what we call a ‘wandering soul’ so don’t go nuts when you can’t do anything for the next few days. Oh, and let me remind you again: don’t you dare get into any trouble. Bye!”

“Geez, what’s up with the cold aura?”

A knock on the door echoed through the room and Minhyuk stood up in an instant. Sungyeol followed closely behind him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter