Vicious Heart Breaker Past.

That Badass Kind of Love

 

"You alright?" Ah-Ri asks, patting Naeun's arm. She tries to smile, to comfort her, but it isn't everyday she helps a girl breaking up with a .

Naeun offers a feeble attempt at a smile, face scrunching up at the effort.

"...Yeah, I guess so," she replies, voice cracking. Ah-Ri sighs. She knows this girl won’t be getting over Woohyun anytime soon.

As they walk, seemingly to nowhere in particular, a comfortable peacefulness lays itself on their shoulders. Ah-Ri begins to steer Naeun back to the front of the school.

"Do you have any way home?" she says, continuing on her way to the parking lot.

Naeun purses her lips then shook her head, uttering a soft, "No."

Before she can offer to give the poor girl a ride, she sniffles and speaks up. "He was my ride home. He was always my ride home."

Ah-Ri's heart clenches. How could Woohyun do this?

"Don't worry. C'mon, let's just wait here. I've got someone to pick me up." Examining Naeun's red face, she proposes another idea. "How about you get yourself fixed up at my place?"

"You'd let me?" Naeun whispers quietly. "Why? You don't even know me."

"It's just that," Ah-Ri starts, running a hand through her hair. "I've had my heart broken." Naeun raises her brows, her bright eyes widening just the slightest.

"A guy, someone I would have given up the world for... He just hurt me. It was worse than any other broken bone or bruise I'd ever had. He took my heart where everyone could see it and ripped it in half."

Thinking back about the memories, Ah-Ri's emotions take control, tears starting to slowly well up in her eyes. However, there is a stranger watching her, she wouldn't cry in front of her.

Naeun slowly pats Ah-Ri's back. "Uhm...it's okay Ah-Ri... your name's Ah-Ri correct?"

She nods, silent. A limo pulls into the lot, a familiar man staring straight through the window.

"F-Father?"

He doesn’t say anything. Rather, he just unlocks the doors. Ah-Ri crawls in, gesturing for Naeun to follow after her.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

Naeun quickly follows Ah-Ri into the car. The car ride to Ah-Ri's house is quite awkward and silent. After pulling to a stop in front of her home, Ah-Ri opens the door and gestures for Naeun to come out.

"Uhm... it's late... I should go home… I live only a couple blocks away.." Naeun tries walking in the direction of her home, but Ah-Ri grabs her wrist to stop her.

"You look like a mess. Come on, I’ll fix you up."

"But--" Naeun tries to protest, however Ah-Ri tugs her wrist and leads her inside. Her father frowns, though tries to comfort himself with the idea that Ah-Ri had made a friend...though at the cost of ignoring him.
Ah-Ri drags Naeun into her room, "Ah-Ri...um…you have a nice house from what I’ve seen." Naeun smiles.

"Thanks." Ah-Ri digs through her dresser and throws Naeun some clothes. "Here take a shower and change, I don't want you walking around looking like that."

Normally, Naeun would think she is insulting her, but today has not been a normal day. She nods, bundling the clothes in her arms. She takes one last glance at Ah-Ri and steps onto the cool tiles of the bathroom, shutting the door.

Ah-Ri hears the click of the door closing. She sighs, collapsing on the bed. Just when she thinks things are starting to change for the better, they spin right around.

Ah-Ri thinks about the incident today with Woohyun and Naeun, the memories of that incident overlapping with her own. Ah-Ri thinks of the slap she had given Woohyun. She felt her own cheek, a tear streaming down her face. She remembers when she had been slapped. Slapped by her ex.

It hurt so bad, just thinking about him. Despite being so young, it felt like true love. She thought they would stay together through high school, and if that didn't work out, stay as friends. Instead, they were split apart.

"Dammit," she whispers to no one in particular.

She hates herself during these times of weakness.

She hears the shower water stop and the door click. Ah-Ri swiftly gets up and wiped anything that would look like she had just cried. Naeun steps out of the bathroom with the clothes Ah-Ri gave her.

"Looks, like we're the same size Ah-Ri." Naeun gives her a smile.

"Seems so. And By the way, you don't need to say Ah-Ri to me every sentence," Ah-Ri says with a giggle.

Naeun actually cracks a true, really genuine smile. Despite her initial bluntness, dragging her home, she sees that Ah-Ri is actually a sweet girl that really wants to help. She remembers how she reacted when she asked why, finding herself imagining Ah-Ri in that position.

"Alright," she says, pausing. "What happened?" Naeun asks softly.

"What happened with what?" Ah-Ri asks looking at herself in the mirror.

“With what you told me before...about your ex breaking up with you..." Naeun specifies.

"Oh. That…?" Ah-Ri softened.

"It’s okay if you don't wanna tell me. Like, seriously, it's fine. I'm just curious."

"No, it's fine. I'll tell you, but you swear not to tell anyone alright?"

"I swear,” Naeun promised.

Ah-Ri takes a deep breath before beginning. "Some years back, maybe four or five, I had a boyfriend. My parents didn't know."

"He was just...amazing. I couldn't believe I'd actually found someone."

 
~Flashback~

Ah-Ri's phone vibrated in her skirt pocket. She looked at the caller ID. "Oppa~<3' was what it read. She gladly answered the phone. "Oppa!" she greeted, full of joy.

"Ah-Ri," he answered, voice unusually void of energy. "Can I see you soon? Maybe at the park?"

"Um. Alright. See you there! But are you alright?" Ah-Ri asked, sensing something wrong in his voice.

"I'll tell you when you get here." Kris, her boyfriend, hung up the phone. ‘Something seems strange…’ Ah-Ri thought, as she happily pranced her way to the park to meet with Kris.

She ignored it, saying good bye cheerily to her parents. They kissed her forehead, wondering why she was so happy, but shrugged it off.

The way to the park was one she memorized perfectly. She came there all the time, most of them with Kris. Ah-Ri grinned, to herself, Kris was one hell of a guy, in a good way. Kris was a person you'd find one in 50 billion, or so Ah-Ri would say. Every living moment Ah-Ri spent with Kris was one in heaven. As Ah-Ri turned the corner she saw Kris sitting on the park bench by the swings with his other friends. Other girls from her school scattered around the park.

‘There's never this many people here… Is Kris doing something? Maybe for me?’ Ah-Ri thought, unable to stop herself from the happiness that came with him in her mind.

They gave her toothy grins, guffawing as she made her way to Kris. She didn't know what was going on, but her birthday was coming in a week. Maybe this was an early surprise?

"Kris," she said, grasping his wrist, her smile spreading even wider. "What's happening?"

He shook his head and pulled away. "Ah-Ri. I need to tell you something."

"Oppa... Are you okay?" She worried about Kris.

"I'm fine. But I don't think we are." Kris stated, his reply clipped and short. "Oppa... what do you mean?" Ah-Ri shook, not accepting what he just said.

"We're over. Ah-Ri. We're done."

"Kris, why?" her voice cracked. Why would he break up with her? They were completely fine just before, why now?

"Why would you do this?! We've been together for almost two years!"

"In all honesty, those two years were bullcrap. Every single moment. So, we're done Ah-Ri. For good."

Snickers were heard all over the park, while Ah-Ri's world began crashing down. Kris started to walk away, but Ah-Ri grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "Kris, let me just say a few words." Ah-Ri was fighting strong for her tears not to drop.

"Hurry. I have other things to attend to." Kris coldly replied. This was not the Kris she loved.

"First of all, I really did love you. A lot. I thought you were the perfect guy, you were amazing in every way. You were a gentleman, you were everything I would look for in a guy." Ah-Ri paused.

"What? Is that it?" Kris begins to turn back around.

"But, I was wrong, you're just another stupid player who would do anything to get a girl. You're basically everything a girl would despise." The words slip off her tongue.

"What the hell did you just say?" Kris was furious.

"I hope you die you bastard!" Ah-Ri yelled.

Kris had enough. Kris in one swift motion slapped Ah-Ri right on her cheek. Ah-Ri's heads stayed facing left for a moment her hair covering her eyes so no one would see the tear coming down. Ah-Ri was beyond pissed, beyond fuming, beyond the point of no return.

 
Ah-Ri faced Kris. She tightened her fists. In that one moment, Ah-Ri punched the guy she loved the most right on his right cheek making sure she had bruised his face so hard, everyone would see it. She was sure she heard something crack. Kris fell down, startled, with a thud.

"I hope you go to hell you disgusting bastard," Ah-Ri fiercely said, tears threatening to come down.

She stomped away, sobs choking up . The park had suddenly gone quiet, her classmates watching her every move. She felt so weak, so insecure in that one moment. It was absolute torture to feel their eyes on her.

"Kris, how could you..." she whispered, the breeze stinging her face.

She turned the corner, and as soon as she did, began to run. To run home, into her parent's arms. To never feel as pained as she did in the park, the park where her happiest memories used to form.

It was too bad for her, however, Kris was the Kingka of the school. Kingkas always have crazed fangirls. Those fangirls were chasing Ah-Ri. They would obviously hurt the one that hurt their "precious" Kris.

Even though she knew she was faster than them, she felt as though her very life was in danger. Even if they were just some jealous girls.

Ah-Ri stumbled, scratching her knees on the hard pavement. She bit back a yelp, scrambling to her feet. It was too late; the girls had caught up to her. One gripped her hair.

"It wasn't even much of a relationship anyway," one said.

"But you get so caught up in it, and hit Kris," another hissed. "You. Hit. Kris," she repeated.

"He hit me first. SO LET ME GO." Ah-Ri yelled trying to fight back. "Not so fast honey. You’ll pay for what you did." One of them scratched Ah-Ri.

She struggled, slamming herself into them, but it wasn't enough. They were stronger than her, probably having been in fights like this before. Two held her still, while the other one pinched her painfully. Ah-Ri growled and spit on her face, earning her a harsh slap on the face.

However these girls never saw what Ah-Ri what capabilities were when she was angry. Ah-Ri's angry meter was bursting at this point. Ah-Ri isn't the type to let people hold her down. With her legs free she managed to kick one of the girls

The other girl let go of her in surprise, afraid of actually getting hurt for once. Ah-Ri shoved her away and pushed the one who slapped her to the ground. She pulled at her hair, scratching her, pinching her just as she did. She didn't even care if this was right or wrong, she was just so angry. Her hand slapped at her face, nails clawing at her arms.

She finally stopped at the sight of blood on her hands, the girl’s skin split open. Her hands were bloody as hell. Ah-Ri gasped, hands shaking violently. But she was just so mad, her emotions and actions had taken control.

Ah-Ri ran. She ran as fast as she could. She needed to be in the comfort of her room, of her parents, of anything else but the park and its sudden cruelness.

Her legs protested at the wild use of them, but she fought on until she was in front of her home. She was about to scream, barging into her own home, about to cry about how unfair the world was.

Logic stopped her.

They would ask why she looked like she had been crying, why there were scratches all over her body, why blood dripped from her hands.

Why a red print shaped like a palm was on her face, why her hair was tangled like she just woke up.

It was conflicting, to either come out honestly, or sneak in. Finally Ah-Ri decided to go with the latter. In her house, luckily, was the window of the bathroom near the ground. She snuck in through there a quickly ran up the stairs into her room. She locked her door to make sure her parents never saw her like this.

She collapsed on her bed, tears streaming down her face. All her emotions were running lose, and once again, it was because of the boy she loved.

 
~End of Flashback~

"And then?" Naeun murmurs, almost afraid of what she would hear.

"My parents found out. The girls told the story, but they twisted it, made me look like a violent ." Naeun winces at that, twiddling her thumbs. "They said I threw myself onto Kris, who was supposedly the leader's boyfriend. Then, that I slapped her, and punched Kris after he rejected me. Then everyone heard what happened. No one thought of me the same way. I was the violent . I was one that was constantly bullied verbally, and physically. That's when I took martial arts classes, I wouldn't dare let anyone hurt me again." Ah-Ri is surprised to find herself crying, her heart being cut right where old wounds had once healed.

"I just don't know why people are like this," she ends, not saying anything else.

Naeun stares. Was it the same with Woohyun? Did he really not feel anything during that year with her? She whimpers, suddenly feeling like crying with Ah-Ri.

"I don't know either."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Author's Note: 
Wassup Subbies and Chingus! 
One update before Thanksgiving! ^^ 
None of you answered my question D; Cry Cry Can't you see the music~ LOL.
But yeah, I love you guise still cuz y'all be perfect people. 
But yeaaaaaaaah, have a wonderful Thanksgiving ! 
AND GUESS WHO'S BIRTHDAY IT IS? 
YESS, JANG DONGWOO!
MY BEAUTIFUL DINO BABO  BABY! 
tumblr_mdupmsM91h1rghtwjo1_500.gif
An Angel was born on this day(:
 
 
IT'S SOMEONE ELSES BIRTHDAY TODAY~ 
GUESS? 
YUP, EUNKWANG~ THE PRECIOUS LEADER OF BTOB! ^^
tumblr_mduyq4GbVz1rkx0xao1_500.gif
 
Alright, bye chingus! 
 
 
SUBCRIBE, COMMENT, SHARE! 
 
Love, 
Skydragonshipeeerrrs