Chapter 2.

Mischievous Kiss

    When Sooyoung reached the vending machine, she stopped and smirked. She placed her head onto the glass of the vending machine, while using her fist to hit against the glass. A hollow sound echoed from it, and satisfied, she grinned. Then, she walked a few metres away from the vending machine, preparing herself. Sooyoung then advanced towards it and kicked the vending machine, hard. 

    Krystal stared in shock as her drink popped out. Then, after she got over her shock, she bent down and took the drink. Sooyoung then marched back to her table, her hands in her pockets as she high-fived with Yoona and Taeyeon. Krystal then strutted back to her table, and sat down in a lady-like way, before turning her head slightly back and calling out, in a rather rude, hesitant way, "Thanks."

   Just then, Hyoyeon whispered, " You know, in the senior mid-term exams, Key Oppa got first place. Again."

   Krystal giggled. "Is getting first place the big deal? It's the fact that he got a perfect score - 500/500!"

   Yoona, who could not help but eavesdrop, quietly told her friends, " What? Kim Kibum got 100% again?! Is he even a human?"

   Sooyoung started to zone out. Gazing at nowhere in particular dreamily, she said, " He isn't human. He's a spirit. 'Spirit Of The Forest'. That's what I call him." Sooyoung smiled as she remembered her dream of Key and herself in the forest. Taeyeon and Yoona gazed at her weirdly.

   Then, Sooyoung continued with her dream. "Ah, so I was telling you, I was following this white horse, and then it disappeared and suddenly appeared! Really... how should I say this? Uh... It's the kind of beauty you want to take a bite out of!" Taeyeon stared at her, wide-eyed. "Take a bite?!" Taeyeon said incredulously.

    Sooyoung clapped her hands. "That's when I realised what a vampire must feel like." Thinking, she continued, "Ah! Maybe, just maybe... in the beginning, the vampires were like that too! The neck of the girl he loved was so very white and so very beautiful... he had no choice but to bite her!"

    Taeyeon and Yoona sighed at their friend's foolish imaginations. "Really, Sooyoung, just take a bite of this chicken drumstick!" Yoona said, forcing the drumstick into Sooyoung's mouth. Sooyoung jumped back, "Hey! I'm not making this up!" Sooyoung protested.

   "Okay, just eat this! Bite this, here, and here!" Yoona continued to say, forcing the drumstick into Sooyoung's mouth again, while Sooyoung hit her arm away, as if chasing off a fly.

 

        And at that moment, Kim KiBum arrived at the cafeteria.

       As soon as Sooyoung saw him, she felt her body become rigid and she froze.

       As usual, many girls were following him, screaming, " It's him! It's him! Oh my god, Kim KiBum, Saranghaeyo!"

       Then, Key turned around - and faced Sooyoung.

        Sooyoung, who was initially peeking at him, immediately turned around, staring at her food. Her stomach was filled with butterflies. "Could it be... that he is... walking to me?" she thought. Just that thought made her insanely nervous. She with her food nercously, but Key just walked past.

       Sooyoung could not help but feel disappointed. But as she looked at him again, she noticed that he had just placed a coin into the vending machine, and was about to buy a drink. As he was choosing his drink, Krystal held her own drink  in her hands and slowly walked towards Key.

      "Key Oppa." She said in a loving voice. Key turned around and faced her.

        Krystal gave a confident smile, "You can have this." She said, holding out the canned drink to him. "I just bought it."

      Key ignored her and went back to focusing on the vending machine, then he chose his drink. Sooyoung smiled, and thought," Luckily he has a cold personality, so he won't be snatched away easily, but ... oh, he's not even mine."

      As the vending machine was spoilt, nothing happened. Krystal giggled girlishly , then said, " My mom told me to tell your mom that she says hi."

      Key looked at her again in confusion. "I'm Krystal. Jung Krystal." She said while flipping her hair, "My mom and your mom are close."

      Key turned around again, uninterested. Then, he kept on pressing the buttons of the vending machine repeatedly and agitatedly.

      Krystal frowned. " Omo, it's not working again!" Then, she called out, " Sooyoung Sunbae! It's not coming out!"

      Sooyoung immediately turned around to glare at Krystal. Then, Key turned around to face Sooyoung expectantly, while Krystal said, " That's the sunbae who helped me get this. Sooyoung sunbae, hurry up!"

      Sooyoung gulped, then clenched her fists in anger. "What the heck? She's just trying to make me look like a fool in front of Key, haish, really, this girl!" She thought angrily. Sooyoung got up from her seat shakily, while Yoona and Taeyeon looked at her with incredulous and awed looks, while Krystal pulled Key away from the vending machine. Sooyoung then walked towards the vending machine unstabily, like she were about to fall. Then, she started her usual routine, of putting her ear against the vending machine and knocking it with her fist.

      With a worried look on her face , she went away from the vending machine, then took a deep breath.Then, she kicked the vending machine, and Key's drink popped out.

     Key looked at his drink, a little bit surprised. Then, he looked at Sooyoung, while Sooyoung quickly turned her head away, embarassed.

    "Why did I do that?" She angrily thought to herself. "Now he thinks I'm a freak." Krystal smiled, then bent down to help Key take his drink. "Here you go, Oppa." Krystal told Key while handing him the canned drink. Key continued to stare at Sooyoung for a few seconds, before shrugging with an uninterested look, retrieving his drink and walking away. Krystal shot Sooyoung a dirty look befor going off with Key, while Sooyoung stood there, biting her lip.

      Krystal said, " Oppa, you got a perfect score this time too, right? Wow, you're the best!"

      Yoona grunted, dissatisfied. "SooYoung ah!" She called out.

      Sooyoung's eyes nearly bulged our of its sockets. That was Yoona and Taeyeon's way of helping Sooyoung get attention - and Sooyoung hated it.

      Taeyeon grabbed Yoona's arm to stop her, but Yoona continued to shout, " CHOI SOOYOUNG! CHOI SOO YOUNG! CHOI! SOO! YOUNG!"

      Key, feeling that the situation was a little weird, turned back to look at Sooyoung. Sooyoung turned around again, her hopes rising as Key walked towards her. She bit her lip, thinking that Key would thank her.

     But...

      Key walked towards the vending machine, and took his change. Then, smirking at Sooyoung, he left.

      Sooyoung continued to stand there, in a daze, and in disappointment.

 

     ~ Later in Art Class~

       "Haish! Pabo! Pabo!" Sooyoung scolded herself. Yoona sighed, and went to sit beside Sooyoung. "That's why, you should just confess!"  Yoona told her.

       Sooyoung thought about what Yoona said, then questioned, "Confess?"

       Yoona rolled her eyes. "We're going to be graduating soon. How long are you going to be like this?"

       Sooyoung clapped her eyes and felt hopeful. "Ah! That's right, it's because I didn't confess! Since he doesn't know how I feel, that's why he can't express himself towards me!...Because he's shy." Sooyoung smiled.

      Then, Taeyeon picked her phone up and began to type. Yoona, being curious, asked, " What are you looking up?"

      Taeyeon replied, "I'm looking up the word 'shy'."

       Sooyoung, not listening said, "Alright. I got it. I'll confess in a wonderful way... But how should I do it? I want it to be very impressive."

      Just then, a scary-looking face popped out, scaring both Sooyoung and Taeyeon. "How about this? "My precious KiBum, I love you." Sooyoung and Taeyeon sighed in relief when it was just Yoona wearing a mascot head. Then, Sooyoung said, "Oh... that's not bad..." Yoona immediately took off the head, an angered look etched on her face. "Not bad?!" She told Sooyoung. "What the heck?!"

      Then, Sooyoung asked Taeyeon," What are you looking up?"

      Taeyeon replied," I'm looking up the word 'Not Bad'."

      Sooyoung rested her head on the table."Don't you have any good ideas?" she asked Taeyeon. "You read alot of books..."

      Taeyeon thought for a moment, then said, "When animals confess, they dance."

      Sooyoung asked, "Dance?"

       Taeyeon nodded, proud of herself. "Fish, birds and penguins too... and even drosophila. They all dance... the ... the "Love Dance"."

       Sooyoung thought again. "Love Dance?" She asked.

 

       Then, Sooyoung began to daydream. Again.

       She was wearing a white dress, and getting ready to dance. The moon was shining above her, and she began to dance. Behind a tree in the woods, Key appeared in a white suit, and was immediately entranced by her dancing. As Key appeared, she smiled. Key then reached out a hand, asking to dance, while she accepted. She jumped onto his arms and suddenly...

       With that great strength of his....

       he threw her away!

        Sooyoung snapped out of her daydream.

       "Haish... eottokhanayo? (What do I do)?" Sooyoung mumbled to herself as her eyebrows began to furrow.

 

 

     ** Heh, it's a lame chapter, I know... T.T I'm so sorry, but i promise it'll be even more interesting!!! ^^