III. The Honey Bread

Confusing Me: "Luhan's Hobo Style"

 

 

III. The Honey Bread

 


 

You bite your bottom lip and concentrate all your energy on the honey bread Kris has offered to the three of you. You're the only one interested though.

 

Sulli is still panting in Suho's face, and Suho is on the verge of tearing himself away from his seat and running out the bar.

 

The honey bread is impossible to cut. It probably isn't edible. You feel like you should apologize to Kris for failing to break the warm stone bread when in fact, Kris is the one who can't cook.

 

Ah. Success. Finally.

 

Now, you just have to put it in your mouth and chew, but you're sweating like a pig from just sticking a knife into the thing. You look up and find Kris staring at you from behind the counter, urging you to eat his cooking.

 

Heat flush into your cheeks at the thought of such a handsome man watching you, and you drop your gaze back at the hard piece of honey bread. You know he's still observing you.

 

You glance over at Suho and stupid Sulli. Suho has caught onto why you are so hesitant to stick the darn honey bread into your mouth. You figure Suho had been forced to try Kris's cooking in the past.

 

Hwaiting, you can do it, is what it seems like Suho is saying to you in his head.

 

When is Luhan coming?

 

The door to the bar opens and your savior enters. The familiar golden brown haired boy dusts off the snow that has gathered on his body.

 

"Oh my gosh," you hear Sulli panick behind you.

 

"Stop holding up the line. Go in, Luhan." Behind him, the tall man from earlier urges Luhan to hurry into the warm building. Actually, behind him, there are two other figures complaining and kicking the snow off their feet.

 

"Uh, Chanyeol." Luhan doesn't go in and instead pauses at the sight of you sitting comfortably in the bar.

 

Wanting to scold him, you frown in his direction and shout, "You're late--"

 

"What is she doing here?" The boy asks the taller boy behind him.

 

"What?" Annoyed at his lack of recollection, you throw the hard piece of honey bread at him who instinctively catches the rock in midair before tossing it on the floor. You half-expected it to leave a dent on the floor, but luckily, it doesn't.

 

From the corner of your eyes, you spy Kris and Suho oogling at the boy in disbelief. Then, Kris cooly returns to drying the cocktail glass behind the counter. Suho is the one who speaks up. "You're the one who asked us to invite her here because it's cold outside."

 

Luhan releases a silent 'ah' before being pushed further inside by the three bandmates.

 

"Hyung, it's called bad manners to serve your cooking to our guest." The tall boy grinned, rushing up beside me and taking a seat next to me before any of the other members could take a seat.

 

The other two and Luhan walk towards your table, and you find it curiously too quiet.

 

Sulli.

 

You turn to see why she's so quiet even though her favorite indie band are breathing in front of her.

 

Oh, she's fainted from pure bliss.

 

Just kidding.

 

She's actually just in shock, staring at the rest of the Exotic Men in awe and disbelief.

 

Approaching the space between you and the tall boy who you find out is named Chanyeol, Luhan turns his back and pushes Chanyeol off. Then, he scoots his chair right next to you with your thighs warmly against each other.

 

Chanyeol, still grinning, takes a different seat across from us.

 

Suho eagerly rushes next to Chanyeol, leaving Sulli who... was still blanking off into space.

 

The other two boys men you have not see before--a very tan sleepy looking one and a troubled one--takes a seat on the sofa in the corner away from the group. As soon as the tan one's buns and sofa cushion makes contact, his eyes shut automatically, drifting off to sleep. You stare at the accomplishment in awe.

 

The troubled looking one shakes his head at the sleeping figure and starts fumbling with his phone.

 

Suddenly Chayeol claps once really loudly with his large hands. Really loudly. "Let's introduce each other." He starts. "My name is Park Chanyeol." Then, Chanyeol points at me.

 

You nod, not understanding what kind of situation you are in. What are you doing here anyways? "I'm Kang Somin, and that"--pointing at the souless body behind you--"is Choi Sulli."

 

At the mention of her name, Sulli snaps out of her trance and continues her own introduction. "Yes, I'm Sulli. I'm a big. fan." She emphasizes the word fan so hard that for a moment, you are confused into thinking of the big fan on the ceiling rather than a fangirl.

 

Suho shivers involuntarily at Sulli's voice before leading on. "Suho and Kris. We already introduced each other. The sleeping one is Jongin. The one texting is Sehun, the youngest."

 

The man named Sehun raises a hand nonchalantly in a form of a dull acknowledgement, and Jongin snorts in his sleep with a twitch. Sulli shrieks quietly with affection.

 

It's naturally Luhan's turn. Feeling like he's too close to comfort, you find it difficult to directly turn your attention towards the golden hair next to you and just stare past the tip of his nose.

 

"Luhan." He simply finishes.

 

Honestly, you wanted him to add on when suddenly Sehun bursts out of his seat. Still asleep, Jongin snorts once more at the sudden movement. "Kyungsoo texted that he's just outside, and he's coming in."

 

There is an awkward silence for a split second.

 

Who's Kyungsoo?

 

Then, in one swift movement, Chanyeol grabs the plate of hardened honey bread on the table and passes it to Suho who passes it to Kris who is tossing Luhan a wet towel. Luhan catches the towel and bam! The table is wiped clean of all crumbs and butter. The rag is then returned to Kris in the same manner Kris threw to Luhan.

 

Just as Kris catches the dirty rag, the front door opens for the third time and in comes a small framed man.

 

Honestly, you expected a more larger intimidating man, seeing how the boys were panicking. However, You think this Kyungsoo fellow actually looks quite cute and innocent. He is provoking the motherly instinct lying dormant within you.

 

Chanyeol turns to face me as smoothly as possible but fails after seeing the buttery fork and knife still on the table. Quickly, he grabs and stuff them into his pocket, throwing me an awkward smile.

 

"Why are you guys so quiet?" The Kyungsoo guy questions, closing the door behind him and unwrapping his scarf. He scans the room with large platter eyes. You might have hallucinated him into a lighthouse within the intensity of the atmosphere. Kyungsoo's gaze stops on the floor right at the front door. "What's this?"

 

The Exotic Men freezes.

 

Bending down slowly to the floor, he picks up something from the ground. It's the piece of honey bread you threw at Luhan earlier.

 

"What's this?" He repeats in an high pitched cheerful tone, but the mood within the bar is far from cheerful. When nobody answer, Kyungsoo sniffs the honey bread and gives a still cheerful yet sarcastic scoff.

 

Okay. Now you're scared.

 


 

Yay. Kyungsoo!