Everlasting 1/8

Everlasting.

Music is something we cannot live without. It is something that most of us take for granted everyone except Yang Yo Seob a young man who lives for music along with singing it’s his life every chance he gets he will enter singing contest and almost always win the grand price. He was making his dream of becoming a professional singer reality and unlike most that tried to make it big would utterly fail Yo Seob had that special something that would take him far. Everything seemed to be going perfect for him that was until the faithful day he got the call that his parents had been involved in a car accident and died on the scene forcing the now orphaned Yo Seob to move in with his Cousin Yoon Doo Joon and this is where the story really begins.

--

It has now been a year since Yo Seob’s parents have passed away it still hurts knowing that he will no longer come home to his mother’s beautiful smile and her wonderful home cooked meals or hearing his father’s laugh as he watched something funny on tv. When thoughts of his parents came into his mind Yo Seob always found some comfort in the form of sneaking into his Cousin Doo Joon’s bed and snuggling up against him while Doo Joon whispers soothing words into his ear. Yo Seob had to give up contests between school and his part time job at a restaurant to help Doo Joon pay the rent he had no time to enter any that didn’t stop him from singing random songs though while he delivered food to people’s homes or as he made his way to school in the mornings and on his way home afterwards. He would always tell himself that his life could be even worse that instead of living with his loving cousin he could be in a foster family that for all he knew could have been abusive.

It was eleven o’clock at night by the time Yo Seob got home from his job his black bangs plastered to his face, dark circles could be seen under his eye. Even though it was getting colder outside running around delivering food tended to make you all sweaty and gross. ‘I cannot wait to take a shower’ he thinks to himself as he drags his tired body to the bathroom throwing his bag on the couch as he walks by. Not five minutes after Yo Seob enters the bathroom Doo Joon makes his way home. Doo Joon was a DJ at a local club since he was feeling under the weather they let him go home four hours early. Seeing Yo Seob’s bag on the couch he smiles softly Doo Joon had a fatherly love for the younger man it had started the day Yo Seob came to live with him. Moving Yo Seob’s bag from the couch to the floor Doo Joon lays down on the couch placing his arm over his eyes grumbling to himself about how much being sick .

When Yo Seob finally immerges from the bathroom dressed in a white tank top and black basketball shorts he blinks seeing his cousin lying on the couch. “Doo Joon what are you doing home so early is everything okay?”

Opening one of his eyes Doo Joon looks up to his cousin with a small smile. “Not feeling too well so they let me go home a few hours early.”

Making his way to Doo Joon Yo Seob removes the elder’s arm from his face and places the back of his hand on Doo Joon’s forehead holding it there for a moment before pulling away a slight frown on the younger male’s face. “You are a bit warm. You know what?! I’ll make you some tea there isn’t any medicine in the house so I’ll have to buy some tomorrow.” With that Yo Seob begins his walk to the kitchen to make the tea.

“Aren’t I the one supposed to be taking care of you instead of the other way around?” Doo Joon asks more to himself than anything. He didn’t like when Yo Seob would take care of him. Doo Joon was the Hyung yet there Yo Seob is making him some tea yes it wasn’t that big of a deal but to Doo Joon even the simplest things tend to be a big deal to him.

“Would you stop trying to make this into a big deal your sick let me at least take care of you once?” one thing Yo Seob didn’t enjoy was how he was treated like a little kid by Doo Joon. It was one thing to want to protect him but being stubborn became old pretty quickly. When the tea was done Yo Seob pads softly over to the older male; placing the tea on the coffee table before taking Doo Joon’s hand in his to pull the male into a sitting position which earns a grumble from said man. “Thank you Seobie.” Picking up the cup of tea Doo Joon takes a sip closing his eyes as the warm liquid runs through his body warming up every inch of him. Placing the cup down Doo Joon opens his eyes and looks to the younger male who was now sitting down next to him his backpack on his lap. “How much homework do you have?”

“Oh not much some math problems and a book report shouldn’t take me to long.” Even with his part time job and weird hours Yo Seob made sure to always do his homework. He was super smart, one of the best in the whole school it had always made his parents proud and he found that it’s what keeps him doing his best. “Why don’t you leave it for tomorrow? Since it’s the weekend.” Doo Joon hated the fact that Yo Seob had to work just so they could have enough to stay in his apartment. He should be out with friends doing the things normal teenagers do but as much as the younger male tries to deny it he is just as stubborn as Doo Joon.

“I have to work in the morning I am just going to do the math tonight. I’ll do the book report when I get home.” Without another word Yo Seob gets up backpack in hand, hugging Doo Joon before getting up from the couch and walking to his bedroom. Doo Joon could only sigh as he hugged his cousin in return. Doo Joon hoped that things would begin to change for the better that Yo Seob could quit his job and get into contests again or at least gain some friends if only Doo Joon could see into the future.