Troublesome Colleague

Busan Detective Squad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa bowed his head toward the bodies of women who has not wrapped in the body bags. There are a lot of scratches on her body, especially on the face. “ How pathetic.” He murmured as the coroners finally bag the body and lifted it into the ambulance.

Seohyun who was with him at the crime scene initially expect him to be all serious since this is a case that not only took other’s life, but also his fiancée’s. But he instead showing the face that is very different from the face she expects from him, an arrogant face, and she really hate that.

“Sir, we’ve found this in victim’s car, her name is Jeon Seyoung, 23 years old, based on the business card we found in the wallet, she worked in Hwejung Company in the Central.” A police officer come to Yonghwa, handed him a pink wallet while telling him the victim’s identity.

“Thank you officer, you may back to work now.” He said, sending the officer back to his place.

Seohyun just stood without saying anything to the man in front of her, her head kept thinking about the possibility of the serial killer took his victims. whether randomly or with certain patterns. One thing for sure is, the serial killer always been targeting women aged around 20-25 years old with long hair.

“Think of something about this serial killer, Miss Sherlock?”His voice surprised her. She could see an arrogant smirk from his face, and if she could be honest, she wanted to punch his face so much and make that arrogant face disappeared. But of course she couldn’t do that.

“Yeah,I just thinking about-“

“Just stop thinking about any possibility and call Jiyeon and Myungsoo right now.” He interrupts her unfinished sentence. “Tell them to get information about this company and this Jeon Seyoung. I smell something fishy.” He ordered calmly.

Seohyun couldn’t hide her puzzled face. How can he so relaxed in the middle of this very important case? She thought to herself. Though still confused, she still doing what he had commanded and call Myungsoo and Jiyeon who’s now still in the office.

“Done?” ask Yonghwa as she hung up the call. Seohyun just nodded her head in response. She could see his satisfied smile. “Well now, let’s go to the victim’s house.” he said lightly as he turned around, walked toward the parked car not far from there.

And of course, his behavior sure make Seohyun pissed off, he just walked away from the case as if that’s not important case for him. And his face, his face just then have successfully made Seohyun loses her patience of him.

“Yah!” She shouted at him angrily, make the man stopped his step almost immediately.

“What?”

“How could you walked away from this case so easily?! This is no time to fool around! This case is very serious, you know that right?! “Seohyun yelled to him as she walked toward him angrily. “This is the killer that had made Shinhye Unnie-“

Seohyun couldn’t finish her sentence when his hand suddenly gripped her wrist painfully. But that’s not what make her stopped her sentence, it was his eyes, the hatred look on his eyes make her can’t said anything.

“Don’t ever mention ever in front of my face ever again.” He said with a stern, clear voice that enough for her to shut off.

Soon Yonghwa releases her hand and walked back to the car. Leaving Seohyun who can only froze in her place. “and about this case, Miss Secret Service. Don’t you worry about that too much…” he said calmly. “This is just a work of an amateur impersonator.”

***

“This is strange, really strange.”

Jiyeon leaned her body forward toward Myungsoo’s computer while adjusting her glasses. After Seohyun contacted them, the two immediately trying to get information about the company according to Seohyun is the place where the victim worked. But strangely, they could not find any useful information about the company even though they've been looking into various sources.

“Strange indeed, that woman from the secret service said Hwejung company right?” Myungsoo asked to Jiyeon. She nodded.

“Could it be the company you seek is a fictional company?” A female voice came from behind.

“Yeah! That’s right; it must be a fictional company! You are really smart Jiyeon-a.” Myungsoo patted Jiyeon’s head, praised the maknae who seem confused since she doesn’t feel she had said that conclusion to him.

“I know I’m smart Oppa, but it’s not me who talking.” Jiyeon said as she trying to get his hand off her head.

“E~h, you two are really lovey dovey, It really make me envy.” The unknown female voice said again, this time with a teasing tone. And Jiyeon just know well who’s the owner of that voice.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?!” a woman with long straight hair smiling at the two young children who were in front of her. On her blazer hanging an identity card that read 'Detective Park Hyomin, Division 3 Theft and Robbery.' She’s Park Hyomin, The 4D detective as well as Park Jiyeon’s older sister.

“Ya Park Jiyeon, how can you shouted at your older sister?!” Hyomin said, shouted back to the young woman in front of her. “Oh Hey Park Myungsoo.” Hyomin greeted the flustered man.

“H-h-hello n-nuuna. A-and i-ts Kim, not P-park.” Myungsoo said, corrected her error.

“Oh Right, I’m sorry I fo-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter