Chapter 4.

Mischievous Kiss

   ~~ In Sooyoung's Dad's noodle store (So Pal Bok Guk Soo)~~

       While humming a lively tune, Sooyoung's father was preparing a bowl of noodles for his customers as Sooyoung took down the customers' orders and waited them. It had always been this way, ever since Sooyoung was thirteen.

     "Bill, please." A man, wearing a business suit, called out as he walked to the counter. "Oh, okay!" Sooyoung replied, rushing back to the counter. "Enjoy your meal!" Her dad called out to another man who had just received the bowl of noodles. Sooyoung's Dad smiled when he saw Sooyoung working hard to serve the customers.

  ~~ After work~~

       Sooyoung's Dad had a unique way of keeping the noodles. Noodles were like his treasure. He hung them up to dry and they looked like curtains. Playing with some of the hung noodles, Sooyoung shyly went up to her dad. "We can let them dry all night!" Her dad chuckled. "Then we can take them down tomorrow."

       Sooyoung replied, "I've even seen you do this since I was a baby."

      Her dad continued to laugh and talk, but none of it went into Sooyoung's head. All she could think of was how to confess to Key.

      "Dad..." she started to say.

      "Yes?" He asked, curious.

      "Dad, how did you show your love to Mom?"

       "Show my love?" Her dad asked, incredulous.

       "I mean, as in confess..." She said.

        "HUH?" Her Dad said.

        "I mean, uh... Dad, you know my friend uh.... Tae Yeon, right?"

        "Yes." Her dad replied.

       "Well, she came to like someone... and she's wondering how to confess to him..." Sooyoung lied.

        "Oh... Ah, You see, back then my car was a complete piece of trash. I took your mom in this car, and we sped all around the city! Eh? It felt like the car was going to flip over and the tires were about to fall out. Your mom asked me, "Are you crazy?!" She screamed, telling me to let her out."

        "And then?" Sooyoung asked.

        "So as I drove the car, I yelled right back at her, "Do you want to date me or do you want to just die with me?!""

       "So... she said she's going to date you?" Sooyoung asked.

       Sooyoung's dad's face turned grim. "No." He said. "Your Mum said," Do you want to die?! Stop joking around!" "

---SILENCE---

      Sooyoung turned back. " What is this?" She told her dad, disappointed.

      Sooyoung's dad smiled. "Sooyoung, but later on she told me, that she had fallen for me at that point.

     "REALLY?" Sooyoung asked as she let her imagination run wild.

 

~~ Sooyoung's Imagination ~~

    Key was running, running for his dear life with a look of fear and panic on his face. Soon, he was surrounded. There was no way out. Sooyoung and her gang started walking towards him, clad in black. They were in an alley, so it was hard for Key to look for a way out.

    "Hey Kim KiBum..." she threatened, staring daggers at him.

    "Do you want to date me... or... do you want to die?" She questioned, causing her gang to burst out laughing.

    Sooyoung smirked. "There is a coffin over there..."  she said as she pointed to a coffin behind Key. "Do you want to be buried?"

    Key looked at her, then at the coffin. He slowly made his way to the coffin, while Sooyoung stared in confusion.

    He then began to lay himself in the coffin, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, silently saying farewell to his family.

    Sooyoung stood there , hung agape in shock... and a sushi landed in .

 

 ~~Back to reality~~

     Sooyoung munched onto the sushi that her Dad placed in . Her dad chuckled again, looking at her bewildered expression.

     "Surely... when you're confessing... A thought out letter works best." Her dad told her.

     "Letter?" she questioned.

     "Yeah! Something like... a ... a love letter."

      Upon hearing that, Sooyoung stood up immediately, a bright smile plastered on her face.

     "Dad!" She said, grabbing her bag, "See you at home later!"

      "Good work!" she shouted to the workers, who waved goodbye to her.

      "Hey Sooyoung ah! Clean your room!" Her dad shouted.

      "Aigoo." Her father laughed at her  silliness. "Did she find a crush?"

     

 ~~The Next Day in school~~

    As usual, Key opened his locker before class started, only to find a note dropping out of it and onto the floor. Curious, he bent down and picked it up. He read it, but there was no emotion on his face. He shoved it into his bag and walked away, closing his locker.

   During recess, Sooyoung, Yoona and Taeyeon was resting on the couch, but Sooyoung was restless. "What does he think of my letter?" she wondered. "Will he laugh and throw it away? No, he won't be so heartless......"

   "Still no reply?" Yoona said.

    Sooyoung nodded.

   "You wrote your name? Taeyeon asked.

    Sooyoung nodded.

   "And your phone number?" Yoona asked.

    Sooyoung sighed and nodded. "But I don't think he will call..." Sooyoung stated.

   "Well, you'll never know. There's always texting." Yoona told her.

    "Maybe he didn't see it yet?" Taeyeon tried to make Sooyoung happier. "Oh!" she said.

   Sooyoung and Yoona immediately turned around, and saw Key walking towards them.  With, of course, a whole bunch of girls behind him.

   "He's coming this way!" Taeyeon said.

   "What do I do?" Sooyoung said, suddenly afraid.

   "Did he see you? He might be here for you!" Yoona said, excited.

   Sooyoung suddenly gained confidence and peeked from behind Yoona, but Key barely glanced at her and turned, walking up the steps. Yoona sighed, disappointed. "Maybe he didn't read the letter?" Yoona said. "Or maybe he didn't see Sooyoung?" Taeyeon said. With that possibility, Yoona began to shout, "Sooyoung!! Choi Sooyoung!! Choi Soo Young!!" Sooyoung tried to cover but failed, and Key stopped walking up the steps. "CHOI SOO..." But she stopped as Key looked back at them. Sooyoung, embarrassed, sat with her back facing Key, hoping he would just go away. Yoona then shouted, leaning towards Sooyoung. "Sooyoung ah! Choi Sooyoung!"

  By now, Key just turned and walked up the steps again, uninterested.

  "Oh... Ha... HAISH!" Yoona said. "He's just leaving?"

    Sooyoung felt a tinge of disappointment. Taeyeon was definitely not sattsfied. Although Taeyeon was shy, she knew it was for her friend"s sake.

  "Sooyoung ah!" she shouted, causing many girls to glare at her as they knew that she was just trying to get Key's attention. " Choi Sooyoung! CHOI SOO YOUNG!" "Leave it. Stop."Sooyoung scolded them softly, agitated.

  "Choi Sooyoung?" Key's voice reverberated around the canteen. Shocked, Sooyoung turned around to face Key, who was on the second story looking down. "Are you Choi Soo Young?"

  Sooyoung nodded while Yoona and Taeyeon exchanged glances with each other. Then, Key walked down the steps again. "He's coming, he's coming, he's coming!"  Yoona chanted.

  Just then, Krystal walked in. "Oh, Oppa!" she greeted. But, Key just brushed past her. "Where is he?" Sooyoung mouthed to Yoona  and Taeyeon but they did not reply.

  Then, Key walked towards SooYoung and stopped in front of her, handing her the letter.

  Sooyoung could only feel blissful and happy at that very moment - nothing else.

 

 

 

 

** Author's Note : Omona, another chapter done! Thank you to all my subscribers out there, Thank YOU!!!!

I just realised that my foreword sounds boring as I did not really mention everything...... >< I'm gonna change it now... :PP But... I also want to keep people in suspense... Haish eottokhe??

ANYWAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD 

*Gives each of you a lollipop* !! :PP :DD