II. Stranger Danger

Confusing Me: "Luhan's Hobo Style"

 

 

II. Stranger Danger

 


 

"You found me," is the only thing the blond says to you when you storm up to him through the tight crowd of girls, leaving your friend Sulli behind. He does not at all seem surprised.

 

You can hear the mass of fans whispering about you behind your back, and you wrap your jumper tighter around your body from the chilly breeze.

 

Suddenly, the boy grabs your arm and sharply pulls you behind the instrument sets. His lips slightly brush the tip of your ears, making you shiver. The girls loudly gasp in shock from afar. "Wait for me behind NB2."

 

Just as he finishes his breathy sentence, an unnaturally tall stranger with an unnaturally deep voice pulls your other arm away from the golden haired boy and crushing you into his own chest. "Luhan, stop fooling around. It's almost time to perform."

 

You look up from his warmth into the face of another handsome man--your back against his chest.

 

The man looks back down at you and apologized with a grin, releasing you from his warm half embrace.

 

By now, you are getting unwanted attention and looks the fangirls who seem too flustered to approach you and the two boys. Some are even shoving their cell phones in front of them to take pictures. Strangely enough, the boys do not seem to care and casually heads towards the band set up to meet their other three bandmates.

 

You decide it's too dangerous to stay by yourself within a couple of feet from the fangirls.

 

Sulli's nowhere to be found, so you figure your best option is the NB2 meeting spot the boy named 'Luhan' suggested. You have no idea when he'll be coming, but you have nothing to do, and you want your ring back.

 

The cement pavements are frozen, and an unharmonic mix of many different groups performing their own music die down behind you as the sound of electroinic club beats replace it.

 

You have reached the nightlife area of Hongdae. There are no indie bands or wandering jewelry merchants. Instead, there are scandalously dressed group of women in the arms of strangers and drunk youths shuffling and dancing away the winter cold.

 

Being familiar with Hongdae, you are easily able to find NB2, a popular hip hop night club of Hongdae. Big Bang's recent comeback song Monster is blasting from the underground dance floor.

 

"I found you." A feminine voice coos from behind, wrapping her arms around your neck.

 

You freak. 'Oh sht. This some crazy fangirl follow me to beat me up here?' Behind NB2, it was practically empty... a dangerous place for a girl to be alone in this late at night.

 

"It's me, your bestie Sulli."

 

--

 

For the past hour, Sulli smothered you with her giggles and punches of love. "I still can't believe you didn't tell me you knew them."

 

"Like I've been trying to tell you. I don't know them." You refute. Both of you are sitting on the stairwell of a closed building, waiting for 'Luhan.' Honestly, you are getting tired of waiting, but this is for your ring and pride. "He stole my ring."

 

"And he stole my heart." Another fit of giggles and wiggles from Sulli.

 

Rolling your eyes, you notice three shadows approaching the two of you. None of them has the golden brown hair you were waiting for.

 

"Hey, ladies, what are you doing in such a shady alley?" One of them staggers towards you two and pats you on your head.

 

"Oh, I like the variety." The second male point at you and then Sulli. "A y one and a cute one."

 

Scanning down your outfit, you your head wondering what the hell he meant by 'y.' All you had on was thick pair of jeans and a large yellow jumper. No sight of curves or volume could be sighted on your body.

 

The first man who pat your head grabs your wrist and attempts to pull you on your feet. 'Why is everybody grabbing me today?' You hug your friend, refusing to stand up.

 

Unlike you who's freaking out, Sulli seems giddy and... weird. "This is the perfect timing for my princes to appear and save me." She whispers into your ears, obviously still not understanding the seriousness of the situation. "Luhan will come here with his guitar on his back and beat those guys up. Then, we'll make out over there."

 

"Ugh." You groan.

 

"This girl's cuter," the third figure leans down towards Sulli, causing her to shriek into your ears.

 

Instictively, you throw a low kick at the offender, accurately hitting your target.

 

He lost his balance, fell back and does not get back up. It's at this point you notice all three men were drunk.

 

You pull off your jumper and aim the zipper end at the men and start smacking the first one nonestop until he clumsily falls to the icy ground.

 

"Go away!" You warn.

 

Sulli grabs your jean. "You're supposed to warn them before you hit them... not after." Is the order of the situation really that important?

 

Suddenly, a towering stranger grabbed the man who just fell over and lightly throws him further away. He may have been even taller than the guy who was with Luhan earlier.

 

The three drunk men look up at the newcomer before gasping and silently apologizing before running off away from us.

 

After the offending drunkard disappears, the new tall man with an expressionless face silently staggers towards you two and raises a hand up in the air to greet you.

 

Slightly in suspicion, you do not do anything but stare at the tall handsome man. Something about him gives off the same impression as Luhan, but you're not sure why. Maybe it was the golden brown hair dyed the same color as Luhan or the full angled eyebrow and pale dry skin, but either way, he was absolutely mesmerizing.

 

He pulls out his cell phone, looks at you and then checks it once more before pointing a long bony finger in your direction and curling it repeatedly, beckoning you to come over.

 

Still on your guard, you give him a strange look, and Sulli is staring at him in awe. Actually, it's cold, and you want to put on your jumper, but the tension in the atmosphere makes you hesitate.

 

Due to the lack of sound other than the muffled beats of club music, you thought you were part of some old black and white silent movie. It's not until he mumbles an almost inaudible "Luhan" that you realize that he's an aquaintance of Luhan.

 

Immediately, you calm down, put on your clothing and get up, pulling Sulli along with you.

 

The silent man leads you deeper into the alley, worrying you a bit, but soon enough, a brightly lit bar appears. There does not seem to be a lot of customers, but it probably is safer than the alley itself.

 

The three of you enter the bar, and it's almost completely empty except a very pale and petite man with a broken hand sitting at a small round bar table. "Kris, did you find the girl Luhan asked--oh." He pauses after seeing you and Sulli.

 

Like some kind of predator, Sulli blasts over to the pale man and sits merely an inch from him. "W-Welcome. I'm Kim Suho," he hesitantly greets her, surprised by your friend's sudden advance.

 

"I know! You're the keyboard player!" Sulli explodes. "Butwhatareyoudoinghereandnotplayingwiththeband? Ohmygodwhathappenedtoyourhandyourprecioushand?"

 

Suho just replies with an awkward laugh, not understanding her at all.

 

The silent man named Kris--still silently--guides himself behind the bar and pulls out a couple of glass cups.

 

"That's Kris. He doesn't talk much." Suho explains, seeing how you were examining him with the most disturbed expression plastered across your face.

 

"Sorry," you blurt, embarassed with how stupid you must have looked.

 

"Istillcannotbelievewhatishappeningrightnow. KangsominIloveyousomuchrightnow. No," she pauses. 'No' was all you understood at this point. "IloveyoukimsuhoandIloveyourmusicandyouandyourbodyand...skin."

 

Okay, you heard that last word, and apparently Suho did too because he is giving her the most uncomfortable look and scooting to the edge of his chair away from Sulli.

 

Kris just casually places a cup of water on the table. One for Suho, and one for Sulli. Then, he looks over at me... still without a word, but you understand what's trying to say.

 

"Oh right." You whisper to yourself and close the door behind you and take a seat across from Sulli. Kris places another cup of water on the table for you.

 


 

YAY. Kris to the rescue... and Suho. Let's roll Luhan like a buffalo.

 

Since it took me so long to update,
I'll give you a tiny preview in the form of a gif: 

Yes, I decided to add D.O Kyungsoo into the story.