Chapter 6: I wanted to be..

In Your Arms

~Kai's POV

 

That was the one time I was mad when I saw her. It wasn't because she was doing anything wrong, but she was with someone.... Someone else. My head burned, my hands turning into stiff fists, about ready to just break something. I slowly walked over to them, trying to hide my anger.

 

I coughed, causing them to let go of each other. I met her beautiful, brown eyes and stared into them. She seemed hurt and a bit worried. I wanted to comfort her and tell her that everything will be okay, but I couldn't. I don't even know if she remembers me. Though, she has to remember me.

"Gwaenchana?" I asked Taemin still looking into Rae Hee's big eyes, not hesitating to look away.

"Mmm.. He's fine just a bit tired from taking me out all day" she said, smiling her over-the-edge smile, though I knew her way too much and it was an obvious lie.

"Seems like Kai is gonna take you, next" Taemin added smiling. I wanted to somewhat ask him what happend, and a part of me wanted to just punch him in the face. Why did he touch her like that? She was mine, now. I lost her once and I know I would kill myself if I lose her again.

 

"I have to go for a recording, so Kai will take you to your new dorm. Have fun ok?" Taemin reminded Rae Hee, my eyes still not leaving her eyes. He seemed to have chuckled, but soon walked away, going into the buillding.

 

I stood there, staring at her, wanting to once again, just crash in her arms, but I couldn't. I waited for her to move, to let go of the gaze, but she didn't. Surprisingly, she just stood there, frozed at the spot. Her eyes were filled with longing and frustration. Was she okay? Did anything go wrong? I finally broke the silence.

"Let's go?" I asked, walking to the car. She didn't move, still standing at the same spot.

"N-Nae!" she soon replied walking over to me.

 

I opened the car door for her, melting as she smiled at me. The way she moved made my heart flutter, making me think about our past. I looked up at her, staring into those deep eyes. She smiled, making my mind cheer and my heart leap. I hated seeing her sad, matter of fact I hated seeing her sad cause of another guy. I was always there for her breakups, but deep down in my heart I wanted to be the one she talked about. I wanted to be the one she cried over. I wanted to be the one she loved..

 

~Rae Hee's POV

 

I stared into his familars eyes, wanting to stop time. I could stare at his eyes all day. I smiled knowing that it will end, sooner or later. He turned away, started the engine and looked back at me, smiling. His smile always made my heart raise. Nothing like I've never imagined. Is it even possible to feel this way?

"Where are we going, oppa?" I asked sweetly, trying to bring up the mood.

"We're gonna go to your new dorm and I'm not your oppa, by the way" He chuckled. "We're the same age"

"How do you know my birthday?"

"I just know"

I blushed, turning a bright red. How did he know my age? Maybe I really did know him, but I don't know how.

"Do I know you from somewhere? You seem so familiar, but I can't seem to remember you" I asked Kai, hoping he won't think weird about my random question.

"You tell me" He teased, looking at my direction. Seeing me pout, he smirked, causing me to blush, again. 

"I don't think I can"

"Wae?"

"I got into an accident when I was in the States. I got parial amnesia so things seem familiar to me, but I just can't remember." I stated looking up at him. He looked at me, full of worry and fear, looking desperate than ever before. He started to tense up, his hands turning into fists at the steering wheel.

"A-Are you okay?" Kai muttered trying to keep eyes contact with me. I smiled trying to assure that I was fine.

"I'm fine"

 

We go to the appartment parking lot and Kai parked the car. He still seemd to be a bit more sadden and worried. I quietly got out of the car  grabbing my stuff. I hadn't even noticed that he took my stuff from Kyungsoo's car, because I was far too mesmerized by his handsomeness. 

"You do realize this is where I live, right?" Kai chuckled, giving me a warm smile.

"I guess we'll see each other, often" I replied. My heart raced and my mind was clearly out of it. Does that mean I'll see Kai almost every single day? Wait, why am I feeling this way? Do I like him? What's wrong with me?

 

He kindly brought me to my floor, both of us not talking. 

"I think I forgot my phone in the car and I have to go get something in my dorm. I suggest you set your stuff in your room and I'll be right back" He said, giving me directions to were my dorm might be. I searched for my room numbber. 609....608...607. I sighed and quietly walked in examining the dorm. I saw a neat rack of shoes, assuming that someone already lived here. Is it a boy? The last thing I wanted was to be sleeping in the dorm with a boy, let alone living with him.

 

I set my stuff down and opened a door, assuming it was my room, I set my stuff down and decided to get into something more comfortable. I slipped into some sweatpants and took off my shirt, leaving me with nothing, but my bra. I searched my bag for a comfortable shirt when I heard my bedroom door opened. My eyes widened at the sight.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry" Kai said, shocked as he quickly turned around. I put my shirt on, my hands trembling and my face in terror. 

"Ok, you can look now, but what are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Uuuhhh, I live here"