Ch. 32- The Coronation

The Key to Her Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you Jung Yunho, promise to swear fealty, to love your citizens and to guide your people to the best of your ability?" Solbi said with a smile as she came with the glittering gold crown on a pillow. 

Yunho looked up at her. "I do." 

Solbi turned to the crowd. "With the power vested in me, I now proclaim you, King Yunho. The sovereign ruler of the Atlantic Ocean Kingdom. All rise to welcome our new ruler." She said as she placed the crown on his head and helped him up. 

The crowd was jubilant. The mystery of how the former King and Queen, Solbi's parents had died had finally been solved, and Keriam was facing execution soon. They all welcomed the new king with glee. "Long live King Yunho! Long live the King! Long live Princess Solbi!" They chanted as one voice, as one people. 

Solbi gave Yunho a hug. Yunho let a tear fall into her hair when she couldn't see his face. He knew this was going to be hard. Letting her go, especially since he had loved her for so long. But it was worth it now. Look how happy she is, Jung Yunho. Look. Isn't it all worth it? One part of the prophecy was right. She doesn't belong here in the ocean... Yunho wrapped his arms tighter around her waist and Solbi patted his back while his face dug even further into her hair. Yunho breathed her intoxicating scent in for the last time, letting it wash through his mind and soothe his pain. 

Solbi tip toed and whispered into his ear. "Thank you, Yunho oppa. I know this wasn't easy for you. But I know you can be a great king. I leave the kingdom in your hands. The fact that you were able to let me go, proves how much of a great ruler you will be." She said comfortingly. 

Three people cleared their throats. Yunho smiled behind Solbi's back. He hugged her even closer to him just to piss them off. Did they think that he was just going to hand her over on a golden platter? 

Yunho slowly drew away from Solbi and looked into her blue eyes for what it seemed like would be the last time. "Make sure to visit your mother and father's graves before you leave." He breathed. Solbi nodded, even though she didn't really want to confront them, she wanted them to meet... them. The people who had changed her life. Yunho tried to crack a smile, even though it was obvious his heart was breaking apart into pieces. "Come visit me once in a while, okay?" Yunho chatsied. 

Solbi laughed, her melodious laughter tickling his ears and testing his will once again, but he knew the time had come to let her go. "Bye, Soo Solbi... My princess." He said as he tucked a lose strand behind her ear. "My love." And with that he gave her a quick  but passionate kiss on the lips. Before Solbi could even respond, she felt herself lifted through the air and standing 20 feet away from where she had been. She gave him a look. "Kai." She sternly said. 

Kai looked elsewhere. Yunho chuckled. "Bye, Solbi. Go back to the land... Where you belong, and no matter what, be happy for my sake. For the both of us." Kris frowned. Was this guy trying to piss them off? 

Before Yunho could say more, Luhan cut him off. "Okay, thanks for your help, King Yunho! See ya next time!" He said as he snatched Solbi into his arms and nudged Kai to teleport them back.

And all within the blink of an eye, Solbi was back to Kai's bedchambers in the kingdom. 

Luhan sighed and then looked at Solbi to reach out to crush her in his embrace until Kris got to her first with his damn height. 

Kris lifted her into his arms and easily fit her into his embrace. It felt so surreal. He was worried he was never going to see her again. Seeing her with another man at the altar was a sight he never wanted to see again. In all his years, he had never felt such a burning rage to rip out the man's throat, even if he was the one that helped them. And when he dared to put his lips on hers---

"Ow, Kris, ow. Not too tight!" Solbi muttered against his chest, having almost no room to breathe. Kris immediately relaxed his hold and pecked her forehead. "You're alright." He breathed lovingly. 

Before Solbi could respond, she was whisked away by Kai with his teleportation. Kai pecked her lips, her cheeks, her temples, her forehead, her nose, his lips did not leave her face, and when he was done, he finally looked into her crystal clear blue eyes, relieved to see the same beautiful sight once again. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter