It's Gonna Be a Long Year.

That Badass Kind of Love

 

Right on que, the late bell rang. Ah-Ri began walking to the classroom that she was pointed to. Right outside the door Ah-Ri took a deep breath "Don't worry Ah-Ri he couldn't be in your class, and not all boys are like that." She told herself.
As soon as she enters the room, all eyes were on her. Boys everywhere snapped their heads, eyeing her figure from head to toe. Ah-Ri tries not to squirm from the attention, instead focusing on appearing confident and secure. The teacher nods his head toward her.
"I presume you're Lee Ah-Ri?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Huh, a lot must have been paid to get here."
 

Maybe there was a cold undertone to that remark, or maybe it was completely innocent. Ah-Ri brushes it off.The teacher points to an empty desk, next to a guy staring quite intently at her. He was rubbing his elbow, and something about him rubs Ah-Ri the wrong way. Making her way to the desk, she glances at the male student next to her to find him smirking back at her.
 

"Well," he starts, flashing his white teeth.

"Stop it," Ah-Ri said, planning on closing the conversation immediately.

"Oh? But you seemed so ready to break my arm," he replies rather smoothly, stretching his arm out for her to see the red marks on it.
 

.
 

It's him. Ah-Ri thought. 
 

"You're Nam Woohyun?" She asks.
 

"The one and only." Woohyun nods.
 

"Smartass and Cocky." Ah-Ri scoffs
 

"Woohyun, Ah-Ri, please stop talking." The teacher asks politely. 
 

"Gladly." Ah-Ri replies, giving Woohyun the stink eye.

Instead of giving out in cold sweat, Woohyun merely winks, turning his attention back to the teacher.
"Alright, it's your first day. Introductions," the older man started in a monotone voice. His eyes scan over a paper, and then he calls out a name. Ah-Ri assumes these were the introductions.
Name after name, boy after boy, introductions were given. Ah-Ri waits, then gave up and stares at the paint on the walls. It was a rather nice shade of--
"Nam Woohyun."

 

Goddammit.
 

Woohyun stood up from his desk with flair, then in as loud a voice as he could without shouting, introduces himself as the king of Woollim High. Ah-Ri rolls her eyes, slumping into her seat. She fumbles with the tie around her neck and collar, making knots.
 

"Ah-Ri."
'If only knots were as easy to take out as they were to make,' she thinks, pulling at a lump in the material.
"Ah-Ri..."

 

'Damn it all.'
 

"Lee Ah-Ri, please!"
 

"Huh?" she was woken from her absentminded fiddling, and under the eyes of the entire class, flushed a soft shade of pink.
 

"Your introductions, please." The teacher shook his head at her, writing something down on a piece of paper.
 

"O-Oh, yeah." She clears and stood up, quite aware of the shortness of her skirt. "I am Lee Ah-Ri. I transferred here from another school at the request of my parents. I am seventeen years old and..." she trails off, thinking of something else to say. "And..."
 

"And a girl!" a male voice calls out. Whether it was Woohyun's or not, she couldn't tell.
 

"A fineeee one at that!"
 

Ah-Ri scowls. It turns out that all boys were like this. 'Childish, immature little brats...' her mind furiously works for more criticisms of her peers. "You can sit down now Ah-Ri," the teacher said, pointing at her seat. Face flushed, Ah-Ri sat herself down. She would get even. No one embarrassed her in public of all places.

As the person next began to introduce himself, Woohyun whispered to her, "Appreciate my comments don't you?" A smirk slowly appeared on his face. Ah-Ri just scoffs. *This idiot. I nearly broke his arm, and he still thinks he can be like this.*

She ignores him as best as she could, but even when a new person starts their introductions, she could hear him. He just kept on whispering and nudging at her, winking. It was annoying as hell, and she was pretty sure that just because of him, her entire year would be piss drunk horrible.
 

Finally, after the seventh, "My Ah-Ri," she snaps.
 

Raising her hand, Ah-Ri said, "Sir, this boy is ually harassing me." Several giggles erupt from the classroom, but the professor took her comment seriously. "Woohyun are you... Woohyun, look at me!" He shook his head, face showing disapproval. "Nam Woohyun, you are one of our top students, yet you would degrade yourself like this?" He made a 'tsk' sound, and then continues on with his scolding.
"I'm sorry Ah-Ri, Woohyun's been childish. Forgive us, he's always been surrounded by guys, and women are a new experience to him." Ah-Ri nods satisfactorily as Woohyun shrank in his seat.

“New experience? Sure. He probably only interacts with girls when he jerks off. Disgusting, jerk, smartass, cocky. How worse can he get?" Ah-Ri glares.
The teacher didn't give her a warning. Just nods his head unable to say a response, as students began to snicker and laugh.

 

"She can't talk to me like that!" Woohyun stands and objects.
 

"Oh shut up, and sit down. You don't need to object, the whole school probably knows every word i'm saying is true." Ah-Ri said.
 

Woohyun sat himself down, in disbelivement that any girl would do that to him, and espically the teacher just stood there and laughs. For him, the last fifteen minutes of class were absolutely horrifying. Him, Nam Woohyun, the goddamn 'King' of Woollim High, was slumping in his seat while students snicker and gossip barely audibly. Every sentence they said, he heard his name. He thought that maybe this Ah-Ri would be just like any other girl; flattered by his compliments, all laughs and giggles. Instead, she was someone he didn't even dare look at correctly anymore. Ignoring the teacher, the class, the girl, he waits for the bell to ring, and once it did, he was the first one out.

Woohyun stretches his neck, searching around the corner for any sign of that Ah-Ri girl. Who did she think she was, humiliating him like that? He just wanted a little fun, and this was what he got?

Woohyun pulls around the corner, he notices Ah-Ri just walking down the hallway. He looks both ways to make sure no one was watching. He creeps up behind Ah-Ri and pulls her, crashing her into the wall, her hands over her head.

The first thing the 'King' notices was the surprise in her eyes. There was no fear, but rather a sort of amusement in the action. He leans forward, his face inches away from hers. Oh, how he would love to take this girl right now and--
 

Ah-Ri's face morphs from that of meaningless shock to disgust. "What are you doing?!" She complains, her fingers wrapping around his hand so she could dig her nails into his skin.
 

"Listen, Lee Ah-Ri," Woohyun growls, all signs of playfulness gone for that one second.

"What." Ah-Ri snaps. 
 

"You don't know who you're humiliating." Woohyun growls.
 

"You sure as hell don't know who you're holding up against this wall." Ah-Ri fought back, pulling her face closer, showing she wasn't scared. 
 

Woohyun surprised at how close her face became, but he wouldn't let her notice.

Ah-Ri was certainly used to others paying attention to her. She was certainly used to guys admiring her, and girls befriending or gossiping about her. But what she certainly was not used to was being pressed up against a wall by a bastard that probably thought he was such the hotshot. She wasn't scared--that was out of the question--but she hates ever single moment she had with this guy.
 

"Get. Off. Me," she breathes out, knowing he probably got off on dreams of like this.
 

Woohyun felt her hot breath on his face, the slight warmth of her skin. He tips her chin up, pressing their foreheads together.
Ah-Ri, on the other hand, only had her heart beating fast because of the need to escape and leave him headless. Who the hell did he think he was, shoving himself up against her? She shifts, the knowledge that there was possibly a under his pants making her uncomfortable.

Then again, that made it all the more easier to kick... Ah-Ri gave him her attention once again. "You gonna tell me yet or--"
 

"Kiss me." A cheeky smirk spreads across his face. Seeing her horrified face and feeling quite offended, he pouts, her jaw line. "Just one." Restraining her with his shoulder, he tapped his lips. "Right here."
 

"Are you serious?!" Ah-Ri struggles against him, telling herself the only reason why she couldn't counter him was because he had caught her by surprise and in an empty corner. "You're a sick ." She shook her head, leaving him to retract his finger from her jaw. "ert, disgusting piece of a ty bastard."

"You really don't know when to stop do you?" Ah-Ri questions him.
 

"You really don't-" Woohyun was mid sentence before Ah-Ri directly knees him RIGHT in his manhood. At the sudden burst of pain Woohyun fell to the ground doubling over in pain. Finally free Ah-Ri rubs her wrists, "I warned you didn't I?" Ah-Ri whispers in Woohyun's ear.

Recovering a few seconds later, he looks up to find Ah-Ri already halfway down the hallway, her swishing behind her, heels tapping to an even beat. He groans once more, though he was glad no one else had been there to see their encounter. Woohyun tidies himself up and leans against the wall for a second. This Ah-Ri, who had rejected him where another may have thrown themselves at him. Right then and there, he decides that she would be his. Not out of love, not of lust, just to prove that any girl can fall for him, no matter what. He composes himself together and walks down to the cafeteria, as if that encounter never happened. Woohyun busts through the doors and walks to the table where his friends 'Infinite' were sitting at eating. "Woohyun hyung I got you your food already." Sungjong chimes. 

"What took so long Woohyun?" Sunggyu asks.

"That Ah-Ri girl, the new one, remember her?" They all nods, dropping their forks and spoons for a second. "Yeah, she was all over me, you should've seen it." Sunggyu rolls his eyes.
 

"Didn't she beat you up?"
 

Exasperated, Woohyun threw his arms in the air, stifling a yelp when he realizes he shouldn't be over-exerting his nearly broken one. "It was one arm guys. One. Arm."

"And it was one girl who nearly broke it. One. Girl." Myungsoo butts in.

 

"Plus, I doubt she'd be all over you after what she did to you." Hoya barges in also.
"Alright calm down guys. She may have not had the best reaction to 'The King of Woollim' but she will fall for me sooner or later." Woohyun brags.

 

"Sorry to burst your bubble Woohyun, I don't think she will." DongWoo states pouting at Woohyun.
 

Woohyun tilts his head, disbelief clear on his face. "Oh really? And why is that, DongWoo?"
 

In response, DongWoo nods his head to the other side of the room. There, plain as day, was Lee Ah-Ri laughing--"Holy she can laugh?" Woohyun thought--and with her was none other than ChanHee.
 

Woohyun just stars, "What. That beast can laugh?" He couldn't think straight.
 

Back at Ah-Ri's table, she was giggling at some cheesy joke ChanHee said.
"You guys are a lot better than the other guys I’ve met so far." Ah-Ri smiles at the group of 7 boys. ChanHee was the only one smiling at laughing with Ah-Ri, the other 6 were just awkwardly staring at their food.
"Don't worry, I don't bite. Only if you annoy me, but you guys, you guys are different. I like that about you guys." Ah-Ri tries breaking the ice.
Ah-Ri smiles especially at ChanHee, who grins back at her. They just completely blew her expectations, and although she thought it stupid, she felt there was a sort of chemistry between her and ChanHee. Realizing she had been staring, she blush’s and eyed her nails.
"So..." ChanHee started, holding his head up with the palms of his hands.

 

"Mmm?"
 

"Rumor is that you beat up Woohyun," he said, a devilish smirk on his face. Ah-Ri, from what she knew, knew he was at the top of nearly all his classes. That obviously put him very high up in her list, and the fact that he was absolutely fun and handsome and amazing was just more bonuses for her.
 

"Heh, I just broke his arm, that's all," she laughs, brushing it off. Despite Chanhee's friends' initial awkwardness, she was growing to like them more. They seem to open up more with her than the others. "Almost, that is," she corrects herself. If she were being honest, she would have said that she was being rather boastful.
Chuckles erupt from the table. Ah-Ri giggles with them in response. She hadn't felt this way since sixth grade.
Woohyun stares from the other table.

 

"Seems like the geek Chanhee is gonna get her before the 'Almighty Woohyun' Sungjong emphases the Geek part. 'Shut up." Woohyun broke away from Ah-Ri and the geeks, and glars at Sungjong.
"Besides bro, what happen to Naeun? That girl from A Cube High?' Sunggyu asked.

 

"I'm gonna break up with her, I WILL get ah-ri. no matter what."
Sunggyu raised a brow at this. "You really wanna do that?"

 

"Mmmhmm, positive," Woohyun replies easily. He ran a hand throuegh his hair, glancing every so often at Ah-Ri.
 

"No girl can resist me."
..............................................................................
The peals of the bell broke Chanhee's conversation with Ah-Ri. He chuckls, patting Ah-Ri's shoulder with just a hint of hesitance. Would she kill him? Rip off his crotch? He wasn't sure.

 

"What's your next class?" Chanhee said, looking over her shoulder and at her schedule.
 

"Uhm... This guy. Ninth period, right?" Ah-Ri asks, facing him for an answer.
 

"Ya. Ah," he shuffls through his pockets to find his own schedule, with maybe three or four classes matching Ah-Ri's from what he could see.

"You have the next class with me. Wanna walk together?"
 

"Well, alright then, sure," was her answer.
 

During their walk, Chanhee caught sight of Woohyun. He immediately covers his face and urges Ah-Ri away.
"What's wrong?"

 

"Woohyun. That bastard, ugh."
 

Ah-Ri shivers, hoping that Woohyun would not be in her next class. "Guys like him are horrible," she states, watching as her friend nods in agreement.The further they walks, the lesser the crowds were. It seems Chanhee's group of friends had completely disappeared, and only a few scattered peers were left in the hallway, Woohyun included.

Farther they went down the hallway, ChanHee still with the binder covering his face. Ah-Ri grabs the binder, "Why are you hiding, not like he'll rip your off." Ah-Ri said.
 

"It's just that he doesn't like geeks like me." ChanHee explains.
 

"Trust me, I won’t let him lay a finger on you." Ah-Ri flashes an innocent smile.
 

"No need, I’m a man you know." ChanHee 'flexes his muscles' but somehow strains his arm muscle, leaving him in pain.
 

"Sure you are." Ah-Ri giggles, as they reach the classroom.
 

Soon enough, they were right outside their classroom. A line of students, all male of course, was there, most of them fooling around in the way guys tended to. Now that Ah-Ri looks at it, she used to be quite rowdy with her friends back then. 'Then again,' she thought, scrunching up her face, 'I didn't grab people's asses or the like.'
She and ChanHee wait outside the door, sure that the teacher was late. Normally, in her old school, she would have walked straight into the room and waited, but this place was new, and here, everyone loiters about around the door.
Ah-Ri grew impatient quickly. Some guys nudged each other when they saw her, but it wasn't a problem. Just mindless chatter, she had always assures herself. The problem was that she had been standing out there for three minutes, the teacher was late, and Woohyun was staring at her.

 

Finally, she snaps.
 

"ChanHee, where is our teacher?!" she growls, throwing her hands up in frustration. She kicks the door, regretting it as soon as the action was completed. 'Hope they don't think I'm too violent,' she muses.
 

"Sorry, guess I should've mentioned it before." As soon as the words tumbled off his lips, Ah-Ri melts inside. When had he become so absolutely lovely, if that word could be appropriately used to describe him?
 

Ah-Ri snaps out her daze as the teacher walks inside.
 

"Sorry class! Something came up." The teacher politely apologizes.
 

"Finally." Ah-Ri growls walking to a nearby seat with ChanHee, and sat down.
 

ChanHee hesitated, should he calm Ah-Ri down, or will she snap at him and break his arm?
 

"Breathe Ah-Ri." ChanHee manages to say.
 

"Woo. 10. 9. ..." Ah-Ri mumbles the numbers a calming herself down.
 

"Okay, where ever you are sitting as of the moment are your seats for the year okay?" The teacher tries sounding positive.
 

Just as the teacher said that, a familiar voice said "Teacher, I can't see very well, may I move up?"
"Uh, sure, move up next to the young lady up front." The teacher responds.
Ah-Ri turns her head to see who is going to sit next her, it was none other than the dickhead, Nam Woohyun.
Ah-Ri mutters some curse words under her breathe.
Just like the period before lunch, Woohyun continues to nudge at her, though not quite as aggressive as he had done just two hours ago. Secretive times, when the class was working, or when the teacher had his back, Woohyun would ask Ah-Ri a question. Trying her best to avoid frustration, at least not outer frustration, she politely answers his questions. Eventually, the teacher decides to have everyone introduce each other. The class groans, and Ah-Ri was sure every period had done this.

 

"Class, class, and don’t worry. You won't have to stand up in front of the class, just go to another desk and introduce yourself to someone." With that, the professor gathers his list of students. "You too," he glances at the papers, "Ah-Ri." As he walks out the door, unsurprisingly, as the school teachers seemed very relaxed, Woohyun heard him say, "I need to give these to the principal. Get to it."
Woohyun nearly grins, instead biting his the inside of his cheeks. This was his chance.
Before Woohyun could even take a glance at Ah-Ri, she was already chatting away with ChanHee.
'What's up with her and geeks?' Woohyun thought.

 

“Hold on Ah-Ri, I need to go to the bathroom." ChanHee said getting out of his seat.
 

An even bigger smirk appears on Woohyun's face, ' This is defiantly my chance' he thinks.
Ah-Ri slumps in her seat, knowing that there would soon be a line of teenaged guys lined up to meet her, probably hormone-crazed. She twiddles her thumbs, refusing to make herself noticed. Hopefully, just hopefully...
"Ah-Ri's your name, right?" a male voice said, the words silky on his tongue. Ah-Ri jerks her head up, narrowing her eyes.
"Nam Woohyun."
"I think we need to talk."
Refusing the growing urge to smash her head into the desk, she glares back at him. How she would love to someday break every bone in his body. Ah-Ri sighs and made herself look presentably friendly.
This was going to be a long year.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING D: if youre wondering why its in my blog posts~ and this is an abnormally long update since stupid Hurricane Sandy is coming to my State, so I might not update. and its a gift for not updating!  :c CRY. but hope you like it, and subscribe and commnet! PLEASE. Sorry for any grammar or punctuation mistakes or spelling this was rushed =[