The meeting

Dream of a lifetime

 

She put on the finishing touches to her lipstick, fluffed her soft blonde curls, checked herself one last time in her dressing room mirror, and stepped out of her huge walk-in wardrobe. Coming down the grand stairway to the parlour, all the help around the house stole glances at her simple yet classy white leather jacket paired with a pair of skinny jeans. It didn’t help that her black leather boots made a clickety-clack sound on the marble flooring with its stiletto heel.
 
“Here we are, honey. Relax and enjoy the show, if you want anything from the collection you know you can just tell Victoria Beckham directly right? Daddy will be away for a short while again, take care of yourself alright honey! You know Daddy loves you, don’t you?” The icy cold wind blew right into her face as she stepped out of the car doors. It was freezing, but she didn’t exactly feel it. She was used to harsher climates, such as her stepmom hurling swear words and cursing her whenever her Daddy wasn’t around. She walked confidently down the red carpet with cameras flashing in her face, blinding her... But she was used to it, she had been in the spotlight all her life.
 
“Tiffany-sshi!” “Tiffany-sshi! Look this way!” “Tiffany-sshi! That is a really nice jacket! Could you turn this way for a few photographs?” She allowed herself the small pleasure of laughing silently at her surroundings for a moment or so, then began her show. A smile playing itself out on her lips, she looked directly into a few of the reporters’ cameras, posing with grace and ease. It was her thing to make people envious without doing much.
 
She settled herself down coolly at the front row of the VVIP section, turning heads as she did so, for she was certainly the youngest and prettiest lady. She smiled to herself, took out a small bejewelled mirror and checked her lipstick. From now on, she wasn't Hwang Miyoung, but Tiffany, heiress and only daughter of Premiere Buildings & Co.'s founder and CEO. She was about to be treated wonderfully, but as a means to an end. People viewed her as an object, having something to gain from her and she had long since gotten inert to that fact.
 
The music originally blasting through the speakers that seemed to be everywhere died down, and the emcee for the night began the show. Slowly, the hype was built up and Tiffany found herself watching the runway closely, intrigued by what the many talented fashion designers under Victoria Beckham had produced after months of painful efforts and hard work. She liked what she saw, and by the time it switched to men's designs she found herself giving multiple orders to her PA, changing her mind the entire time and frowning as she wondered what she would do with all the clothes even if she eventually took every single piece in the collection.
 
Soon it was the closing, and she regretted spending the whole time deciding what to get. She had the money, she could get the entire collection immediately if she wanted. Instead, she should have been checking through the latest news that were meant to be brought up during the show's after party. Socialisation was what she was here for, and she had cleanly forgotten about it. She mentally kicked herself and set herself to multitask, pretending to admire the major works of this season whilst frantically listing current affairs in her mind.
 
She got so caught up in trying to remember certain facts that the sound of applause shook her. She belatedly got to her feet, forced herself to look at the models gathered on the runway, then formed an O.