The phone call of DA DA DOOOMMM!!!!!

Into the gender bender we go!

I walked through the doors of the school feeling at the top of the world like superwoman, I felt like nothing could ever make my happiness disappear. It was the start of the summer holidays, with me by my side were my 2 best girlfriends in the world, I had the best brother in the world, and I mean what else could I ask for right? There was absolutely nothing that could bring me down, but I was wrong, there was, just one ring that shattered all my happiness.

“Let’s travel! YES TRAVEL!!! We still have the money from that advertisement right? Let’s spend the first few weeks working for more money and then we can go to Hawaii or something like that YEAH?!” Emmy was screaming with excitement right into my ear. I giggled at the excitement that she was overloaded with. Izzy just rolled her eyes and smiled at me. 

“So now we have to find the cheapest agency, OMG we still haven’t decided yet what country yet!!!! How about America huh? Huh? DISNEY LAAAAANNNNDDD AND CELBERITIES!!!!! Wait what about…” before Emmy finished her sentence my “ring of doom came”. My familiar ringtone started playing.

“sorry guys, I’ll be right back” I walked away, and answered the phone call. Emmy didn’t seem to like this; she attempted to continue screaming, but was stopped by Izzy’s muffling hand.

“Hello? Brother?” I asked.  I could hear loud noises in the background, planes taking off and people muttering.

“Mia, mei, is that you?!” Scott hurriedly asked. Scott was my older brother. (mei is little sister in chinese)

“Yes bro, where are you? Why do you seem so anxious?” I asked worried.

“Mia, there's no time you gotta listen to me, I…I think I might’ve have tracked dad down…”

My eyes widened, and my mouth opened wide enough for flies to fly in and live. “T-t-t-t-hat’s fantastic ge ge but why are you so wor- (ge ge or ge is big brother in chinese)

“Mia this is the catch" he quickly butted in. "I’m at the airport now ready to leave, but I just got a call from SM entertainment saying that I got a place as a trainee/assistant.” He sighed.

My eyes widened even more, so much to take in at once, all I could stutter was “ uhh.. bro… that’s amazing…amazing! In Korea?! And SM entertainment where super junior, SNSD, SHINee and all those big bands come from?! THAT IS SOOO GOOD? But why are you sighing what’s happening?!”

“Yes Mia its meant to be a good thing, but if I don’t get my to Korea by Monday I will lose my place and trust me they have a 3 km line waiting for my spot after me, this is the dream job I’ve always wanted, but at the same time you know I can’t let dad go… so….” He paused for a second.

“Ge! So what? What can I do?!” This was such a difficult decision for him to make, and I felt so guilty and helpless that I couldn’t help my brother at all.

“I’ve thought about this thoroughly Mia, and the only solution I could figure out was…”he paused.

“Please just spit it out and tell me brother, I am willing to do anything if it’s important to you and for dad!”

“Mia….could you take my place? Pretend to me at SM entertainment just until I get back with dad?”

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets, I stopped breathing and my stomach tried to play twister with itself. The shock of everything seemed way too difficult to take in.

“I’m so sorry Mia, I never intended to get you mixed up in all this, I’m sorry Mei, I shouldn’t even asked you this I –

“No Scott!" This time it was me who butted in "I've  told you several times that I’m not a little kid anymore; you have to trust me and share your burdens with me! I will be you Bro, and I will make the greatest impression on SM entertainment that they have ever seen.” I tried making my voice as optimistic and strong as possible but it failed only coming out as a choke.

“Ha ha ha,” Scott laughed with relief “That’s my favourite sister, argh! Mei I gotta go, the plane is about to fly, the plane tickets and everything you need are in your mailbox… p.s. I love you!” and the phone disconnected.

“I love you too….” I whispered into the phone listening to the beeping.  

I felt so light headed after the conversation, how was I going to break the news to Izzy and Em about this? Em was going to be devastated when she hears we wouldn’t be going together. I sighed and turned around.

“Spill. Now!” I nearly got a heart attack, it seemed that I was so intrigued in my conversation that I had not realised Em and Iz had been standing right next to me the whole time.

“N…N..Noo..thi..iinngg” I stuttered with fear, but seeing their genuinely concerned faces, I gave up and told them everything.

“OOOHH….MYYYY…GAAWWWDDD!!!!!” was all emmy repeated over and over again as she walked around and around in circles. I wanted to laugh, but really did not feel like it at all.

“Is this true? Your brother got into SM entertainment? He actually asked you to take his position as a guy?! Mia I know you’re an amazing singer like your bro, but are you sure you can pull off that you’re a guy? The consequences could be very serious if you get caught. And knowing you, Miss Space cadet, you could get caught before you even start!” Izzy asked hurriedly with concern.

I nodded. “I don’t know, I really don’t know, all  ge told me was I need to get there by Monday, which means I have exactly one week before I go….”

“I’m really sorry guys I know I promised we were going to spend these holidays together and… but…I’m so confused, so shocked, so hopeless!” I bowed my head, I felt like crying.

“Then it’s decided it’s Korea. This summer holidays our destination is Korea.”

My head snapped up. What?! Em stood there with an absolutely serious face, but still smiling, Izzy smiled and nodded in agreement. I felt like fainting.   

 

Thank you for everybody who is supporting me! I am a brand new author, so please comment on how i can improve, all comments are all loved praise or criticism. Sorry about the lame chapter that dragged on hopefully chp 2 will be more exciting!!!!