3

Catching Fallen Stars

You walked into the classroom to find most of the other students already surroung by desks chatting with one another. Normally you would ignore them and you did. Except they were all staring at you.

 

You walked into the classroom with Lay, you realized that's what they were starring at. You quickly ofund your seat and sat down, self consicious of yourself because everyone was looking at you and Lay. Lay knew they were starring but didn't care. He came to sit at where you were sitting. "Hey ,don't get so caught with everyone. They'll look away in just a second."

 

As if his words were magic, all the students began talking again, breaking the awkward silence and stares at you. You sighed in relief.

 

Lay touched your shoulder. "So my number is 0182936298 if you ever want to talk to me. You starred down at your desk, spacing out. "Hey!" Lay tapped your shoulder again,"Is something wrong?"

 

"Nothing"

 

"Uh okay then. You know I'll be sitting next to you for the whole day if you ever want to talk to me too. Just saying..." He glanced nervously at you before putting his schoolwork and books on his desk. You kicked your feet absent-mindedly. "Why was everyone so surprised when me and Lay walked in together?" you thought.

 

At lunch Lay invited you to sit at his table. Bunches of soccer players were already next to him like Lu Han and Xiu Min, the school jocks. The captain of the basketball team was also there whom you recognized as Kris, one of the most popular people at our school. Lots of the other faces sitting around Lay were new faces you had never seen before.

 

Before you could refuse Lay's offer, he took your hand and led you to his table. Surrounding by guys, not to mention the most popular guys at school made you feel slightly insecure but you soon overcame that small insecurity. After all, you knew you didn't really care about others and what they thought about you. Except for maybe one person...Lay.

 

Lay glad you his reassuring dimple smile as he turned to  his friends and introduced them to you and introduced you to them. The whole thing was very awkward but you felt better after getting to know some of their names. Lay smiled as he saw you chatting with Kris about Canada and the states. Both of you had lived in North America for while before moving to Korea and you obviously having fun talking to him about different actor and actresses there.

 

After school, Lay walked besides you while heading past the school gates to go home. His hair shone when the sunlight cast upon him. "So how was it today?" he asked you with a mix of curiosity and happiness, "It looked like you were having fun with Kris."

 

"I was just chatting with him and I could tell that he was the one who tried harder to make the conversation keep on going," you said bluntly.

 

"Oh," Lay huffed out, feeling sad yet relieved. Silence pasted as you two walked onward to both of your houses. Suddenly, Lay's abrupt voice echoed through the deserted street, "Let's go! I'm taking you shopping!"