CABO: where it ALL started, Part II

Broken Strings (HIATUS)

PART II -- Flashback

 

Las Ventanas Villa. Cabo, San Lucas, Mexico. Summer 2010

 

“You look very pretty bestfriend” Min told Gayoon as they both paraded their new tube sundresses in front of the mirror in Min’s room. “You look beautiful too bestfriend. Thanks for this dress” Gayoon said kissing the cheek of her bestfriend as she went to the bed and dumped her cellphone and a few make up things in her small bag.

 

“Is Junhyung here already?” Min asked Gayoon. She doesn’t feel jealous anymore with Gayoon and Junhyung being together; if anything, she’s actually really happy for both of them because she feels that Gayoon can make Junhyung happier more than she did. She’d be lying if she said that she didn’t miss having a boyfriend but even if there were a lot of guys who’ve been trying to get her attention, she just feels that there’s something missing when she tries to entertain their courting.

 

“Yeah he’s here already but I told him we’ll just meet him in the club.” Gayoon told her, while tying her hair up in a bun.

 

Min heard her cellphone on the vanity table beep and read the text that she received. It was from Simon.

 

From: Simon

What time are you guys coming?

 

She replied that they were about to finish up in the house and is heading out. Min didn’t understand why she feels so comfortable with him after only a day, but she liked the feeling.

 

It was past 11pm when Min and Gayoon arrived at the party; Simon saw them right away and led them to the bar to get drinks. Simon casually put an arm around Min’s shoulders and the girl felt her cheeks burn. She didn’t know why but she was really glad that the bar wasn’t lit well enough so he wouldn’t notice her extra red cheeks. Gayoon saw Junhyung and told her she’ll be with him for the mean time so that leaves Min with Simon, that’s when she felt her knees wobble.

 

Half way through the party, everybody was drunk and wasted. Simon and Min were in the bar and he invited her to go out instead because they can’t talk decently in the noisy bar anymore. They left and both ran out to the beach to relax for a bit. “If life here in Cabo is always like this, I seriously don’t ever wanna go back to New York” Min declared. Simon raised his left eyebrow at her and wondered aloud, “why do I feel that you pulled that statement from somewhere deep?”

 

“Well yeah. It’s a pretty screwed up story. You wouldn’t want to listen to it.” Min told him as she sat on the sandy beach and played with the water that the waves are bringing back to the shores. “Hmm. I have an idea, why don’t we play a little game of ‘I’ve never’? It feels so flat here in the beach, let’s liven it up!” Simon suggested and Min agreed.

 

“Ok girls first.” Simon said and she narrowed her eyes on him and just rolled it. “Fine, I’ve never… smoked weed.” Min said. Simon made a face that says ‘doesn’t look like it’ at her and she slapped his shoulders lightly. “Yah, I’m being totally honest here! Your turn.” she said.

 

“I’ve never… kissed someone on a first date.” Simon said and Min just eyed him with an open mouth, “Are you serious?!” Min wondered. “Yeah, is it bad? I’m the type to observe first than act out of impulse” Min nodded at this and lied on the sand. She likes watching the stars and the moon and since she couldn’t experience that kind of sky in New York, she’s taking in the beauty of it while she still can. Simon lied next to her and watched the stars and moon with her. “Did you know that flying once around the moon is the equivalent of a round trip from New York to London? It’s so cool” He said, while Min nodded just nodded to his given fact. “Anyway, back to your ‘I’ve never’” Simon added.

 

“Okay, since we’re in the kissing topic, I’ve never… kissed in the rain.” Min told him. Simon cracked a little laugh and turned his head to the left so he was looking at her. “Well that was cheesy” he simply said and got a light spank from Min. “What time is it?” Min asked as she hurriedly got up from the sand. “it’s around 3am, why?” Simon asked.

 

“I have to go back. Gayoon doesn’t like being alone in the villa or any new place. She gets scared easily.” Min worriedly explained to him. “Can’t her boyfriend be with her for the mean time?” he asked as he was running a bit to catch up with Min. “He can’t be with Gayoon when inside the villa. We’re… guarded.” She told him.

 

“Guarded? Like how guarded?! Are you wanted people!?” Simon asked her totally confused with what she just said. Min halted with her steps, “Simon, you see, Gayoon and I… we’re not just mere teenagers. We can’t just let anybody be with us in the house. It’s hard to explain without sounding really weird and outrageous” She tried to explain.

 

“Okay I understand I wouldn’t push with the issue, if there’s even any. Can I at least walk you to your villa?” Simon offered and Min nodded with a smile to ease him up. She knows that she shouldn’t drag him into her crazy life but he has this effect on her that she can’t resist.

 

Simon on the other hand also can’t understand this girl’s effect on him. He’s met a lot of girls in the island but he’s never met a girl who he wants to be with every minute of the day. He just met her the day before and now he keeps on thinking of her. She’s making him do impulsive things and he likes the feeling.

 

They walked under the starry night and felt as if the night was made just for them. Simon gathered up the courage to hold her hand while they were walking. At first, Min didn’t want to and silently struggled for a bit to get out of his grasp but his firm hands held on to her tighter—but he made sure sure that he didn’t hurt her—she gave up with the struggle and just let him hold her hand.

 

“Thanks” He said. She looked at him and sighed, “My parents. I never really see them but they’re usually updated with how I and my older brother are living. When we make mistakes that would mess up with the family name they get really really mad. They expect waaaay too much from me and my brother.” Min finally gave in to him and told her where she’s coming from when she said her earlier statement. Simon could only nod and walk with her with his head down. He felt that her whole trip to Cabo is for her to just forget and escape things in the city and escape from her parents. It's sad and he wished that he could make her feel better, but he doesn't know what to do or what to tell her to make her feel less burdened.

 

They reached the villa where Min and Gayoon are staying but Simon couldn't, more like, didn't want to let go of her hand. "So, see you tomorrow?" Min asked him enthusiastically with a genuine smile plastered on her face. It made Simon's tummy churn inside, her smile, her eyes, everything, he wanted to just hug and kiss her altogether. He controlled his emotions and nodded at her, “Of course, I’ll call you.” Simon told her, still holding her hand. “I should go” he added and turned around but as he turned, Min tugged him back with her hand that was holding his hand and she closed the distance between them with a kiss.

 

After a little while, Min broke off the kiss and she smiled at the dazed Simon in front of him.

 

“I guess you can now cross ‘never kissed a girl on a first date’ off your list”

 


Sorry for the late update :< I am finally on my summer vacation and being in a trimestral college, I have to make the most of my roughly 25 days of freedom. But of course I didn’t forget about you guys :D I thought of putting some 2am characters in the story (watch out for them in the next chapters!) because they recently visited our country and I was given the privilege of meeting them up-close and getting a VIP for all their shows here. I saw them in a whole different light and I’m telling you, Changmin is VERY different in person. Very handsome. And so is their manager who is now my new bias. LMAO. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this one! :P

PS. I added an Dang Dang Dang MV song reference to Chapter 4: CABO: where it ALL started, Part I. In case some of you may not know about it yet or is interested in hearing it :) I placed it in the middle and in the last part.