Chap 17

Complicated Love Web

Daehyun’s POV
 

I looked at her, nodding my head.

“So that was why you were so stressed up just now?” I asked.

She nodded.

“I hope you’ll be better when they get back later, both of them stomped out of the house.” I told her.

She nodded, and I walked out the room.

-3 hours later-

Eunmi’s POV

I heard them coming back, so I went downstairs. Daehyun had already ordered dinner and we all sat at the dinner table. I sat beside Daehyun, and I was directly opposite Chunji. We all kept quiet during dinner, until Chunji spoke.

“I’m sorry.”

 “I shouldn’t have forced you to make a choice. I’m sorry.” Chunji said, while looking down.

I kept quiet.

“Yah, you aren’t really angry, are you? I’m sorry!”Chunji apologized again, yet I ignored him again.

“Eunmi-ah, are you really angry?”Changjo asked

I ignored him, finished my dinner and went back into my room. Why would I not be angry?

I lay on my bed, looking through my phone and the pictures that we all took together through this short but fun time. I closed my eyes, held my phone close to my heart and sighed.

“Are you okay?”Chunji stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

I just looked at him come in, and then continued to scroll down the picture gallery on my phone again. Suddenly, I pressed on a picture accidentally. It was an edited picture, of the four of us. The caption wrote: Once, we used to be distant. Now, we’re like an inseparable family. I looked at it and then at Chunji. He sat on the floor, and looked at me.

“What do you want to say?” I spoke finally, sighing.

“I felt threatened, by Changjo, by the fact that you might be choosing him at the end, by the fact that I would lose you to him. I’ve worked hard for so long, and I wouldn’t just let him take away what I’ve worked so hard to gain, your trust and I wouldn’t let you choose him. I’ll prove to you that I am worth your choice.” Chunji spoke from the bottom of his heart.

“I’m sorry, for letting you wait. I don’t want to see you two fall out during the holiday. I want to have fun like we’re a family, like an inseparable family.” I spoke as I showed him the photo.

He nodded and held my hand.

“I’m sorry too. Really.” He squeezed my hand.

Daehyun then called us from downstairs

“YAH! Finish your dinner! I ordered this for all of you and this is what you do to me? Ungrateful people! I’ll never buy dinner again!”

Chunji and I laughed, then went down to finish our dinner, which DAEHYUN BOUGHT. Changjo was diligently eating, because I presume that he got lectured pretty badly by Daehyun while Chunji and I were upstairs.

“Eunmi! You’re smiling now! That’s great!”Changjo looked at me, then cheered.

I laughed at the silly Changjo and nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few days, we had fun like a family would. We went to Disney Sea, shopping, and today was our second last day In Japan. Tomorrow, we would take the morning plane back to Korea for that very prom night. The night I really looked forward to. The night that seemed so special yet scary as the outcome was unknown.