! decision time.

Click Here. I Dare You. [underco.]

Hey there, lovelies. I hope that you haven't forgotten about me and this story of mine? /shot.

Truth be told, I owe all one-hunred-thirty of you my sincerest apologies. I've been so caught up in this and that, that I've ended up neglecting one of my most beloved works. As some of you may know, this story took me an entire month to plan: complete with avid note taking and ignorance to statistics lessons that I probably should have paid attention to. The outline and details of this story takes up about half of my first statistics notebook (in all honesty, I ended up having to buy a new one since I had taken up so much space) and it is, and I genuinely mean this, the piece that I consider to be closest to my heart. As some of you may be aware, this story plans to address numerous themes in not only Korean society, but the general mankind as a whole. And I was beyond proud of the plot that I had created.

So why haven't I been updating it so often? Why, if I insist that the story is something so precious to me, does it seem like I've abandoned the whole thing without a second thought?

I never meant for it to come off in such a way, but I know that some of you have thought it.

To put it bluntly, I've lost a bit of the inspiration that I originally had when I had written this.

It's a bit rididculous actually: though the plot is one that I absolutely adore, there's something about the characters that's holding me back.

Which is beyond ridiculous. I know. But let me try to explain myself.

As writers, it's our job to create character personas that are lifelike in every aspect - creating no room for any falsities whatsoever.

As a fangirls, our inital inspiration usually comes from the idols that we adore.

And as a fanfic writers, we find ourselves caught in-between: we long to write stories that are realistic and four-dimensional and beyond anyone's imaginations, but we're tied back to the initial source of inspiration: the singers and rappers that we support through thick and thin.

I think that's where things have gotten complicated.

While I love the storyline that I've conjured up, my muse has disappeared.

Please don't get me wrong: I love all the idols that I had initially cast in this fic. As some of you may know, the true inspiration for this story came from a mixture of my love for Sulli, as well as the fact that the drama "To the Beautiful You" had taken over my life. 

So basically, while my respect and praise towards Sulli as an artist has by no means dissipated, my feels for the drama have.

I love Minho and Taemin and Hyunwoo, but right now, theyr'e not inspiring me.

And I know that this hurts a lot of you, because I know that perhaps the reason why you subbed to this story in the first place is because of the possibility that Sulli could end up with either of the three men. 

This is why I want to give you a choice. 

Either way this goes, I'm still probably not going to update this for a while. In the "het" category of my fanfic writing life, my current priority is the story "It's Not ," and I basically have no intentions of multi-tasking, because I find that doing so gets me virtually nowhere in the long run. My writing style has also changed considerably since the last time I touched this fic, so I'll be going back and editing the previous chapters before I continue working on the half-finished one on MS Word (I really wasn't lying about that, you know).

But my main question is this one: are you comfortable with me changing the roles of Minho, Taemin, and Hyunwoo to three other male leads? I know that I'll get this question later on, so I'll answer it here as well. Currently, I'm planning on changing those leads to Park Chanyeol (in place of Minho), Kim Jongin (in place of Taemin), and Oh Sehun (in place of Hyunwoo). No other roles will be changed in the story if I do end up changing the characters. The storyline will not change either (though I will have to go back and change a few of the personality traits I've assigned to the current characters). After all, the sole reason that I want to change characters in the first place is for the sake of inspiration.

Of course, a story is nothing without its audience. 

This is why I want to bring the question towards you guys. I feel like it's not fair if I decide on my own, so I ask for all of your honest opinions. Once I read and see everything that you guys have to say, I'll make my decision and announce it here for you all to see.

I know that a number of you are silent readers and I respect that. However, even if you choose not to drop me a comment via the poll itself or through aff, I would really appreciate it if you at least took a moment to vote. Though you may be silent, you're not unopinionated. And as some of you may guess, the reason why the poll isn't sponsored through aff is simply because I don't want anyone's opinions to be skewed by the results that they can see freely. I think that this is the most just way, no?

Anywho, I'd like to thank everyone for sticking with me despite this long, unannounced hiatus. And I think that I owe virtual cookies to everyone who decides to stick with me regardless of what decision I end up making. Either way, I love you all. ;3;