Chapter 3

My Brother's Girlfriend

"TaeYeon?" Her eyes read the same question, 'What are you doing here?' "Uhm. Did you come with... That blonde girl? Uh, HyoYeon I think, right?" She nodded slowly and squinted past me. And of course, there they were. Past my shoulder, EunHyuk waved at us and HyoYeon smiled back and gave us a thumbs up. Just my luck. "Yeah, let's go somewhere quieter, my ears hurt." I began to plow my way through the crowd, the tiny girl behind me. It felt like - as if it were possible - the room was filling up with more people by the second. 
"Wait up!" TaeYeon called out to me as she grew further behind. I turned around and grabbed her thin arm lightly and pulled her towards me. "Thanks." She smiled as we pushed through the large crowd. We reached the bar and took the last two available seats at the end of the table and sat down. "Oh my, goodness. Almost died in there." She ruffled her bangs with her thin and slender fingers.

Her soft hair looked like silk as she moved it in place.

"Yeah, good thing you made it alive, though. Or else I would've been bored all evening." I grinned casually and she smiled back. "I'll have a beer, please." The bartender nodded and glanced over to TaeYeon.

"Ice tea, please." Her dazzling smile stunned the bartender as he stuttered a 'yes' and walked away.

"Ice tea?" I questioned, "What, do you not drink?" 

"Noooope." She dragged out the 'o'. "Never have, never will." Her marvelous grin shocked me again and I turned away to the crowd, hoping beads of sweat wouldn't come trickling down my forehead. "I'm sorry that you were stuck here with me, I'm sure you were expecting someone... Taller, hah."

"Nono, it's fine." I glanced back and she was looking away as well. "I just. I just thought you were still going out with Kang In, so I-"

"Oh I am. HyoYeon dragged me out here tonight so she wouldn't be alone." She quickly interrupted. Something must've disturbed her - maybe my stupid reaction - because she added, "But it's not like we're serious or anything. But sorry if you were expecting something to come out of this. Oh dear, I'm talking too much." I laughed loudly to avoid the awkwardness and she smiled back at me. "Sorry again."

"Relax, I was forced to come here too." Rolling my eyes, the drinks were put next to us and I took a sip, holding the cool drink in my hand. "I wasn't looking for anything either so, I'm glad it was you." A sigh escaped and I faced her.

I was wrong about her eyes. They weren't black. They weren't even close to black.

They were a light chocolate brown, with a tint of tan in them. They sparkled against the light brightly, like gems. And her make up was lighter then the last time I saw her. Her hair was now a dark maroon colour. It was straight. Stick straight. Her bangs were full and each strand of hair fell perfectly in place. She wore a black party dress with a gray leather coat slung around the back of her chair. Her black high heels were tall but did nothing to help her height. 

I couldn't take my eyes off this woman,

who could?

 

"Hm, any ex's?" She inquired, firing another question.

"Pass." 

"That's the easiest one though!" 

"Pass."

"Hm..." She held her ice tea between her hands, straw in between her teeth as she thought of another question. "Dating anyone now? Oh wait, then you would've came with her tonight, never mind, stupid question. Uhm."

"How about I ask you? You've been interrogating me all night," She turned her chair towards me and an eyebrow rose, "I think I should be able to get to know you too."

"Fine, fine. Hit me." I punched her in the arm lightly and she muttered under her breath, rubbing her arm as well. "Not literally, moron."

"Any ex's?" She rolled her eyes and glared at me, "Hey, hey. You never said I couldn't ask the same questions."

"Well, I guess. Then, yes. Just one. When I was in high school." Oh really. How long was it? Why was I wondering? "It was almost 5 years before he broke up with me." She sighed softly and twirled her straw around her drink. "I wonder what he's up to..."

"Uhm, anyways," I pushed her lightly to get her attention again, "How'd you meet Kang In?"

"Friends." She shrugged and looked right in my eyes. "Can I tell you something?"

Oh my gosh. How can you not think she's your type, Kang In? She's freaking gorgeous, and she has the largest eyes ever. "Sure, go for it."

"You promise you won't tell anyone, right? I'm trusting you on this!" TaeYeon held out her thin pinky to me.

"Who's there to tell anyway, besides Kang In, I mean." I rolled my eyes at her.
"Promise!" I groaned and stuck my hand out, linking fingers with her. There was something about her hands. Her cold ice hands that sent a shiver down my back. I shook it off and shook it once. She quickly unhooked her finger from mine and looked me in the eyes again.

 

It was then I knew that her eyes were the most captivating things ever. I felt a million things falling in place just from her stare. What was this? Rubbing my temples, I focused back at the girl who was nervously biting her bottom lip. "What is it?" She groaned loudly and mumbled something under her breath.

 

"Here goes nothing. Okay. well.... Here's the thing. I sorta really kinda like KangIn."