A gift... A gift?? A GIFT!!

A Gift For Donghae

¿A shirt? No. ¿A watch? Neither. ¿A perfume? Hell no. ¿A necklace? Mmm…maybe, but she wasn’t fully convinced… ¡¿What else?! Absolutely nothing could reach her mind in those moments…

- ¡Aish! ¿Why is it so hard to pick up a gift for a guy? – Sooyoung asked herself messing her hair around very frustrated, while her feet kept on walking very slowly and with short steps along a very large hallway of certain mall in Seoul’s downtown, still with some hope that she could find some product between the huge object’s multitude of all kind that may be perfect to gift to the third younger member of Super Junior.

In those same instants, “Beautiful”, the solo song of the already said guy, began sounding muffled from the deepness of her purse, so when Sooyoung caught sight of the first compasses, she opened real quickly all the bags and pockets inside the huge purse looking desperately for her mobile. Once she found it buried underneath several sheets and other objects, she took it and immediately pushed the “answer” button so she could shush the melody. It wasn’t about she didn’t like that song, on the contrary, love is saying little in compare to what Sooyoung felt about that cool piece of music, but it resulted quite uncomfortable that the people that was passing around her and recognized her as the shikshin of SNSD turned around to look and stare at her with socked and even mocking eyes for the fact that her cellphone ringtone was the song of one of the Super Junior members.

- ¿Hello? – she answered the call in a low voice trying to pass unadvertised to the crowd that was also hanging out around the place, so she cornered herself in some lonely curve of the hallway.

- Unnie where are you? – An innocent Seohyun asked trough the speaker – we’re waiting for you to start with the rehearsal.

- The rehearsal! – Sooyoung scolded herself mentally. She had forgotten completely that she had to be at five o’clock in the dance studio to start to create a new choreography they were supposed to show in Music Bank next week – Seo what time is it?

- It’s fifteen after five – the young girl answered in a bit upset tone, now she was one hundred percent sure that Sooyoung had completely forgotten about the rehearsal even if she hadn’t say anything yet.

- Mmm…give me some other fifteen minutes, I’ll be right there – Sooyoung answered trying to make it seem like if she was actually doing something super important.

- You forgot about it right unnie? – Seohyun answered with a frustrated voice at the other side of the line.

- No! Of course not! I just couldn’t arrive in time, but I’ll be there in a second – Sooyoung lied.

- Aish…arasso. But please, don’t get late ok? – Seohyun finally answered catching up her unnie’s pretty obvious lie, but she didn’t actually wanted to argue with her on the phone so she didn’t comment anything and instead ended the call.

Sooyoung put her phone back on the purse not without putting it first in the mode, she didn’t want to have to search for it again and pass a huge humiliation when everyone heard Donghae’s sweet voice coming out from the speaker, some very big trouble could take place if that happened and after all, she was the kind of person that didn’t like to call for everyone’s attention on herself at least that it was on stage or in variety shows.

So with hurried steps she finished walking the very endless hallway in which she had been sneaking and eyeing around, but even if she was moving quickly, she didn’t forget to keep giving some light scans trough the crystal windows of the remaining stores, still trying to find, even if it already seemed some impossible mission, the ideal gift for the young man whose birthday was right around the corner.

Once she entered inside the studio panting and slightly sweating after that when she came down from the taxi cab outside the SM Entertainment’s building she started a wild and crazy race to the rehearsal room, Sooyoung found her band mates already dressed up with their sporty outfit and ready to start practicing. When they saw the brunette, they made several not approving sounds and getting up from the floor where everybody were seated they began asking with a slight annoyance in their voices:

- ¡Yah! Choi Sooyoung where were you!? – Taeyeon said, acting her role of an angry leader in a flawless way.

- Yes, I thought we had agreed about meeting here at five O’CLOCK – Tiffany protested and she stepped besides Taeyeon while she crossed her arms.

- We’ve been waiting for you for half an hour unnie – Seohyun finished the scolding, closing in this way the circle of “mothers” from which the auburn haired girl always received reproaches or reprimands in SNSD.

- I’m so sorry girls, I had some commitment I had to do – Sooyoung to the TaTiSeo while they got annoyed taking the same exact poses, which resulted actually very funny to watch.

- Oh yeah? – Taeyeon, who wasn’t that easy to be bought with the lie, asked her – and what was so important commitment if we can know?

- Eh…well…I had to…go to…the mall… - a slightly nervous Sooyoung answered.

- What for? – Jessica asked more confused than upset.

- Eh………ok I give up. Two days ago I saw this perfect blouse at some of the stores and I fell in love with it, so I had so buy it before anybody else did – the tall girl smartly lied, and apparently it worked because the others just made sarcastic sound and quickly went to take their positions in the dance floor to start with the choreography.

- Aish! Arasso…let’s start now – Taeyeon finally said finishing the interrogatory and she pulled Sooyoung by the hand to force her so she could take her belonging space as well.

During the entire practice, that actually lasted way longer of what they had planned because it took them a lot of time to coordinate themselves perfectly with each other, Sooyoung just couldn’t stop thinking in each and every single one of the objects already existents and about to exist in the universe that could be the ideal gift for Super Junior's fish, but nothing, absolutely nothing convinced her. Maybe it was because she refused to give him something that was common and easily forgettable, like she was sure the other girls’ gifts would be.

But Sooyoung wanted to give Donghae something he liked. No. Something he REALLY liked…something that made him smile in that wonderful way only he possessed and made the shikshin to occupy a special place in his heart. Why? Simple… Though she never showed it in public or in private, not even dared to confess it to one of their SNSD partners, Sooyoung felt a very strong, strange and unexplainable attraction towards Donghae, the kind of attraction that provoked every time he appeared in front of her eyes her hands started sweating and her stomach suddenly got filled with rebellious butterflies.

- Girls – Yoona exclaimed very excited once the other members finished changing their clothes as soon as the rehearsal was finally over – I think I don’t need to remind you Donghae oppa’s birthday is in three days – when Sooyoung heard the word “Donghae”, her head lifted itself up in Yoona’s direction – so…¿do you know by now what are you going to give him?

- I do – Jessica was the first to answer very proudly – an Armani coat that I found in some catalogue.

- Wow unnie that is really expensive – Seohyun answered shocked.

- I know, but because it’s for Donghae oppa it doesn’t matter – Jessica answered with a quite wide smile.

- I bought him a watch – Taeyeon added making a light pout – I honestly hope he likes it, you already know I have a horrible taste when it comes to men gifts.

- Aish really! Unnie never puts effort into get nice gifts for people at least that it’s for Teukie oppa – Yoona said mocking her leader while she arched her eyebrow in a suggestive way.

- YAH! Im Yoona take that back! – Taeyeon protested with a very resentful tone, but she couldn’t avoid a betraying blush that made all the way to her neck, cheeks and ears, winning for herself a few mischievous laughs from Sunny and Yuri – You two shut up as well!

- Hahaha, arasso, but you are going to have to admit it one day unnie…Teukie drives you crazy! – Yuri answered still laughing at the leader and she ran away when Taeyeon began hunting her all over the studio, threatening her.

- Girls, girls! That was not the theme – Hyoyeon said trying to calm down the situation by holding Taeyeon from her elbows so she wouldn’t spear herself again against Yuri – we were talking about the gifts for Donghae oppa.

- Ah! Truth enough! – A very ashamed and embarrassed Taeyeon answered getting out of Hyoyeon’s hold and trying to look as much normal as she could - ¿what are you going to give him Hyo?

- Mmm well, actually I was thinking about giving him a… - Sooyoung was no paying attention to the rest anymore, in fact, since a lot before Taeyeon began to chase after Yuri, Sooyoung had already got lost between her inner thoughts, suddenly feeling very disappointed and sad because all her partners, particularly Jessica, already had found a present for the guy…tough…if she thought about it carefully, it wasn’t really a surprise that the girl had put a lot of effort to get him such an expensive thing, after all, it seemed that Jessica also felt that kind of weird attraction towards the dancer, and unlike her donsaeng, she had absolutely no problems to show it.

- Soo!! – Jessica screamed unexpectedly making the called one got way too startled, coming out abruptly from her thoughts.

- Aish! Sica don’t scream you’ll get me deaf! – Sooyoung answered once her breathing finally came down to normal.

- Well then answer me when I’m talking to you! – she answered back a little upset – I asked you if you had already think what are you going to give to Donghae oppa.

- Ah…well…actually – Sooyoung stopped in the middle of her sentence, she couldn’t tell the truth to her partners, it would be very problematic – no…I haven’t think about it yet…

- Ha! I knew it! You really don’t get interested for any of the guys, actually you can barely remember our own birthdays…you know, maybe you shouldn’t gift him anything. I’m pretty sure he won’t get mad at you because of it given you two are not even that close – Jessica ended her speech in a quite arrogant tone that sank Sooyoung in a silent depression.

- Mmm…maybe… - was the only thing the tall girl dared to say before picking up hurriedly all her things and walk out the studio. She really didn’t want to keep listening to the interrogatory nor the “jokes” of her mates, so she decided to get back home early and take a little nap, maybe then some great idea could come to her mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Next morning, being now more relaxed but still without any good idea in mind, Sooyoung came down from the cab she took to get to the SM main building and she walked with her head low reaching for the door. For real, today was one of those days when Sooyoung kept thinking she shouldn’t have to wake up…she was very sleepy and it seemed that her body muscles didn’t respond well, so she had no strength or energy to do absolutely anything.

Thinking in some good excuse so she could skip today’s practice, she kept on walking that way until her head collided with some object in her way and she had to stumble back a few steps to avoid falling on the floor. As soon as she raised her head her cheeks blushed hugely when she caught sight of a sore Donghae touching his chin with his hand while he looked at her eyes with a confused expression, it seemed the girl’s accidental punch had landed on his jaw line.

- Oh! I´M SO SORRY DONGHAE SHI!! I´M REALLY, REALLY SORRY!! I wasn’t looking where I walked please forgive me – the girl kept repeating as she bowed repeatedly before him, wanting to get out of there as fast as possible.

- Ah, don’t worry Sooyoung shi, it was an accident – Donghae answered trying to make it seem like nothing happened, tough the expression on his face meant he was still a bit in pain – nothing happened, I’m fine really…

- Eh… are you sure? – The girl replied, unsatisfied with the obtained answer – because I can take you to the nursery if it’s necessary…

- Hahaha, don’t worry, I’m fine, for real – Donghae answered sending the girl’s way a cute sweet smile so she stopped worrying.

Sooyoung stood literally frozen for a few moments observing Donghae’s perfect face before she realized she had her foot over some small lump that was not part of the ground. When she turned her gaze down to see what it was, her eyes caught sight of this small blue candy that had the picture of a pretty fish in the wrap.

- Oh…! Donghae shi, is this yours? – Sooyoung asked picking up the candy from the ground and showing it to him.

- Ah…that…mmm…yes, that’s mine – Donghae answered looking ashamed and quickly he took the candy between his fingers and hid it in his jeans back pocket to leave it out of sight. Sooyoung couldn’t avoid letting out a teasing laugh: those candies were specially made for little children and she herself hadn’t seen one of them in a very long time, in fact, she didn’t remember to eat another one since she was like five years old. The fact that Donghae had one of those candies made her want to hug him like a little kid.

- Please don’t tell anyone that I still eat these candies…especially to my band mates – Donghae begged making a pout – they already consider me more childish than a baby, if you tell them they’re going to tease me all day and night forever.

- Hahaha, alright, alright, I won’t tell them…but tell me something…do you really like those candies? – Sooyoung asked, now with some slight curiosity hearable in her voice.

- Eh…well…actually…yes, I do. I just love them, I’ve eaten them since I was like four years old and I could never leave them – the boy answered as he scratched his head in embarrassment – why you ask?

- Mmm…simple curiosity – Sooyoung lied, some brilliant idea suddenly appearing and taking form in her mind – well, I’ll see you later Donghae shi.

And without waiting for an answer, Sooyoung ran very fast in the main door direction, her laziness and sleepiness completely disappearing, and she just couldn’t wait for today’s rehearsal to be over so she could go shopping…after all, she really had a lot of things to do now she knew exactly what was she going to give Donghae as his birthday present.

At eight o’clock at night, Sooyoung was back already inside her room in the department she and SNSD lived in, and after closing the door and lock it so her house mates wouldn’t bother her, she cleared her desktop and emptied the multiple bag’s content from the many purchases she made on it.

Piles and piles of colorful wraps and packages rolled above the desktop’s table, forming some kind of colorful candy rainbows that had the drawing of a really cute fish on them. After classify all of them by colors and separate them in little bunches, Sooyoung took out this sort of crystal container, same one that also resembled the shape of a portrait, a very weird portrait. She opened it to start working inside it, so with the major carefulness in the world and an infinite patience, she placed candy after candy inside the urn to form the figure she had planned, a very cute big multicolor fish with a huge smile on its face, surrounded by water.

Three hours later, she finished depositing the last candy on its place, weariness and sleepiness taking over her eyes and the rest of her body, so she finally closed the container and spent some seconds admiring her work. All her efforts had pay after all, she thought, the big fish was extremely cute and all sweets seemed happy to be there, because the wrappers flashed happily under the soft glow of her desk lamp. Now, if this was not the perfect gift for Donghae, Sooyoung really didn't know that else could it be. Happy about the sudden thought that assaulted her head in which Donghae radiated happiness to receive the gift from the girl, Sooyoung turned off her lamp and went to her bed, a huge smile drawn on her face, and covered herself with the blankets, embracing her pillow very strongly, imagining for a moment it had the Donghae’s face on it.

- Oppa... I really hope you like your gift and that you can see me as something more than just a donsaeng... oh, oh, oh, oh, oppareul saranghae... – she sang in a low voice before falling yielded in the arms of Morpheus, still with an expression of happiness on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------

The day before the dancer’s birthday, Sooyoung was once again in her room lying in her bed with her eyes closed, listening to music. She had wanted to do something productive in the house, but she felt so many nerves for the upcoming feast she could not concentrate on anything and ended up locking herself in her world of ballads that relaxed her and gave her hope that tomorrow would be a perfect day and everything would go fine.

- Soo do you know where are my slippers? I cannot find them anywhere – a high pitched voice suddenly sounded and Sooyoung snapped her eyes open at the annoying interruption. She had completely forgotten to put the lock on the door, and as always happened, some of her group mates entered without even asking permission, searching for something in her room or simply wanting to talk. This time was no exception and a confused Jessica stood on the threshold of the door trying to find her shoes.

- Mmm... no, I have no idea where they are - the tall girl answered trying with this to shoo her friend out of her room and let her continue to enjoy her music, but instead the other only stayed there planted still looking for her slippers with the eyes, until she noticed a colorful "frame" that rested on the desk of her mate.

- What is that? -Jessica asked with curiosity, approaching the desk to observe better the singular piece.

- What is what? -Sooyoung said without paying attention to her friend’s figure and instead watching the ceiling with nuisance, until she recalled the gift for Donghae was still in the same place where she had left it yesterday on her table, so she abruptly stood up to find out what was what Jessica was seeing, praying to all the gods it wouldn’t be the gift.

But yes it was. When Sooyoung’s eyes finally found Jessica, she had already taken the gift and meticulously examined it while she held it with both hands at the height of her eyes.

- It’s great! -Exclaimed the pale girl in her "sweeter" tone of voice - is it yours?

- Eh... Yes! – The taller of the two women immediately answered and extending her hands she tried to reach for the urn to remove it from the other’s hands, but when she saw this, she held the showcase away from Sooyoung's hands.

- Wait... do you have a picture frame with candy in form of a fish? -Jessica asked with expression of mild bewilderment that suddenly turned into a smug grin and then she spoke in a more high-pitched tone than usual – is it for Donghae oppa?

- WHAT? – Sooyoung almost screams by the impression that caused the words from her friend. How had she discovered it? Trying by all means to invent a quick excuse, she replied in a tone almost as sharp as her unnie’s – No! I bought that for me because I thought it was really cute...

- You sure? – Jessica arched an eyebrow demonstrating her disbelief, to which Sooyoung could only swallow saliva loudly – because this does not sound like the kind of thing that you find beautiful.

- Yes Sica, I'm sure - Sooyoung protested being defensive – The fact that you don’t know that such things seem pretty to me only demonstrates that you don’t know me well!

- Aish... arasso, arasso – Jessica finally surrendered, returning to examine every detail of the sympathetic showcase while Sooyoung was stirred uneasy instead.

- Would give it me to me then? – She asked suddenly embracing the gift not wanting to release it.

- WHAT? NO! – Sooyoung protested trying to recover the showcase – I bought it for me Sica, so why do you think that I would give it to you?

- Because if you don't, I will publish in a magazine the photo of your little accident with Siwon oppa, and neither of us want that to be known right?

Sooyoung was frozen in place for a few seconds. That had been a low hit. Jessica promised she never, never, never would reveal anything about what happened on that shameful day in which, BY ACCIDENT, she had the misfortune (although well, she couldn’t complain much, if she was honest with herself) to see Siwon completely ... but that was a thing of the past, so now the fact that she threatened her just that slightly began to scare her seriously.

- Jung Jessica, you wouldn’t be capable – Sooyoung whispered narrowing her eyes to look at her "friend" with menacing expression, although she herself was actually the one who felt completely helpless and threatened by the older woman.

- Try me then – she simply replied, and Sooyoung was dying. She perfectly knew when Jessica Jung was put on try, or people made a challenge to her, there was nothing that she wouldn't be able to do for the simple proud to say to them "I told you". The tall girl felt more and more hopeless, and as much as her brain struggled to find any solution to her dilemma, she just did not find any. So, with her head down and biting her lower lip to avoid shouting, she said with the more resentful voice she was able to speak:

- Okay... take it...

- Yei! – the older of the two gave small jumps with joy holding even tighter the gift against her chest, and with a smile of unpleasant sufficiency, she turned around and came out still giving smug jumps – Thank you Soo-saeng!

When Jessica’s steps got out of sound, Sooyoung crossed with heavy large steps the short distance to the door, and with an unusual aggressiveness, pushed it with all her strength, closing it with a scandalous noise, but honestly she didn't care at the time. Once she put the lock on it, this time making sure that no one else would dare to interrupt, she her steps and fell down on the bed with her face against the mattress, screaming against her huge pillow to muffle the sound while she punched it desperately as a five-year-old girl, without caring at all the mess on the bed, or how she threw her stuffed animals to the ground.

- Argh! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY FORGET TO LOCK THE DAMN DOOR? AISH! I HATE YOU JESSICA JUNG! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AH!!!!!!!!!!

After fifteen minutes of doing endless tantrums and pouting, Sooyoung finally surrendered and turned around, with her back against the mattress and watching the ceiling filled with fluorescent figures; rage and resentment now being gradually replaced by despair and sadness, until, not being able to contain it for longer, a very light sob escaped and salty droplets sprang from her eyes and ran faster across her temples, falling into the fluffy and wrinkled blanket.

- ... I’m sorry Oppa. I'm really sorry. I have lost your gift and I can’t make another one like it because I don't have time anymore... - Sooyoung whispered between sobs nailing her eyes to the figure of a cute located almost in the center of the roof, next to the spotlight – I really wanted to see your happy face when you unwrapped the gift and you saw your favorite sweets... ah... I’m truthfully sorry oppa.

Without even moving to clean up the tears covering her face, Sooyoung slowly fell asleep in that position, all the illusions she had now been broken and her hope to make Donghae happy, destroyed...

------------------------------------------------

Yeah I know! You hate me for not uploading this since October....I hate myself too if that eases your grudge...

But anyway!! (lololol) Here it is!! The first part of the two-shot!!

In a few hours I'll update the second and final...but for now...read the intro!!! And comment please, even if it's just to hate me!!! >.<