I like you...too

A Gift For Donghae

 

After three hours of the typical rituals for a birthday that included a great bowl of seaweed soup that Donghae literally devoured, a toast with a very emotional speech by Leeteuk and Yunho, a huge three-stored cake and a naughty Eunhyuk that stamped the face of his friend against the bitumen when the fish was about to turn off the candles, finally it was the time everybody except Choi Sooyoung had been waiting for: the gifts.

It was then when the shikshin started to get really nervous, uncomfortable and a little scared. The distribution started by order of tables, each of the guests stood up, took his gift of the table and handed it to the birthday boy together with a good wish or a greeting. Fortunately, well, if it could be considered like fortune, SNSD’s table was one of the lasts, so Sooyoung still had some time before having to face the dancer, but that didn’t help to slow the huge pressure she felt in the chest...she had to get out of that room as soon as possible...

But between intending to get out of there and remain with her nervousness that was betraying her more and more every second, in the twinkling of an eye the turn of the girls to give their gifts arrived and Taeyeon, being the one sitting on one of the edges of the table, was the first who rose and walked towards Donghae to give him her boring "watch".

As soon as the leader gave her gift, an anxious Jessica stood up and took a package which had been left on the floor beside her and had gone unnoticed until now and almost running she reached the gifts table and caught another, somewhat more long and slim package. When she came across Donghae, with a huge smile on her face she said to him:

- Oppa, you're one of my best friends and I'm because I’m not a greedy person with my friends, I will give you two gifts – when she finished saying it they were all shocked and even saddened by the fact the rest had only bought him a single gift... and from a dark corner of the SNSD’s table, some big brown eyes full of jealousy and resentment seemed like they wanted to break through the brown-haired woman, who was not removing her own gaze away from the dancer.

- Wow Sica thank you very much – Donghae replied surprised and took in his hands the first long package, same that when he finished unwrapping was revealed in the form of an elegant black coat that looked angel-made.

- It’s an Armani - all the guests issued a collective ooh to hear that – I heard you liked to wear Armani, so I thought you would like it.

- Sica... wow... really thank you very much – Donghae was now a little overwhelmed to feel the softness of the garment between his fingers and, although it didn’t combine at all with his current outfit, he wore the coat in a jiffy. At least that was the most educated he could do in those moments to show his appreciation.

- And now the second gift – Jessica continued and gave him another box, slightly smaller than the first and rectangular-shaped – this is even more special –the girl ended increasing the size of her smile if that was possible.

- Wow what can be more special than Armani? – Donghae received the package and desperately opened it, revealing a beautiful glass showcase containing many objects of countless colors, forming between them all the image of a large, smiling fish surrounded by water.

Sooyoung had risen from her seat without noticing it, without thinking, just in the moment when she recognized her gift from afar. She couldn't believe it...she simply couldn't believe it... SO THAT’S WHAT SHE WANTED IT FOR!!  THAT HAD BEEN WAY TOO LOW! HOW DID SHE DARE?

- I did especially for you oppa – The brown-haired woman added with a singing tone and waited for the guy’s reaction, who seemed like suddenly he was in paradise, because the largest and most beautiful smile he had never outlined was formed in his face and it almost looked like he could grow up wings at any time and he would fly away from the house.

- Sica, you are extraordinary did you know? – The boy answered at last and leaving the gift for a moment at a nearby table, he hugged her tight and raised her some moments off of the floor –  it’s the best gift anyone have ever made for me, thank you.

That was it. That was the drop that spilled the glass. Sooyoung could not take it anymore. With hasty steps and without caring what the other girls began whispering to her, the brunette snuck the table and headed almost running to the back of the stay, an uncontrollable rage boiling in her stomach and a sharp pain across her chest while burning tears began to form in her eyes and her hands turned white by the effort that she was doing in them. She didn't wanna know anything else about the party and felt that if she didn’t get out of there at that very moment she would start to yell and rant like crazy, and despite the fact that she now felt very hurt towards Donghae, she didn't want to be responsible for a fight in what was supposed to be a celebration, so she only walked up to one of the many backdoors in the lobby and without stopping to think she opened it, finding the huge courtyard of the house, and shut  the door as silently as she could.

What the tall girl didn't realize was that as soon as she began to make her way to the door, some pair of eyes stopped observing a certain brown-haired woman and nailed to her, following each of her movements until she left the room, and could even perceive the overwhelmed expression her beautiful face had in those moments, making a slight gesture of confusion form in the attractive face of the pale boy.

As soon as the shikshin descended the stairs leading up to a large and beautiful meadow and sniffed at the purity of the air, she felt a little less stifled and she might think more calmly, although that not lessened the fact she was still raging as she had never been before. She wanted to go back and tear Jessica’s head off her body; she deserved it after all. But Donghae would be there also and she still cared a lot to make a good impression in front of him like to commit a murder in full birthday party. So all she could do was to swallow her pride, and for that she continued walking until her heels touched the soft grass that covered most of the floor, but suddenly she felt very uncomfortable with them and removed them sparingly as she watched around looking for a quiet place where she could sit and think.

Once she found it under a leafy tree that was slightly lit with some Christmas lights, Sooyoung moved towards the base of the trunk, without care too much that her dress could get dirty; she sat and supported her chin on her knees while her arms hugged her long legs.

And so she remained for a very long time, trying to soothe all the anger and resentment that was still in her interior, until little by little her toes, whose were hunched over tightly, slowly began loosening. But once the fury gave way, sadness began to seize her and without be able to hold back the tears any longer, Sooyoung left them running freely down her cheeks until they landed on her knees, occasionally a weak and plaintive sob escaping .

- Well, at least he loved the gift... so I think that in the end, it was worth all my efforts... Although I wasn’t the one who gave it to him – another sob and a strong hiccup followed Sooyoung’s words that were barely whispered to the silence of the night.

- That was your gift then? The one you didn't want to put along with others? – A sweet manly voice whispered almost as low as she had spoken, causing the girl to jump scared. She didn't expect someone to come out and see her in that state, particularly the young man who was the reason for her tears, whom was precisely the one leaning back against the tree where she was sitting, hands in the pockets of his pants and dropped head.

- Dong...Dong... h... ha... hae – was the only thing the girl babbled, opening her eyes inordinately, unable to believe Donghae was really there. In a clumsy way she tried to stand up and wipe the tears from her face, something fairly useless because even though he could not see her clearly, it was obvious to Donghae she had been crying.

- What... are... I’m sorry... I didn't mean to...sorry... – Sooyoung was still talking without any sense while trying to get up from the ground, but so much time sitting had achieved her feet to benumb so they didn’t react, and with a deaf hit she fell again on the floor and her hair got tousled, falling all over her face.

- Aish... really... – Donghae said in a voice very low and, crouching to stay squatted opposite her, he put one hand under her chin and gently lifted her face. Once both faces were at the same height, the boy began to remove the hair locks off of Sooyoung’s face with extreme care and subtlety, until he could clearly see how the huge and dark eyes the shikshin had were again full of tears to return the gaze.

- Donghae... I... I’m... sorry... I know you're angry with me because I don’t have a gift for you... I’m really sorry... – Sooyoung sobbed and closed her eyes, unable to see Donghae a moment more.

- Did you think I was going to get angry at you for that? You fool! – The dancer whispered amused and without notice he dropped to his knees and hugged her hard.

Sooyoung’s eyes could not be any more open and even though she tried to speak, the words could not leave , as if the contact with Donghae had removed her power to talk. Not hearing any protest from her, the boy continued – I have enough with the fact that you've come here for me and be so kind and tender to me, I really appreciate that Sooyoung shi... and besides, from what I saw inside, I think if you had a gift for me right?

Sooyoung separated from him a few moments to see him in the eyes and with total and genuine astonishment she asked – How did know it?

- It wasn't hard to guess. First, only you knew about my obsession with the fish candies and the fact that I love kids’ stuff...and the showcase really looks like a gift for a child – Sooyoung blushed too much when she heard this and looked at the ground for a second, before returning to see Donghae in the eyes when he continued talking – second, when you saw that Jessica gave me the showcase you stood up and couldn’t stop seeing Jessica as if you couldn’t believe it was true that she would give me that gift, and then you went out looking very furious but also very sad... and I thought that you don’t do that without any reason so something had that showcase that to make you react like that... and third... well... this is not to discredit Jessica... but she wouldn’t have ever done something like this for me...so I can blindly say she’s not the kind of girl who make gifts...she’s more of the type that only buys them and said she made them...

Sooyoung just nodded vigorously and a small pout formed on her lips, which earned a discreet laugh from Donghae. The guy finally separated from her and sat on the floor, right in front of her, apparently he also didn’t care at all that his impeccable white suit was going to be horribly stained and dirty.

- But what intrigues me most about this is – Donghae continued frowning slightly as he supported his chin in his hands – that if it was you who made the gift for me... Why did you give it to Jessica...?

- I DIDN’T GIVE IT TO HER! – Sooyoung defended herself – She took it from me! When she saw it in my room she grabbed it and threatened me that if I didn't give it to her she was going to deliver a very shameful picture of me to the press... and I didn't have another option...

- Mmm... Let me guess. The photo when you saw Siwon ?

- HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

- You're kidding? All SM Entertainment knows it... just that no one has revealed it because it would cause a great scandal.

Sooyoung couldn’t be more blushed. The huge shame she felt made her hide her face between her hands, trying to hide from the world, and as a result to it, she made a really funny sound, and a third laugh from the birthday boy rang around the courtyard.

- I really didn’t know this side of yours Soo... I didn't know you had so much aegyo... I like it…

If it was perhaps possible, Sooyoung’s cheeks turn in an even redder tone, which made her face seem a ripe tomato, and buried it in her arms without knowing what to do. For one part she felt relieved that now Donghae knew about her gift, but on the other part she felt embarrassed that he knew about Siwon issue, and she felt like dying when she heard the boy liked her unplanned aegyo. This was exactly the kind of situation in which Sooyoung simply didn’t know what to do.

- Sooyoung...can I ask you a question? – Donghae asked suddenly serious and the girl finally released her face.

- Having the chance to buy me anything as the others did...Why did you make a special gift for me?

- Eh... – the girl stayed blank. She could not answer the truth without leaving herself in ridiculous, but she couldn’t of any excuse, even if it was bad, that could dodge the question.

- Do you like me? – Donghae asked suddenly still with serious expression.

- EH? – Sooyoung opened her eyes wide; looking at the fish with huge surprise just as he slowly came close to her.

- Because something tells me that you wouldn't do this for anyone, even if they were your friends – the guy finished, staying a few inches away from her face.

- Dong... hae... I... eh... – the girl had lost the ability to speak and could only focus on the soft lips of the dancer, each second closer to hers.

- I´ll take that as a yes – were the last words Donghae said before kissing the girl with the greatest sweetness in the world, without hurry, without violence, almost imperceptibly. It seemed that Sooyoung’s eyes would jump out of their place anytime because of the tremendous awe she felt. Was it a dream? Because if it was, she was going to hit anyone who dared to wake her... but after a few moments that were eternal and at the same time very short, she realized it could not be a dream when his pale young hand pinched her cheek playfully and his mouth smiled to her affectionately.

- Thank you for the gift Soo...it’s really the best gift anyone has given to me – Donghae ended in a whisper while he went back to surround the thin girl with his strong arms and gave her a squish that caused her to drop a ridiculously funny moan.

- You’re welcome...oppa... – Sooyoung answered still in trance-like state when he released her.

- Hahaha... I should return to the party... when your desire to kill Sica have passed, you also should return – the fish boy said laughing as he got up and began his way back into the living room.

- Sure...I’ll do it... – the girl said absently, without having paid attention to a single word of what he had said. Her hand was gently touching her lips while her clouded mind was still trying to decipher what had happened.

- Oh by the way... would you like to go out with me this Saturday night? Maybe we can go to the movies or to a restaurant... – Donghae said coming back a little on his steps to watch the shikshin while she stood up.

- Do you...seriously...? – Sooyoung asked amazed, finally coming back to Earth but unable to believe what the guy said. Was Lee Donghae, the boy she liked for some time, inviting her to a datefor real?

- Yes seriously – Donghae replied laughing for the nth time to hear the disbelief in her voice – I never had noticed how special you are and I wish we knew each other more... only if you want, of course...

- YES, I WANT TO! – Sooyoung answered almost screaming.

- Perfect - Donghae happily giggled, and walking back quickly to stay in front of her, he approached her and whispered in her ear – I also like you shikshin...

Sooyoung almost faints upon hearing the Donghae’s words, but believing perhaps it was just her imagination that had spoken for Donghae, she yelled – What did you say?

- Pass for you at seven... – Donghae yelled back while he turned and took his way back toward the party – you should enter, it’s cold in here.

With a new blush in her cheeks, Sooyoung turned to put her huge heels back on while an extremely huge and happy smile climbed and installed in her face. So after all, the gift had taken effect, she thought. And with the sensation of the lips of the dancer still present in her own, she began to walk slowly toward the house, without be able to concentrate on the party, because only one thought was taking place in her mind: Donghae, her Donghae, her adorable kid who adored sweets for children, had just admit he also liked her... Ah...! Really... it was going to be a huge torture waiting for Saturday to come...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *dances to unheardable music*

So this is it! Time for comments!!!

Did you like it? Were you expecting the end? Should I close my account and do something else with my life because of how bad are my writing skills?? (please say no! XD)

Well, as always I hope you really liked it. It's all for you Shadows and dear readers out there!! <3<3<3

So...see ya soon in Come On Closer's final chap!! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/428438/ 

BYE!! n_n