French Fries

Broken Strings (HIATUS)

 

Gayoon placed a stack of books on her usual table in the library and slumped down on the chair. She hasn't had enough sleep for the past couple of days because of her internship and Final exams. The Library has given her a place to get away from the busy streets of New York and focus on her stuffs.

 

She took a sip of her coffee and got disappointed when she finished it all. Gayoon opened the tumbler to sip it all the way till the last drop and placed it on the table. She thought of getting a refill from the coffee shop from across the street but she's brought so many things in the library that she feared they would get stolen when she gets back. She then decided to just leave the coffee alone and continued reading her book.

 

As if reading her mind, Min arrived at the library an hour later with two coffees in hand. Gayoon's face lit up and thanked her friend. Min smiled and pulled out the seat next to her, sat and sighed. Gayoon looked at her friend and felt the stress that she was feeling. Min looked so much older than her real age. "Yah, you should ask for a break." Gayoon told Min. She's really scared that her friend might have a breakdown again with all the work that's been given to her.

 

"Nah, it's nothing. I'm just stressed. And it's only a few more weeks until graduation and vacation." Min simply said, opening a book about colors and scanning its pages. "Yeah only a few weeks more. That's why I need you to be alive for me and for our graduation woman, okay?" Gayoon said hugging her best friend.

 

The two studied and reviewed for their finals for the rest of the night. At half past 10pm, Junhyung texted Gayoon that he was already downstairs. "Min, are you sure that you're going to be alright if I leave you here? You really don't want to go with us? We can drop you off." Gayoon asked Min but she just waved it off saying that she's good.

 

-

 

Simon browsed on his laptop for affordable apartments around New York City. He and Junhyung spent the whole day looking through some of the apartments near his hotel and so far he’s only approved of one because of its spacious rooms which he needed for his parties and because he has a mild Claustrophobia. The other apartment’s that they visited just wasn’t really up to his style.

 

Junhyung asked him one time while they were driving along the streets of New York, “Why the sudden change of heart? I remember, you never liked living in the City.” Simon looked at him and laughed, “I don’t know man, after being here for a whole week now; I think I’m starting to fall for its charms.” He explained, steering the wheel to turn on the corner. Junhyung eyed him, “are you sure you’re falling for New York or for Min?” he joked. Simon scoffed at Junhyung’s question but felt a bit of lump on his throat. “New York, okay? New York.”

 

He laughed a little as he remembered that conversation. He was sure that he likes New York but he keeps getting tangled with Min. And he doesn’t know what to do with Jane. Sure she’s nice but he feels that he doesn’t really like her. But he also doesn’t want to be mean to her because she was there when he was down when Min left Cabo.

 

Simon felt hungry from all the browsing that he’s done and realized that he still hasn’t had dinner yet. He got too caught up with finding his own place in New York that he didn’t realize that dinner has already passed. He looked at the room service menu; none of the foods made him want to order them. He’s the kind of guy who will order a food that calls out to him.

 

Yeah, Simon’s weird like that.

 

So he went out for a walk to look for stores that might have what he wants.

 

-

 

It was a little over 2 hours when Min felt tired reading and so she decided to call it a night in the library. She fixed her things on the table and headed out. She crossed the street to get to the other side where the way to their apartment is. She was thinking of what she could eat in the house when she arrives and realized that threes actually nothing to eat there.

 

Min decided to drop by a 24-hour food chain on the way home. As she entered the store, the smell of the burger patties hit her and made her tummy growl. "Aye, yeah tummy I'll be feeding you once we get home." she whispered. The girl behind the counter looked at the time on her wrist-watch and hesitated at first but greeted her anyway. "Hello Good evening! May I take your order?" hoping that Min won’t mind the greeting even if it was 1am already.

 

Min just smiled at her, "I’ll get bacon and cheese hamburger and three large fries. Oh and can you replace the ketchup with gravies instead?" she ordered. 

 

Min wasn't tall but her body is really slim and perfect for her age. Her hair was short too which highlighted her round face and her full cheeks. The girl behind the counter wondered if Min’s going to eat everything she ordered alone. Of course, ever since she was a child, Min always heard people tell her that she eats like a construction worker.

 

As soon as she got her to go order, she dipped her hands on the French fries and happily walked outside of the store. She made a turn in the side of the store, she bumped into somebody. The force made her back down a few steps away into the light of the lamp post. "Are you okay Miss?" the guy asked. Min suddenly realized that she knows that voice and would know it anywhere she is. 

 

Simon.

 

He realized that he bumped into Min as soon as the lamp post highlighted her face and body. "Min! I didn’t mean to. I'm really sorry; I wasn’t paying attention.” Simon said looking around if he hurt her anywhere.

 

“Nah Oppa, I’m good. Why are you out so late anyway?” Min asked regaining a little more strength from the bump she just had. Simon was a bit surprised that she was asking such and lifted an eyebrow, “Shouldn’t I be the one asking that to you, Min? A girl like you shouldn’t be out so late at a night like this.” He said sounding very concerned.

 

“I was with Gayoon earlier in the library but she had to go home early since Junhyung is going to pick her up.” She told him.

 

Simon noticed that she was holding a couple of books on her hands plus her food on the other. She was wearing a backpack that really contradicted what she’s taking up in school. He felt that she was having one of her lazy days seeing as how she’s just wearing a big yellow shirt, black leggings, a brown knee high boots and a backpack.

 

Screw dinner, he thought and he grabbed her bag and the books that she was holding onto. “Come on, I’ll take you home.” He declared. She felt a bit surprised but agreed to it in return she shared some of her food to him.

 

“So you now know how to share your French fries?” Simon teased as they walked a block going to her street.

 

“Yah! I do know how to share okay?” Min spat back.

 

“Well not with French fries.”

 

“Okay, so I’m a bit picky.”

 

They had so much fun teasing and talking that both of them didn’t even realize that they were only a few steps away from Min’s building. They stopped at the entrance and he gave her back her backpack and her books. He thanked her for actually sharing her food with him and she just laughed at him.

 

Just then her brother’s car appeared out of nowhere and stopped in front of them. Kikwang hurried to get out of the car as soon as he saw both of them outside their building.

 

“YAH! Minyoung Lee! What are you doing with HIM?!” Kikwang yelled to her but his glare was fixed on Simon.



 

I know I haven't updated in F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Mian, mian. School and the events that I have been organizing for the KPOP community here have taken over my life. I'm really really really sorry. But of course I haven't forgotten all of you, I read all the comments and I'm really glad that a lot of people have been commenting and subbing to this Thank you so much <3